+60 Achievements in BNW?

I'm going to throw a wrench in our designs here.

Shouldn't there be a victory achievements in SfA for Morocco? If it's not in SfA, would it still be in the main game?

There are no blocked victory achievements in SfA, so all those participants are known. Whatever civs are left are going to have nothing to do with SfA.

Except for the marriage one, there aren't any achievements regarding the African civs in SfA. I thought I remember Dennis saying the African civs are playable but maybe they aren't, in which case there wouldn't be achievements for them.

All this achievement postulation is pretty tenuous anyway.:p Hopefully we'll get something substantial tomorrow.

I'm going to throw a wrench in our designs here.

Shouldn't there be a victory achievements in SfA for Morocco? If it's not in SfA, would it still be in the main game?

There are no blocked victory achievements in SfA, so all those participants are known. Whatever civs are left are going to have nothing to do with SfA.

There are no achievements in SfA for France, yet it is hard to see an SfA scenario without France. Or without any major African civ.

There are no achievements in SfA for France, yet it is hard to see an SfA scenario without France. Or without any major African civ.

I think it is the marriage one, because france as far as I know is the only country that married into Africa (with Madagascar and stuff)

Some nice pop culture references in these achivements as always.

Polandball comics always make fun of Poland not can into space. And I like the Freedom achievement:

Games Without Frontiers which comes from this great song:

[YOUTUBE-OLD]LKb9XQ39-zc[/YOUTUBE-OLD]

Some nice pop culture references in these achivements as always.

Polandball comics always make fun of Poland not can into space. And I like the Freedom achievement:

Games Without Frontiers which comes from this great song:

... and that song got its title from this TV show.

Nigerian Bank Account - In Scramble for Africa, marry Sokoto or Bornu.

This made me chuckle. BUSINESS PROPOSAL.

Axis Powered is a joke with Hetalia right? Or am I missing something?

What's Hetalia?
The achievement is for winning diplomatic victory with Autocracy ideology. During WW2, the alliance between Germany, Italy and Japan (the major fascist powers at the time) were called the Axis powers. That's what it refers to.

What's Hetalia?
The achievement is for winning diplomatic victory with Autocracy ideology. During WW2, the alliance between Germany, Italy and Japan (the major fascist powers at the time) were called the Axis powers. That's what it refers to.

Aye, I do know what the Axis Powers were. Though I never saw the term "Axis Powered" used in relation to then if not on the title "Axis Powered Hetalia" which is a japanese cartoon that makes jokes with WWII as far as I saw. I remember reading somewhere that it was the most sold manga on US, but I don't truly know a lot about the series or how popular it is on US.

Although I find the brazilian achievements a little aleatory and meaningless (if there is some, I didn't get it).

Well, "Vote for Pedro" is a Napoleon Dynamite reference. So there's that.
What's Hetalia?
It's a Japanese comic/anime that has anthropomorphic versions of nation states as the characters and draws its plots from WWII era Europe. It is notable for having more homosexuality than most Americans know what to do with.

Well, "Vote for Pedro" is a Napoleon Dynamite reference. So there's that.
It's a Japanese comic/anime that has anthropomorphic versions of nation states as the characters and draws its plots from WWII era Europe. It is notable for having more homosexuality than most Americans know what to do with.

Yes. Sure. The homosexuality is what's notable. Not all the racist crap and casual whitewashing of a huge number of the greatest atrocities in human history.

Yes. Sure. The homosexuality is what's notable. Not all the racist crap and casual whitewashing of a huge number of the greatest atrocities in human history.

I was going to post about that too but I don't actually watch or read Hetalia (mainly for the reasons that you just posted) and the homosexuality is about 99% of the reason anyone does

The Yaoi stuff is what's notable, for better or worse. That's why fans of the series like it. It's part of the Yaoi genre. I don't like it either - but it was made for a Yaoi-loving audience.

I did not mean to cause a discussion about this Hetalia cartoon! D:
I don't think it's any reference to that, though, it's just a wordplay on the word "Axis powers" and "___ powered" (think steam powered).

Hmm, thinking on the hidden trophy between British Invasion and Radio Free Europe. Clearly one of the remaining civs can be famously associated with a major idealogical event or a great artist/writer/musician event. Not that this is helps much as it's pretty broad, but it's something.

Hmm, thinking on the hidden trophy between British Invasion and Radio Free Europe. Clearly one of the remaining civs can be famously associated with a major idealogical event or a great artist/writer/musician event. Not that this is helps much as it's pretty broad, but it's something.

Italy would be a good candidate for a great artist/writer/musician thingy, but yeah, it's way too broad.

A 'plunder' action will be available to perform on caravan trade routes. This, despite said routes not being laid out in physical form on roads or rivers. :confused:

City States count as separate countries for determining the diversity of Great Works. (Which makes getting the theming bonuses a bit easier.)

Source?

That also means that city-states will generate their own great artists? I wonder if the free great people from the Patronage policy will be considered to be from the city-state that gifted them or your civ...

Top Bottom