New info from the BNW pre-load (July 2nd 2013)

Ah, so it's only some of the artists etc? Excellent... does anyone know whereabouts in the game files I can find all this stuff?

I think I know why Shakespeare and Van Gogh don't appear in the list I posted. Their names already exist in Vanilla.

The World Congress host becomes the UN host I think.

So by being the host of the World congress you are the only one allowed to build the UN wonder that changes the World Congress into the UN?

or

By being the host of the World Congress, whenever anyone builds the UN Wonder, you become the host of the new UN (even though it may be in someone else's city)

OK, I'm going to ask this once, and once only. Where. Is. TS. Eliot. And. Where. Is. Larkin.

Whoo, that list is going to keep me ranting for a while... :p

no lovecraft and no colerdige, among the others, too. That's a major disappointment

So by being the host of the World congress you are the only one allowed to build the UN wonder that changes the World Congress into the UN?

or

By being the host of the World Congress, whenever anyone builds the UN Wonder, you become the host of the new UN (even though it may be in someone else's city)

I think it just changes to the UN and whoever is the current host gets the bonus.

A last minute addition is very unlikely, we already found a lot of previously undisclosed stuff through data mining.

You can still hope though.

Yeah, it was my last grasp at straws. It just sucks they didn't implement features into some Civs than really could have benefited (Germany, America or Netherlands).

Stayin with mods for now, I guess.

It's OK- it's not a complete list, some which have already been confirmed aren't on there. (And both good points, especially Coleridge).

I replied before I finished reading the thread. I believe that the second one is already in the game now that I think about it (or my memory is wrong)

I can't really understand why some people get the new files and other don't. Even though I have bought the expansion some days ago, the update hasn't included the "expansion 2" folder so far. I wonder why.

Yeah, it was my last grasp at straws. It just sucks they didn't implement features into some Civs than really could have benefited (Germany, America or Netherlands).

Stayin with mods for now, I guess.

Well, Germany gets an 'indirect boost' from better barbs

[SPECULATION]
They may have made changes in trading luxuries that could improve the Netherlands too
(lets say you could trade away resources that you imported from other civs/citystates, just as if they were in your own empire)

That would help Netherlands, right now if it has 1 Cotton from a CS ally, and another in its own territory... it is impossible for it to trade away its last copy.

However if all civs could trade away a resource they are receiving through import....
Netherlands has only 1 Cotton (4 happy)
1 Cotton to another civ for 1 Whale (6 happy)
1 Whale to another civ for 1 Spice (8 happy)
1 Spice to another civ for 1 Gem (10 happy)
1 Gem to another civ for 1 Ivory (12 happy)

So Netherlands Happiness would be primarily dependent on its # trading partners with extra luxuries.

[sorry for wandering off confirmed pre-release info] :(
[/SPECULATION]

Do you think the Great Work will be 4'33"? :lol:

it's "In a Landscape" apparently (according to what Giskler posted). seems like a pretty strange choice to me. the list feels to some extent like someone listing off their favorites, which i guess matches what the developers said about asking the relevant departments to write up a list of suggestions.

I Updated the list. Now it should show everyone with related great works.

Well, Germany gets an 'indirect boost' from better barbs
They may have made changes in trading luxurues that could improve the Netherlands too
(lets say you could trade away resources that you imported from other civs/citystates, just as if they were in your own empire)

That would help Netherlands, right now if it has 1 Cotton from a CS ally, and another in its own territory... it is impossible for it to trade away its last copy.

However if all civs could trade away a resource they are receiving through import....
Netherlands has only 1 Cotton (4 happy)
1 Cotton to another civ for 1 Whale (6 happy)
1 Whale to another civ for 1 Spice (8 happy)
1 Spice to another civ for 1 Gem (10 happy)
1 Gem to another civ for 1 Ivory (12 happy)

So Netherlands Happiness is primarily dependent on its # trading partners with extra luxuries.

Good points. America doesn't seem to get any indirect buff though; especially with the Shoshone. Oh, well. I will always have the American Domination mod.

I Updated the list. Now it should show everyone with related great works.

You can delete those question marks for the Ethiopia inclusion. It was confirmed by another Steam poster as well.

Ethiopia is in.

Should someone make a thread about that? Isn't that kind of a big thing? I'm not sure if it was always known that Ethiopia was going to make it.

You can delete those question marks for the Ethiopia inclusion. It was confirmed by another Steam poster as well.

Ethiopia is in.

That was in another thread, I confirmed it myself here after further examinations.

It's a minor detail, but we are still missing some Great Works that have been confirmed:

The Scream, In the Hall of the Mountain King, Choro No. 1, Los Sietos Locos

Top Bottom