MOD: The Balancer Reloaded (TBX-R)

What would I need to change to allow tanks and ships to upgrade? I truly love the mod but I don't see how keeping these units from upgrading is really adding to the playing experience. Absolutely everything else is just awesome (alright, artillery could be a little beefier but oh well), so congrats on a terrific mod. :goodjob:

If you want units to upgrade, you would have to use the editor to flag each the units to upgrade.

I have lots of problems getting this one to work. It keeps giving various errors one time it will be settler, another would be a ship or some other unit. I have civ 3 complete, it is patched to 1.22.

Civ3 Complete seems to be a common problem. My guess is you have an install path problem... And not having Civ3 Complete, I can't tell you exactly what the install path should be.

What you need to check for in your Program Files folder is Infogrames and Atari folders. In one of those, you will see the conquests folder. TBX-R needs to be placed inside the Scenarios folder that is located in that folder.

If you have already done that... we'll have to come up with a plan B.

Try;

drive\program files\infrogames interactive or atari\civilization III\conquests\scenarios

Where it says infrogames interactive or atari look on disc to see what it reads and that will be install path decision for either atari or infrogames, and the drive is whatever letter you have assigned to drive in which game is being installed to. other than that I do not have complete package as you do so am not much help to you maybe someone out there that reads this post will have the exact install path for you.

Even if I do not have any other Civ 3 games on my PC and the game is located in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civilization III Complete\Conquests\Civ3Conquests.exe

I will remove the balance again and copy this instead maybe that will help. I really want to try this out. the 3.1 that came with complete is nice looking just not so much fun as no chance to produce settlers.

:) What about a 100x100 world map for TBX-R ?

I want Theocracy and Communism :D

I have a Us Version of Civ 3 combined with the german Conquest (includes PTW) and installed all in english. (This all works fine till today) But it's not fixed up to 1.22 cause the editor note at civ3.com says the patch wouldn't work with any euopean version so I still ask my self if it's possible to play TBX-R...

Samez said:
I have a Us Version of Civ 3 combined with the german Conquest (includes PTW) and installed all in english. (This all works fine till today) But it's not fixed up to 1.22 cause the editor note at civ3.com says the patch wouldn't work with any euopean version so I still ask my self if it's possible to play TBX-R...

I ask myself that too... and I have no answer for myself... nor for you. Sorry. All I can say is give it a try and let me know.

Hm I didn't want to risk loosing my c3c cause the folder is now about 4,5 GB large so I didn't update it and just installed and played TBX-R and it works fine till now....

:edit:

so after having some problems with units which did not want to move I decided to update my c3c to the actual version and it worked quite well!
Have now been playing balancer since a few days and it's alot of fun.

Some things I think are strange about unit balancing (just a lil bit nasty nothing serious) like frigate def of 2 that means it's not much better than a galley in direct combat. The other thing is Cavalary is nast against tanks. fought with my german Panzer II against knights and had some serious troubles ... hmm perhaps it's just the random fight calculator problem.
I like the idea of not upgradeable machines, which works very fine for me.
All in all it'S the mod with the biggest fun I played the last 6 month...

I have C3 Complete, and everything working fine (I extracted the rar to C:\Program Files\Atari\Civilization III Complete\Conquests\Scenarios). I just started playing the mod, and one bug I notice is that the unit that looks like legionaire with musket, though the desc says it needs saltpeter, it doesn't require saltpeter, but instead it requires only iron. Kind of odd, because I think it would have to require saltpeter or/and iron.

Have made several attempts to play. Get well into feudalism but there is a great dearth of resources. Horses NEVER appear and there is usually only one iron for the whole "large" continent.
Worst of all, if i open an item in the civpaedia and it has a lot of links, it freezes the whole game, tells me there are too many links and i have to restart my computer. Can't even quit Civ3.

downloaded tbx-r But my computer cannot run rar. files where do I download the software so I can Your help will be greatly appreciated thanks

Idid but it still will not show up on the civ -content in the game I have the civ3complete (atari)

I"ve found some great mods thanks to these forums. I look for lots of posts or new replies when searching for classic mods but I didn't find this mod that way!. Members have made some recent threads listing all the great mods that can be found on this site for Civ#3. Not on any of them, will you find this one. :confused:
The Balancer Reloaded is the greatest modding achevment I have ever seen in the Civ Community!!. Trust me on this;) I may not be a great modder but I know good **** when I see it!!.:eek:
I would like to take a few minutes to thank you guys for the monumental work thats been accomplished. To bring home a mod of these gigantic proportions and yet still Polished to Perfection is my reward for taking a chance on just a few pictures and a thirty minute download. Here's my take on how I lucked out.

This mod showcases the best looking units Ive come across. Tanks, and horse units, so many types. There must be at least what? 3x the amount of everything! from units to improvements, wonders to techs, Dam! this could be on the store shelf and I would have picked it up over Civ4. I would have got my moneys worth on this "opus" rather, thats for sure.

The city improvments are practical and come at the right times. They solve previous ailments of the original gameplay. The irrigation terrain is by far the best looking anywhere. I love the choice of Governments, all seem to be used by at one least civ during the time of my game. Gameplay was even altered a little, to make use of the new Canadian civ. Peacekeeping was a whole new approach for me, but i kinda enjoyed it!;) I see you even threw in a some UN gear for them to ride in.:) Great ideas! guys!, man! this mod is full of them!

The civapedia has got to be the most detailed, largest and most well- written version ever produced. In fact I know it is, ( I've played Rise and Rule, the only one even close.) So much supporting information, with all the new content really strenghtens your work and helps it feel like a commercially released expansion pack.

I only play on huge maps with 16+ civs. As far as loading times, this mod amazes me! dispite waiting longer for saved games to load, I noticed waiting for my next turn late in the game was never a lesson in patience. For a mod on this immense scale, thats a big positive.

With all this new content, bugs are few and insignifigant, not like some bug infested smaller mods out there ( I mean no offence to any modders, I can't even mod my own signiture.:hammer2:)
I see everything was quickly patched, not like 100 or so posts of error reports and fixs reported on some Mod threads.

I look at the creators of the Balancer Reloaded as being supurb contractors :hammer: and perfectionists. :worship: They built with the best of the best. Constructed from so much, content yet with so little mistakes, It could put Firaxis to shame, They created the opus of all mods, the likes of which I may never play again

All involved with this project my biggest applause goes out to you: Thanks for this kick ass masterpiece:thumbsup: I really apprieciate it.

I hope lots of others have had the chance too. Later:smoke:

...last post Nov 21... should we yell at him? Nawww... I like this kinda bump, not just some stupid "Hey u guys are kewl, omg, I love this moddd!!!!!". I`m more of a total conversion dude, so I won`t play this mod, but you almost got me to DL it :)

You can now download this mod using BitTorrent. This might be helpful for you guys with slow connections.

And Patch 1.03 is now available. It fixes some irritating problems... it's the perfectionist coming out. :)

@ Kevin2350

Civ3 has a bug where you are limited to the amount of links to resources. We've gone over that limit so that the game will crash if you click iron or oil and perhaps some others. There's no fix for this other than to avoid clicking on those resources.

Good day, :king: :salute: for all work to date. very impressive.

Question man. The BREWERY city improvment, its happyness bonus is way to high, I didn't see this on your short fixs list for 1.03, what gives. This shabby type of unbalancing is not your style or was this strong belief in breweries a product of your Canadian environment?:hmm:
I know Canadians have really great tasting beer. Hell, the best cold filtered brew anywhere for that matter. Even so... don't you think you got carried away with the ridiculeous benifits the BREWARY awards its citizens. It makes more people happy/content than the zoo, temple, colliseum, and hanging gardens combined!

Don't get me wrong A Molson Canadian Brewery probably does have that kind of effect on its people. :beer: but hangovers also should be factored in:vomit: . you should stick with your Balancing theme you do so well. Not every nation is so highly entertained with their crumy tasting beer as Canada is with it's cool frosty suds!:drool:
The BREWERY's :) ness bonus is actually just to high for the other nations. Lower it across the board.to balance things. C'mon!be fair eh!)

O while your here, I have to congrate u on getting Canada's would-be Secret weapon the Avro Aero in your mod. very original. After spending hundreds of sheilds on research and production I finnally got the Aero in the Air, instead of the bottom of the ocean,!! were the real ones still are.

Luckily, this Canadian project got off the ground and was successfully completed.:cheers: Thats all that matters to me. I can change the brewery bonus myself when I play again with a differant Civ its no big deal, But someone else might not understand your decision.;) )
Also...
600 units and not one Canoe!!!:eek: What part of Canada did you say you were from again??:) Later.

T.A JONES said:
Question man. The BREWERY city improvment, its happyness bonus is way to high, I didn't see this on your short fixs list for 1.03, what gives. This shabby type of unbalancing is not your style or was this strong belief in breweries a product of your Canadian environment?:hmm:

You're absolutely right on this point. I was responisble mostly for the units in TBX-R. I'm not sure which one of the smart guys on our team was responsible for this but it is my intention to fix it in the next patch. In fact, it was on my list to fix for 1.03 but when I went to fix it, I couldn't find where the setting was. I must have been confused at the time.

My intention is to remove the happiness function for breweries altogether because one could argue that it has the opposite effect. My parents, in fact, were nearly killed by a drunk driver a number of years ago. It was not a happy time. I'm intending to have it increase trade or something instead. I'll figure it out...

Perhaps you could point out where this setting is...

T.A JONES said:
O while your here, I have to congrate u on getting Canada's would-be Secret weapon the Avro Aero in your mod. very original. After spending hundreds of sheilds on research and production I finnally got the Aero in the Air, instead of the bottom of the ocean,!! were the real ones still are.

Thanks. I had to have the Arrow in there. Thanks goes to ripptide for making it for me. Actually, the Avro Arrow prototypes were dismantled with cutting torches on the tarmac of the assembly plant.

It was nine scale models of the Arrow that were fired out over Lake Ontario. Two of them have been found recently, after more than 40 years in the drink.

T.A JONES said:
600 units and not one Canoe!!!:eek:

Yeah, I know. I couldn't bring myself to do it. I just had visions of a lone canoe sinking a fleet of war galleys.

T.A JONES said:
What part of Canada did you say you were from again??:)

Southern Ontario

Top Bottom