MilarNES: Birth of A Civilization

Ok then. I'll pick Rome.

Free tech would be Agriculture and UU would be "Legion" (which in the Stone age would mostly be a guy with a big club, later axe, and a big wooden shield - like a legionnaire one).

If I were you, I'd pick something else instead of Agriculture - considering your starting position, you would only get a bonus of +1 EC for your nation. It would be better if you picked something like Stone Mining or Fire. I'd give your Legion a cost of 1 EC. Please, send orders on a PM using the template in Post#4.

If I were you, I'd pick something else instead of Agriculture - considering your starting position, you would only get a bonus of +1 EC for your nation. It would be better if you picked something like Stone Mining or Fire. I'd give your Legion a cost of 1 EC. Please, send orders on a PM using the template in Post#4.

Ok then Wheel instead of Agriculture.

I'll send orders in a moment.

A good update. Orders will be in today.

I can't see the map...it's my problem or doesn't other players see it?

OK, gents, I need some help: I need someone to suggest me a couple of things:
1. A Renaissance Tech that can be tied to agricultural output.
2. A Enlightenment Tech that can be derived from Nationalism.
3. Wonders for every age starting in the Classical Age.

@Flavius: there shouldn't be any problem with the map. If you keep having problems, click here.

How come update says I expanded to the sea.. yet map i havn't

I know you are trying to balance things. BUT, I really should get at least 2EP for Fishing (When I chose to discover it)... the Indian Ocean/ Bangladesh basin is a VERY important fishing area... and its not like I have vast plains around me to expand upon.. a few miles north and its the Himilayas! I could even argue I should get 3EP! What do you think? You agree?

I know you are trying to balance things. BUT, I really should get at least 2EP for Fishing (When I chose to discover it)... the Indian Ocean/ Bangladesh basin is a VERY important fishing area... and its not like I have vast plains around me to expand upon.. a few miles north and its the Himilayas! I could even argue I should get 3EP! What do you think? You agree?

When I made the tech tree, I had planned for it to count only for your starting place. Were I to change ideas, then there would be many nations that would find themselves in a disadvantage, like Pictland, because the only river they have is the Thames, and seeing that it's practically the mouth, it would be pretty bad for him, as Agriculture would only give him +1 EC, but since he lives in the coast he gets +3 EC from Fishing. Had you chosen to live in the mouth of the Ganges River, you would have gotten a +2 from Agriculture and a +2 from Fishing. The balance is there so that the chances of each nation only come from the order they choose each technology, and the investments they make in economy.

You make a powerful argument, but then I would have to treat each case individually, which would make this very complicated, and other people would most likely complain because I gave you and others an advantage just for your starting position.

I understand, but BOO.

Starting location should be relevant. Nations thrived and expanded from certain points. Nations starting in less obvious places, should be penalised.

Hello, this is reality calling ;)

That's why you got a +3 EC from Agriculture, because your starting position was in a place where Agriculture would become really predominant anyway. Starting position matters with Agriculture and Fishing, mostly, as the other things wouldn't change much from coast to inner positions.

If you really want the rule to change, ask everybody else about their position in that idea. If at least a 75% says yes, I'll change it.

no no, it really doesnt matter too much.

I'm just saying that some places should just be getter as a starting point

Seri orders sended. A story is coming.

Can wonders be built at any time assuming they have not already been built.

I mean, once out of this age.. will I still be able to start the pyramids?

Do you have to discover all the techs from one age in order to start researching the next age

OR

Do you simply have to have the prerequisit techs?

This is the 3rd time I've been asked this. The first post says it quite clearly, I think. However, I will explain it once more.

You can't research techs from the age after yours unless you are prepared to advance ages. To do this, you have to fulfill these requirements:
1) You must have researched all the techs from the age before the current one.
2) You must have researched at least 2/3 of the current age's techs.
3) You have to research 1 tech from the age you want to advance to, as long as you have one of the prereq techs.

Once you advance an age, the techs from the age before reduce its price to a half of their normal price, which makes getting them quite easier.

This is the 3rd time I've been asked this. The first post says it quite clearly, I think. However, I will explain it once more.

You can't research techs from the age after yours unless you are prepared to advance ages. To do this, you have to fulfill these requirements:
1) You must have researched all the techs from the age before the current one.
2) You must have researched at least 2/3 of the current age's techs.
3) You have to research 1 tech from the age you want to advance to, as long as you have one of the prereq techs.

Once you advance an age, the techs from the age before reduce its price to a half of their normal price, which makes getting them quite easier.

OK. Bit complicated but makes sense.

Top Bottom