+60 Achievements in BNW?

Aren't we all different? I am real old timer (46!) and I like acheivements because they push me to try different aspects of the game.

In my games I always try to get one or more acheivements and then win. I do not go for the achievements alone.

That's kind of how I feel. I don't need achievements, but when they are there they can be fun. In the old days I used to challenge myself to do crazy things, and achievements just encourage me to keep that up. They encourage you to try things you wouldn't normally do sometimes, and gives you an excuse to replay games. I like them in Civ V because they give you a reason to play all of the different options, so if you're going for achievements you will have played every single civ, you will have made all of the unique units, you will have won every victory type, and so many other interesting things. I'm not heartbroken when a game doesn't have achievements, and not too upset if I don't get 100%.

They're fun to do, although, I gotta admit sometimes I find ways to bypass them.. yes I know I shouldn't cheat. :(

I don't know why it's such a big deal, if that's how you enjoy the game. I like earning achievements the right way, but it doesn't really affect the game either way. If you just want the badge, no big deal. There's no reward for it anyway.

I don't know why it's such a big deal, if that's how you enjoy the game. I like earning achievements the right way, but it doesn't really affect the game either way. If you just want the badge, no big deal. There's no reward for it anyway.

Exactly.. besides, I rarely ever use the save games, for me an acheivement is earned when you find a way to earn it.. whatever it takes :mischief:

Yay, new achievements :D

What I think the reason that we've got more achievements now is that the scenarios can have more. With the DLC the scenarios had an achievement for winning as each leader, doing stuff in it etc, but with G&K they only had 'Win the scenario' and maybe a couple of 'Do X in the scenario' or 'Win as ____ on ____'.

I think we will have 9 civ victory achievements, 9 civ flavor achievements, a bunch of "win as X in scenario Y" achievements, and then a bunch more for new features like "found the World Congress", "establish trade route", or "adopt Autocracy"

I started a thread a while back to speculate how many achievements we would see. I think my guess was around 50. I tried to speculate how many would be related to new civs/new mechanics/scenarios.

Dennis Shirk said in the Q&A on 2K's Twitch.tv channel that there are only 2 scenarios. Categorically denied there being any more.

Really? That's a bit odd. It contrasts with the previewer who seemed to have personally knowledge of additional ones, but was barred by Firaxis from revealing them. Obviously, Dennis Shirk knows more. I could see him being vague (for example, he could say they have two without stating that they have only two), but a categorical denial is quite different.

Really? That's a bit odd. It contrasts with the previewer who seemed to have personally knowledge of additional ones, but was barred by Firaxis from revealing them. Obviously, Dennis Shirk knows more. I could see him being vague (for example, he could say they have two without stating that they have only two), but a categorical denial is quite different.

The thing is, nothing stops from the previewer from being wrong, hell, there's many cases where articles had misleadin ginformation.

The thing is, nothing stops from the previewer from being wrong, hell, there's many cases where articles had misleadin ginformation.

I just went back and looked at the Q&A. He does explicitly say, "These are the only two scenarios we are including."

The question was if there were any more scenarios. Either Dennis lied, or the previewer lied.

He even explained that it was because so much effort was being put into a wide range of new gameplay systems. More new gameplay systems than G&K, he said.

I just went back and looked at the Q&A. He does explicitly say, "These are the only two scenarios we are including."

The question was if there were any more scenarios. Either Dennis lied, or the previewer lied.

And who will you believe? Previewer, or the guy who made the game? :lol:

If you think about it, there's a lot more features in this game. I think some of the achievement will include

1. Find an artifact
2. Built a Landmark using an Archeologist
3. Unlock and Complete the Aestethics Policy Tree
4. Unlock and Complete the Exploration Policy Tree
5. Complete an Ideology Tree
6. Reform your Religion
7. Create a Great Work of Art
8. Win the new Cultural Victory
9. ***Win the new Diplomatic Victory***
10. Get a Themeing Bonus
11. Flip a City thru Cultural Pressure
12. Lost a city thru a Cultural Pressure

etc.

Well, at least 18 of those 60 chievos are easy to guess, right? Win as the 9 new leaders, and their civ-specific task. :)

• Win as Ashurbanipal
  • Win as Casimir III
  • Win as Maria I
  • Win as Pedro II
  • Win as Shaka
  • Win as *unrevealed leader 1*
  • Win as *unrevealed leader 2*
  • Win as *unrevealed leader 3*
  • Win as *unrevealed leader 4*
  • Assyria-specific achievement [Capture a city using a Siege Tower and plunder a tech?]
  • Brazil-specific achievement [Start a Golden Age through Pracinha combat?]
  • Poland-specific achievement [Conquer Berlin?]
  • Portugal-specific achievement [Discover last unknown civ with a Nau and found WC?]
  • Zulu-specific achievement [Defeat a British rifleman with an Impi?]
  • *unrevealed civilization 1* specific achievement
  • *unrevealed civilization 2* specific achievement
  • *unrevealed civilization 3* specific achievement
  • *unrevealed civilization 4* specific achievement
  • Build an Archaeologist
  • Build a Landmark using an Archaeologist
  • Build a Dig Site with an Archaeologist
  • Generate a Great Work
  • As any civ, generate a Great Work developed by your civ in real life
  • Build the Louvre and the Uffizi in the same city
  • Build the Statue of Liberty, Broadway, and the United Nations in the same city
  • Create a land trade route
  • Create a sea trade route
  • Disrupt an enemy trade route
  • Have a friendly trade route disrupted
  • Have a trade route to every civ [and/or every CS?]
  • Become host of the World Congress
  • Become host of the World Games
  • Become target of a trade embargo
  • Target another civ with a trade embargo
  • Complete Aesthetics policy branch
  • Complete Exploration policy branch
  • Complete Freedom ideology
  • Complete Order ideology
  • Complete Autocracy ideology
  • As Pacal, earn every type of GP through the Long Count

etc.

So I broke the new achievements down to this list:

NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_145_24
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_145_25
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_145_26
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_145_27
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_145_28
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_145_29
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_145_30
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_145_31

NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_0
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_1
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_2
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_3
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_4
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_5
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_6
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_7
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_8
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_9
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_10
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_11
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_12
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_13
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_14
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_15
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_16
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_17
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_18
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_19
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_20
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_21
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_22
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_23
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_24
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_25
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_26
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_27
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_28
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_29
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_30
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_147_31

NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_148_0
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_148_1
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_148_2
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_148_3
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_148_4
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_148_5
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_148_6
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_148_7
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_148_8
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_148_9
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_148_10
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_148_11
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_148_12
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_148_13
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_148_14
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_148_15
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_148_16
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_148_17
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_148_18
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_148_19

There are three categories here, 145, 147, and 148.

Assuming there will be nine victory achievements for each leader, and nine special achievements for each civ, along with additional achievements for the new game mechanics, only category 147 is large enough for all of them.

So I'm speculating that there will be 32 general achievements, and 20 scenario achievements, but what are the other 8? And why does 145 start at 24, what's missing?

That's going from the global achievement stats, I haven't looked at the debug file yet.

Edit: Seems someone else made the same observation earlier in the thread...

I hope the Polish flavor achievement is for a winged hussar to knockback a Janissary in Austrian territory.

I checked the achievement page today, and saw the majority of BNW achievements have been updated with names.

You can now begin analyzing and speculating.

I think you can view the achievements in their actual numbering order by looking at the XML output?

"Poland Can Into Space"
"Pedro's Party People"
:rotfl:
I wonder what those are for.

Top Bottom