FfH2 0.31 Changelog

hmm...just after I converted the stuff in version 1 of my modmod, and began to implement the new stuff:(

Oh well, its probably a good idea for me to focus on homework until the next patch comes out anyway. Also, I haven't been documenting it very well, so this will probably mean the next version will be better documented. I'd already fixed 3 of the bugs, but I don't know enough about events to solve them all. It is probably best to save my modmod for a more stable version.

Edit: you should also probably change the "PROMOTION_JADE_RUNE" to "PROMOTION_JADE_TORC in the CvRandomEventinterface.py (it is almost certainly the cause of that weird Bambur bug, since it was after an adventure which may have added a non-existent promotion) and maybe make cities captured/recaptured by the Infernals get their free UB. Make sure that this version is bug free, than focus on the morale and hinterlands mechanics ;)

hmm...just after I converted the stuff in version 1 of my modmod, and began to implement the new stuff:(

Oh well, its probably a good idea for me to focus on homework until the next patch comes out anyway. Also, I haven't been documenting it very well, so this will probably mean the next version will be better documented. I'd already fixed 3 of the bugs, but I don't know enough about events to solve them all. It is probably best to save my modmod for a more stable version.

Edit: you should also probably change the "PROMOTION_JADE_RUNE" to "PROMOTION_JADE_TORC in the CvRandomEventinterface.py (it is almost certainly the cause of that weird Bambur bug, since it was after an adventure which may have added a non-existent promotion) and maybe make cities captured/recaptured by the Infernals get their free UB. Make sure that this version is bug free, than focus on the morale and hinterlands mechanics ;)

True enough, but since this will just be a true patch fix update the updated files should be minimal and easy to run a compare against to get fixes.

Good call on the Jade Rune problem, I bet your right. I'll get that fix in too.

The Jade Rune/Torc problem was pointed out by snarko in the Bug Thread first (unless someone else pointed it out before him. I remember hearing about this problem a while back, but not with a reference to the specific file in which to find it), I just checked the python (and corrected for my modmod) and repeated what he said when I noticed it wasn't in the changelog.

Go ahead and give snarko credit for this fix instead of me, and if you want to credit me for something put my name by the Resurrection spell fix (both the getHero define fixes were mine)

Could you go ahead and allow a promotion to grant a bonus vs multiple promotions in the next patch too? That seems like one of the most minor and easiest to add of the xml changes I've suggested (although feel free to add more of them too), but would be very useful.

aw.. why reduce boar rider strength? I like them being different. As is Chariots are really the only non-national mounted unit worth building anyways, and Boars are higher on the tech tree...

Not just particular to them but dont want ffh to be like vanilla, with a bunch of different skins for the same stat unit underneath

Could you go ahead and allow a promotion to grant a bonus vs multiple promotions in the next patch too? That seems like one of the most minor and easiest to add of the xml changes I've suggested (although feel free to add more of them too), but would be very useful.

Its actually a fairly big deal. Id have to turn that value into an array to do it correctly. And array manipulation is a huge pain (at least for a minor programmer like myself). But I do think its a good idea, there are a few times Ive wanted it myself, so I probably will add it. But not in a patch. It would also break save games, which I dont want to do with this patch.

@Quertz- Boar Riders will still be a full strength above other horsemen, but I don't know why they were 2 strength above other horsemen, thats really excessive.

Finally, one of my xml requests made it! (or probably will eventually)

It should really allow a different bonus for each promotion, like how I proposed in the Modders Guide to FfH thread (similar to affinity, damage types, ect. In general I think that type of implementation is far superior for most tags)

I thought the fact that they required pigs justified their extra strength. I could never seem to get them anyway I thought the replaced the horsearcher?

Do explain this one please {it dont have to do with king kong does it :') in some strang way that my simple mind can not fathom.}

Cosmetic Changes:
1. Abashi packs her angry eyes.

Im guessing its reffering to a make up change, probably using a darker contact (thinking summer musk), more shadow and combined with a thicker mascara and eye liner :mischief:

Im guessing its reffering to a make up change, probably using a darker contact (thinking summer musk), more shadow and combined with a thicker mascara and eye liner :mischief:

she doesnt have eyebrows, so no mascara ;) but i made her look grimmer without that.

Could promotion granting buildings (Hippus stable, Ljosalfar archery range, etc) be made to give their free promotions to units that are promoted there?

Edit: @ Nikis-Knight: I don't think using the old forge mechanic (which I think was hardcoded in Python or C++) is the best way, but I just realized you could make them work like the Dragon's Horde or the higher levels of the Altars of the Luonnotar by simply changing <bApplyFreePromotionOnMove>0</bApplyFreePromotionOnMove> to <bApplyFreePromotionOnMove>1</bApplyFreePromotionOnMove>. However, I think this might mean that the units of rival civs with open borders could take advantage of this and get the promotions for themselves (not sure if that is true or not)

Could promotion granting buildings (Hippus stable, Ljosalfar archery range, etc) be made to give their free promotions to units that are promoted there?

Edit: @ Nikis-Knight: I don't think using the old forge mechanic (which I think was hardcoded in Python or C++) is the best way, but I just realized you could make them work like the Dragon's Horde or the higher levels of the Altars of the Luonnotar by simply changing <bApplyFreePromotionOnMove>0</bApplyFreePromotionOnMove> to <bApplyFreePromotionOnMove>1</bApplyFreePromotionOnMove>. However, I think this might mean that the units of rival civs with open borders could take advantage of this and get the promotions for themselves (not sure if that is true or not)

Yes, currently units visiting your cities from other teams would also be able to pick up these promotions id this was set.

Is it possible to add the following game options:
During custom game creation, have a selection &#8220;Random Good&#8221;, &#8220;Random Neutral&#8221; & &#8220;Random Evil&#8221;.

It&#8217;s fun when you play with x amount of players, to know you will have a certain number of Good, N and Evil.

During custom game creation, have a selection “Random Good”, “Random Neutral” & “Random Evil”.

It’s fun when you play with x amount of players, to know you will have a certain number of Good, N and Evil.

As mush as I would like that option, I don't believe it is possible. Kael himself has said he would like that, but random player placement is handled in the game engine and modders have no access to it. (Although you could probably add dummy civs/leaders and use python to remove/replace them before the game starts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorvanwavere
During custom game creation, have a selection “Random Good”, “Random Neutral” & “Random Evil”.

It’s fun when you play with x amount of players, to know you will have a certain number of Good, N and Evil.

As mush as I would like that option, I don't believe it is possible. Kael himself has said he would like that, but random player placement is handled in the game engine and modders have no access to it. (Although you could probably add dummy civs/leaders and use python to remove/replace them before the game starts)

Is there a file I can edit to pre-select my and other starting civ's and leaders?
Like the CIV4GameOptionInfos.xml for starting game options.

It is not beyond the scope of what is possible.

Kael are you going to introduce a new game option in 0.31 which will make combat experience more balanced at Marathon and Epic Speed?
Vorshlumpf suggestion to give 0 xp for any combat over x% or applying vanilla combat experience as option would solve lot of unbalancements at those game speeds, particularly Marathon.

Top Bottom