A small step towards Mac Civ5?

AlanH

Mac addict, php monkey
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
I just hope that they switch from Aspyr to Transgaming, the way Bioware did. Probably a futile hope, but Aspyr's stuff tends to be much buggier.

I just hope that they switch from Aspyr to Transgaming, the way Bioware did. Probably a futile hope, but Aspyr's stuff tends to be much buggier.
:eek:
WHY WHY WHY ???
I certainly hope not. I really don't see how is Aspyr's stuff more buggy than Transgaming's, and looking at the support they provided for the last game I bought from them, Dragon Age, it sucks ; no patch nor expansion, nothing, not even a dedicated support or news page, they just keep bouncing requests around to EA back to them, back to EA... :mad:

If anything, change to Virtual Programing, Paradox games get good ports, in good time with good support . :king:

I haven't seen Virtual Programming. But Transgaming's Jade Empire and City of Heroes are both pretty bug-free, and if you note the situation with Knights of the Old Republic and Civilization IV...

Taneda Santôka;8994202 said:
:eek:
WHY WHY WHY ???
I certainly hope not. I really don't see how is Aspyr's stuff more buggy than Transgaming's, and looking at the support they provided for the last game I bought from them, Dragon Age, it sucks ; no patch nor expansion, nothing, not even a dedicated support or news page, they just keep bouncing requests around to EA back to them, back to EA... :mad:

If anything, change to Virtual Programing, Paradox games get good ports, in good time with good support . :king:

Dude... Civ IV runs faster on my Pentium 4! then on my buddies iMac, not to mention mine is less buggy and my scenarios work, try playing RFC on your copy, not to mention all the beautiful mods for Windows Civ IV, with Cider you can have the exact same game as windows except it's running in a Shell that Mac can use meaning you can play all those mods

just need to find the registry hooks, dumb non self contained programs :mad: SNAFU courtesy of Windows

Top Bottom