Questions, Comments and Topics Requested for PolyCast Christmas Special 2014

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
In an effort for more input as originally published last Monday, I am reposting the below here:

Headed by regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and "MadDjinn", PolyCast is approaching the conclusion to its eighth season. On December 20th, 2014, they will record the show's annual Christmas Special live as have been all episode recordings this calendar year. However, they are need of questions to answer, comments to reflect on and topics to investigate to drive this celebratory stream's content: Civ in nature, strategy/computer gaming in general or even PolyCast specific inquiries are all welcome... you are not limited to just one!

To submit your questions, comments or topics for this purpose in advance, do one of the following:

a) respond accordingly to this thread;
b) send an email to thepolycast@gmail.com;
c) leave a voicemail for free by using Skype to call the show; or
d) leave a voicemail by using your telephone to call the show: (301) 637-7659 or +44 121 288 7659.

In addition, the PolyCast team will also take them live during the recording of the 2014 Christmas Special in the chat room powered by uStream. Help the show's regular co-hosts prepare for this event by submitting your inquiries in advance. PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding, RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, SCivCast on Civ social gaming and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

You may also reply in this thread if you prefer. Keep on Civ'in!

Although I haven't purchased BE, I wouldn't mind hearing MadDjinn's thoughts and comments on some of the seemingly obvious faults with the game - faults the he himself brought to people's attention prior to the game's release. Did they disagree with his findings? Did they simply ignore them? Did they accidentally forget to change what he discovered? Was it too late at that point to make any changes?

EDIT: Is it possible to move this post to your similar thread in the BE forum?

Is it possible to move this post to your similar thread in the BE forum?
Given PolyCast's coverage of both Civilization V and Civilization: Beyond Earth, I feel it is as prudent as it is preferable to have separate threads in the games' respective General forums here on CFC.

Although I haven't purchased BE, I wouldn't mind hearing MadDjinn's thoughts and comments on some of the seemingly obvious faults with the game - faults the he himself brought to people's attention prior to the game's release.
Expect Maki, TheMeInTeam and myself to also comment on the game in response. :D (For the record, I was also apart of the BE testing group.)

Given PolyCast's coverage of both Civilization V and Civilization: Beyond Earth, I feel it is as prudent as it is preferable to have separate threads in the games' respective General forums here on CFC.

I should have been more clear: I meant my post, not the OP. Or perhaps more accurately, my reply.

Year end, look to the FUTURE! Or maybe you do it on new year, either way theme is the FUTURE!

Civ BE - Anything on BE is the future as the game is set in....the FUTURE!
Civ VI - What features would the panel like to see in...the FUTURE release of Civ. End with predictions from all on when the next release will drop. Winner gets to eat a donut on air....in the FUTURE!

Or do a retrospective. The year in Civ. Best moments, worst moments, etc.,

Thanks to those who provided questions, comments and topics in this and/or related threads. The special is now available for listening.

:xmascheers:

Just to clarify, for me personally, it’s not that your (Dan) Civ BE playtesting didn’t matter – it’s just that I didn’t know you were a playtester. MadDjinn released videos that showed his level of involvement, so he was the person I cited. I was a little sad you didn’t discuss my question of why it seems Firaxis completely ignored all the problems that you guys assumingly discovered during the playtesting phase (unless you’re forbidden to discuss such things).

Also, I’m surprised the gang didn’t jump all over that guy in the video for pronouncing Meier as “mayor.” I cringed every time he said it.

And I agree with your opinions of the Sims. All the tedious, monotonous tasks and chores you do on a daily basis . . . in a video game that you play in your “me” time? Um, no thanks!

Anyway, Merry Christmas Polycast & Modcast crew!!!

Just to clarify, for me personally, it’s not that your (Dan) Civ BE playtesting didn’t matter – it’s just that I didn’t know you were a playtester. MadDjinn released videos that showed his level of involvement, so he was the person I cited.
I appreciate the explanation and it's understandable -- I take no offence. Short of seeing my name in BE's credits, it's unlikely you'd otherwise come across any reference to my playtesting.

I was a little sad you didn’t discuss my question of why it seems Firaxis completely ignored all the problems that you guys assumingly discovered during the playtesting phase (unless you’re forbidden to discuss such things).
Playtesting discussions are bound by Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs).

Also, I’m surprised the gang didn’t jump all over that guy in the video for pronouncing Meier as “mayor.” I cringed every time he said it.
I completely forgot about it until I listened to the stock clips again after we recorded the special. I blocked it from my mind a little too well... as did my fellow regular co-hosts.

And I agree with your opinions of the Sims. All the tedious, monotonous tasks and chores you do on a daily basis . . . in a video game that you play in your “me” time? Um, no thanks!
"Want to play real life? Step away from the computer!"

:D

Anyway, Merry Christmas Poly[C]ast & Mod[C]ast crew!!!
:king:

Top Bottom