Which new civs do you think will be the hardest to play against ?

Which civ is the most challenging to play against ?

• Poland

Votes: 16 6.6%
  • Assyria

Votes: 80 32.9%
  • Brazil

Votes: 22 9.1%
  • Portugal

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Zulu

Votes: 119 49.0%
  • Morroco

Votes: 33 13.6%
  • Indonesia

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Venice

Votes: 23 9.5%
  • Shoshone

Votes: 77 31.7%

• Total voters
The Shoshone spell trouble for me. They've been advertised as another Iroquois, which is terrifying. I don't care if they have a low warmongering stat, if Pocatello wants to expand and you're in the way he's going to roll you over.

I looked at the latest ZacMinor preview and it seems as if Potacello is more of the Peacefull AI civ, ..... I HOPE

Hardest = Morocco. Their whole territory will be a fort. + defensive unit.
Most Annoying = Shoshone. Imagine getting all your resources stolen from forward settling Shoshone settlers. I can already hear the tears on the forum.

I looked at the latest ZacMinor preview and it seems as if Potacello is more of the Peacefull AI civ, ..... I HOPE

Ethiopia is also a peaceful civ, but that doesn't prevent her from steamrolling every other civs around once it gets powerful enough.

Civs that can expand and build solid empires scare me a lot more than the warmongering ones. Like Genghis Khan... pfft, he's a pushover when used by the AI.

Pocatello can potentially be another Hiawatha and if he is friendly it just makes him even more dangerous in the long run.

It won't matter that the Shoshone are peaceful themselves, if they expand so fast that you are forced to attack them (except you can't, because they have a defense bonus :D).

I went with Shoshones. It sounds to me like some Hiawatha with defensive bonus and an even bigger desire to fill the map. And they get the ease to do it.

Depends who your neighbours are.
In the late game, you would want to pay attention what every Civs are doing.

I picked Assyria, Morocco and the Shoshone. Assyria because a science/war civ is always a powerful feat to behold. Morocco because they will simply buy the game given enough time. And Shoshone because they will take all the land and get an early game jump start on you

Voted Assyria, Zulu, and Shoshone. Assyria and Zulu because the AI seems to do best with warmonger/expansionist civs despite flubbing actual combat. Shoshone because if the AI continues its current obnoxious city spam (which may be toned down a bit with the new AI happiness nerf), there will be huge blobs of brown/sea green all over the map.

The Shoshone for sure, and the Zulu and probably Assyria. The latter two because I'm going to guess they're very strong warmongers, while the Shoshone is probably the scariest one - being able to grab large amounts of lands and get a fantastic initial start is very dangerous for an AI, and if combined with a peaceful but strongly scientific AI like Hiawatha, that could be trouble.

I'd put my money on the Zulus. They're the most expansive civ in the game and are about equal, if not higher on most of the aggressive stats than Alex / Napolean. The Impi, at least on paper, look like a top tier unit as well. If the AI still refuses to upgrade their units they have the potential to still be threatening even if you're using muskets (as opposed to just steamrolling them for using units an era behind).

I have to point out your reasons is all wrong.

Look at the current civs and what makes them annoying...

It's Iroquois, Germany, America and any other civ that choose to expand like crazy thats the really annoying civs. It doesn't matter what civ it is, it's all about the "hidden" scores in the AI intelligence, what makes or breaks a competitive AI, it doesn't matter at all what UU or UA they get.

Take The Huns, the most deadly units for early combat ever, but due to the AI flavor setting, it's a total joke after it upgrades those units.

Shoshone no doubt. If they start to spam cities it can get really annoying.

Yeah I voted Brazil just because I can see their cultural dominance being annoying. At least with a strong enemy military you have more control on the variables.

If the AI flavor of Brazil is anything like The Iroquois (or another nutty expansionist AI), then it might get a bit annoying, but I doubt it will be another nutty expansionist AI.

So in effect Iroquois culture/tourism is going to be more annoying than Brazil.

the shoshones might not be the most challenging but they i would not happy with them as my neighbour. Crazy land grab + 15% defence is just nasty

runaway shoshone or morocco will be hell in Deity.

Imagine spawning nexto to shoshone, you can pretty much kiss half your good settling sites goodbye.

I wonder if Shoshone will be banned in multiplayer. I can imagine a lot of cheesy exploits involving forward-settling in someone's face, then digging in to cut them off from expanding or grabbing resources.

Top Bottom