Increasing Power

Fiz

Chieftain
What technique do YOU use to increase your power stat? Most of the AI's always out-power me. Recently, I had a game where I was somewhat limited in land area, so I thought I'd try an experiment and started cranking out militia . All I managed to do was eat up my finances and still not beat the AI. Is there some other way to increase power other than building militia?

Land, population, and wonders all figure into the power graph as well, so increasing all of these helps.

If you have enough money, upgrade outdated soldiers. More modern soldiers always equates to more power. Sometimes it's wise after discovering a tech to take a turn or two to set taxes to 100% to get some :gold: to upgrade.

But obviously, building more soldiers increases power and is never a bad way to go, unless you really can't afford it. Don't worry about being the top in power; it's extremely difficult to do so on the higher difficulties, since the AI can support more free soldiers and territory than you.

Also some buildings are included in the power calculation such as walls and barracks. But the best way to have a higher power that can be used to attack/defend is by building military units.

Increasing your troop numbers like you did will help, but you have to do something with those troops. If you're trying to stay peaceful but have a higher power rating, develop your infrastructure like Justinian said. Just building up numbers will act as a deterent, but won't help you financially. However, if you don't mind warring, build up your troop numbers and attack. If you can win a few small wars, or one big war, I think you'll see a dramatic change.

Beside the SoDers like Shaka and Monty, I find I can keep up with most AIs without really putting much effort into it. Maybe you need to shake off some of your builder mentality. Does that city REALLY need a library/whatever? Maybe building some troops would be better used.

Top Bottom