New info from the BNW pre-load (July 2nd 2013)

Mogadishu is maritime and Ife is religious.

Hold the phone, THERE'S AN AFRICAN SKIN TEXTURE!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

Red Fort confirmed by Dennis Shirk in interview.

Vancouver maritime city-state.

Here's the entry for the Zulu:

Code:
		<Row>
			<Type>CIVILIZATION_ZULU</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_CIV_ZULU_DESC</Description>
			<ShortDescription>TXT_KEY_CIV_ZULU_SHORT_DESC</ShortDescription>
			<Adjective>TXT_KEY_CIV_ZULU_ADJECTIVE</Adjective>
			<CivilopediaTag>TXT_KEY_CIV5_ZULU</CivilopediaTag>
			<DefaultPlayerColor>PLAYERCOLOR_ZULU</DefaultPlayerColor>
			<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_CIVILIZATION_ZULU</ArtDefineTag>
			<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_MIDDLE_EAST</ArtStyleType>
			<ArtStyleSuffix>_AFRI</ArtStyleSuffix>
			<ArtStylePrefix>AFRICAN </ArtStylePrefix>
			<PortraitIndex>8</PortraitIndex>
			<IconAtlas>EXPANSION2_CIV_COLOR_ATLAS</IconAtlas>
			<AlphaIconAtlas>EXPANSION2_CIV_ALPHA_ATLAS</AlphaIconAtlas>
			<MapImage>MapZulu360x410.dds</MapImage>
			<DawnOfManQuote>TXT_KEY_CIV5_DAWN_ZULU_TEXT</DawnOfManQuote>
			<DawnOfManImage>DOM_Shaka.dds</DawnOfManImage>
			<DawnOfManAudio>AS2D_DOM_SPEECH_ZULU</DawnOfManAudio>
		</Row>

here's the entry for the zulu:

Code:
		<row>
			<type>civilization_zulu</type>
			<description>txt_key_civ_zulu_desc</description>
			<shortdescription>txt_key_civ_zulu_short_desc</shortdescription>
			<adjective>txt_key_civ_zulu_adjective</adjective>
			<civilopediatag>txt_key_civ5_zulu</civilopediatag>
			<defaultplayercolor>playercolor_zulu</defaultplayercolor>
			<artdefinetag>art_def_civilization_zulu</artdefinetag>
			<artstyletype>artstyle_middle_east</artstyletype>
			<artstylesuffix>_afri</artstylesuffix>
			<artstyleprefix>african </artstyleprefix>
			<portraitindex>8</portraitindex>
			<iconatlas>expansion2_civ_color_atlas</iconatlas>
			<alphaiconatlas>expansion2_civ_alpha_atlas</alphaiconatlas>
			<mapimage>mapzulu360x410.dds</mapimage>
			<dawnofmanquote>txt_key_civ5_dawn_zulu_text</dawnofmanquote>
			<dawnofmanimage>dom_shaka.dds</dawnofmanimage>
			<dawnofmanaudio>as2d_dom_speech_zulu</dawnofmanaudio>
		</row>

african middle east_afri

Romantic composers are far too over-represented. Give us Monteverdi, Vivaldi and Corelli! Chuck out Liszt and John Cage! (I do quite like the latter, but when a composer as important as Monteverdi isn't in...)

Not sure, I thought I saw somebody mention it in the other patch thread but I lost it.

It was me. Not sure if it's accurate, though. Middle East is above so it might just remain the usual Middle Eastern city style.

Type>CIVILIZATION_ZULU</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_CIV_ZULU_DESC</Description>
<ShortDescription>TXT_KEY_CIV_ZULU_SHORT_DESC</ShortDescription>
<Adjective>TXT_KEY_CIV_ZULU_ADJECTIVE</Adjective>
<CivilopediaTag>TXT_KEY_CIV5_ZULU</CivilopediaTag>
<DefaultPlayerColor>PLAYERCOLOR_ZULU</DefaultPlayerColor>
<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_CIVILIZATION_ZULU</ArtDefineTag>
<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_MIDDLE_EAST</ArtStyleType>
<ArtStyleSuffix>_AFRI</ArtStyleSuffix>
<ArtStylePrefix>AFRICAN </ArtStylePrefix>
<PortraitIndex>8</PortraitIndex>
<IconAtlas>EXPANSION2_CIV_COLOR_ATLAS</IconAtlas>
<AlphaIconAtlas>EXPANSION2_CIV_ALPHA_ATLAS</AlphaIconAtlas>
<MapImage>MapZulu360x410.dds</MapImage>
<DawnOfManQuote>TXT_KEY_CIV5_DAWN_ZULU_TEXT</DawnOfManQuote>
<DawnOfManImage>DOM_Shaka.dds</DawnOfManImage>
<DawnOfManAudio>AS2D_DOM_SPEECH_ZULU</DawnOfManAudio>

Here's the entry for Motherland Calls:

Code:
		<!--<Row>
			<Type>BUILDING_MOTHERLAND_STATUE</Type>
			<BuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_MOTHERLAND_STATUE</BuildingClass>
			<Cost>1060</Cost>
			<PrereqTech>TECH_RAILROAD</PrereqTech>
			<PolicyBranchType>POLICY_BRANCH_ORDER</PolicyBranchType>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_MOTHERLAND_STATUE</Description>
			<Quote>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_MOTHERLAND_STATUE_QUOTE</Quote>
			<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CIV5_BUILDINGS_MOTHERLAND_STATUE_TEXT</Civilopedia>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_WONDER_MOTHERLAND_STATUE_HELP</Help>
			<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_BUILDING_MOTHERLAND_STATUE</ArtDefineTag>
			<NukeImmune>true</NukeImmune>
			<HurryCostModifier>-1</HurryCostModifier>
			<MinAreaSize>-1</MinAreaSize>
			<DisplayPosition>2</DisplayPosition>
			<FreePolicies>1</FreePolicies>
			<IconAtlas>EXPANSION2_WONDER_ATLAS</IconAtlas>
			<PortraitIndex>9</PortraitIndex>
			<WonderSplashImage>WonderConceptMotherlandStatue.dds</WonderSplashImage>
			<WonderSplashAudio>AS2D_WONDER_SPEECH_MOTHERLAND_STATUE</WonderSplashAudio>
		</Row>-->

... so no Brazilian great artist/musician/writer? With Brazil not only in the game, but also as the poster civ for culture victory? I mean, REALLY?

OK, I'm going to ask this once, and once only. Where. Is. TS. Eliot. And. Where. Is. Larkin.

Whoo, that list is going to keep me ranting for a while... :p

Any news on new effect of Petra, Colossus, Terra cotta army?

Terracotta now yields 1 culture and it doesn't have a great person production bonus anymore! :eek:
A suspicion line was added:
<InstantMilitaryIncrease>1</InstantMilitaryIncrease>
I've yet to understand what is that supposed to do.

Petra lost its gold bonus to desert tiles but it gives you a free caravan and seems to add a trade route, EDIT: Bonuses to floodplains have been removed!
yield 1 culture, 6 after the tech.

EDIT: The colossus yield 5 gold and 1 culture, seems to add 1 trade route and gives you a free cargo ship

The colossus seems to do something else with trade routes but I'm unfamiliar to those tags:

Petra has only this line:
<NumTradeRouteBonus>1</NumTradeRouteBonus>

The colossus has:
<TradeRouteRecipientBonus>2</TradeRouteRecipientBonus>
<TradeRouteTargetBonus>1</TradeRouteTargetBonus>
<NumTradeRouteBonus>1</NumTradeRouteBonus>

I believe the great artist list is incomplete, since it's missing some previously confirmed artists, such as Grieg (In the Hall of the Mountain King was one of the first Great Work of Music we heard, IIRC), da Vinci, Van Gogh and Shakespeare, to name a few.

One building totally confuses me: the "Staatsmuseum". It means "State museum" in Dutch but it makes little sense for the Boers to have them and I don't really see the Belgians getting it either.

Probably a German UB, since it means the same in German as well :) Why can't you see it for Belgium though?

Hold the phone, THERE'S AN AFRICAN SKIN TEXTURE!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

I'm confused, does this refer to a texture for the terrain of an African Continent (Similar to the "europe" and "Americas" we do already have). Or to the texture for a civ/cities?

Some interesting stuff in the SfA scenario, there will only be a few CS in the game.
The Boers seem to be having some farm/plantation improvement. Some riflemen/GWI units being added (Foreign legion and volunteer, Force Publique), couldn't see to which civ. One is also getting an artillery replacement (Rifled canon), and I figured that the Germans will be getting a ironclad replacement ('Brandenburg class') and another civ as well "Caio Duilio class". A calvary replacement (Dervish calvary) and a scout will be replaced (Explorer)
One building totally confuses me: the "Staatsmuseum". It means "State museum" in Dutch but it makes little sense for the Boers to have them and I don't really see the Belgians getting it either.
Turkish bath being added as well.

On an interesting note, for both the Boers and the Belgians there's a note at audio saying "AS2D_SCENARIO_SPEECH_SCRAMBLE_FOR_AFRICA". Could it be that they have actually added Flemish and Afrikaans?

Force Publique would be Belgian, Foreign Legion presumably French? The Caio Duilio was Italian, and yeah, the Brandenburg-class was German. I hope there's new art for those two, that'd be really cool. Staatsmuseum is probably German too (means the same thing as in Dutch).

Here's what Globalization does now:

With Globalization, each Spy you send to another Civilization as a Diplomat will increase the number of Delegates you control in the World Congress, bringing you closer to Diplomatic Victory

... so no Brazilian great artist/musician/writer? With Brazil not only in the game, but also as the poster civ for culture victory? I mean, REALLY?

I wish they had some sort of great person or work for Indonesia. But I never expected it because, remember, this is a Euro-American-Western game first and foremost.

Terracotta Army:

Creates a copy of each type of military land unit you control and places the unit near the city where the Terracotta Army is constructed.

Colossus:

Gains an additional trade route slot and a Cargo Ship appears in the city. Trade routes other players make to a city with the Colossus will generate an extra 2 Gold for the city owner and the trade route owner gains an additional 1 Gold for the trade route. City must be built on the coast.

Petra:

+1 Food, +1 Production for all desert tiles worked by this city (except Flood Plains). Gains an additional trade route slot and a Caravan appears in the city. +6 Culture once Archaeology is discovered. City must be built on or next to Desert.

Chateau:

A Chateau must be built adjacent to a Luxury resource. It may not be adjacent to another Chateau. It provides the same +50% defense bonus as a Fort. Must be built in French territory. When Flight is researched its Culture yield increases by 1 and its Gold output rises by 2.

National Visitor's Center:

Must have built a Hotel in all Cities. The cost goes up the more cities there are in the empire. 100% of the Culture from World Wonders, Natural Wonders, and Improvements (Landmarks, Moai, Chateau) is added to the Tourism output of the city. Tourism output from Great Works +100%.

Actually, for Musicians alone there's Francisco da Silva with Te Deum, and Lobo de Mesquita with Regina Salve, and I might have missed someone...
Haven't yet checked for Writers - I'd like to see Luís de Camões and/or Fernando Pessoa there...

Romantic composers are far too over-represented. Give us Monteverdi, Vivaldi and Corelli! Chuck out Liszt and John Cage! (I do quite like the latter, but when a composer as important as Monteverdi isn't in...)

Wait, there's no Vivaldi? Whaaaat? :( You missed such a great opportunity, Firaxis. Enrico Dandolo's Theme also doesn't seem to be based on the Four Seasons, what are you doooing?

Top Bottom