any ideas for "Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri: The Movie"?

:bump:
Hey an idea occurred to me today: what if they went the way of the Adam West Batman and threw the tone of the source material out the window in favor of a comedy? Here's a theoretical cast:
Pravin Lal: Deep Roy with a goatee (note how the game only shows him from the neck up.)
Miriam Godwinson: Rita Rudner
Shen-Ji Yang: Steve Park
Corazon Santiago: America Ferrara
Nwabiduke Morgan: Chris Rock
Diedre Skye: Craig Ferguson in drag.
Prokhor Zakharov: Yarkov Smirnoff (In Neo-Soviet Russia, Fruit tastes you!)

On a less pretend note, here's an idea for an opening: We see a young Miriam in the present day eating breakfast with her family. She tells them about a dream where basically, God tells her the earth will be destroyed, God will kick them out of the Garden of Eden one more time, and the nations will come together and send a ship to the new earth. But the ship will split into six nations of Babylon and one nation of the righteous. God also tells her that she will lead the nation of the righteous to victory over the others, until he personally comes to rule the new earth. Her father declares here a prophetess, and after some more dialogue, we cut to disaster aboard the Unity.

SMAC? A comedy? Iww.:vomit: Plus I don't understand why the heck would God kick them out of Eden. They ARE going to Eden.

One thought of mine is that whoever plays their parts would have to sound as well as look the part. And I'm not sure how difficult it might be to find seven people that each look and sound like one of them.

I wonder... what if the movie was animated? Then the characters can simply be drawn or computer generated appropriately. Then you just need to find people for voice acting. If you're lucky, some of those people might even be the original voice actors and actresses of the game itself.

One thought of mine is that whoever plays their parts would have to sound as well as look the part. And I'm not sure how difficult it might be to find seven people that each look and sound like one of them.

I wonder... what if the movie was animated? Then the characters can simply be drawn or computer generated appropriately. Then you just need to find people for voice acting. If you're lucky, some of those people might even be the original voice actors and actresses of the game itself.

Yeah, I'll be great if SMAC would be animated. But let's stick to what will be the live action version might be like. Probably the SMAC animated version would be a TV movie or something.

What about the leaders in Alien Crossfire?

Anyway, we can continue debating about the first SMAC movie later. Now let's talk about the sequel. Casting ideas, anyone?

Clive Owen is Foreman Domai.

Hey, Civ4luvah, don't take this the wrong way, but you don't have complete control over what's discussed just because you're the OP.

^Maybe. Personally, I'd rather the game just cover the original AC. Anything else would seem to be setting up for a sequel, which is just not cool. The movie should probably end with someone winning, somehow. The best bet would probably be Transcendence, or maybe diplo while alluding to transcendent future afterwards. If it's the latter, I could see a potential sequel about alien crossfire occurring and various factions wanting to secede, ending with transcendence. Still, without tension between the factions at the start, it would lose that SMAC feel, and I doubt that the movie would gross enough to warrant a sequel. So if we must have the expansion factions, they could just make the movie 5 hours long. Personally, I'd rather just see a decent, 2- 2.5 hour film about the original 7.

Nope. I look more like a teenager with a terrible hairdo.

By terrible hairdo, I mean, I never brush my hair.

Was Morgan Freeman mentioned yet? He could be God or whatshisname? You know the guy. Always wore pants. Jimmy Pants?

And of course, I second Morgan Freeman as Nwabudike Morgan, or possibly his father now. Yeah, his father at this point.

Yes, he is mentioned. What about Yang???? (here we go again)
James Hong could be the one even if he's a little bit older. The man just turned 80 and I think he discovered the Longevity Vaccine.

Or Ric Young (also observe the Young-Yang thing :thumbsup:)

Later edit: George Takei a.k.a. Sulu from Star Trek.

Top Bottom