Learning by doing

Vorpal+5

Venturing in Erebus
Is this mechanism working with an accumulation of 'experience points' or is it a flat random chance per turn?

Because if that's the first way, you should really not move a free colonist from a lumbermill, if he is there since 20+ turns. If that's the second way, you can move them relatively freely and that's very different!

Thanks.

I believe it is the latter (once the required number of turns have passed).
Moving the colonist around inside one turn doesn't seem to matter but if he is still in a new profession by the time you start a new turn all previous learning is lost.

Is this mechanism working with an accumulation of 'experience points' or is it a flat random chance per turn?

Because if that's the first way, you should really not move a free colonist from a lumbermill, if he is there since 20+ turns. If that's the second way, you can move them relatively freely and that's very different!

Thanks.

Experience points. You're right about the latter. I don't move my experienced free colonists and generally keep the city labor allocation as "locked".

Latter is flat random chance.. I'm confused. I guess you mean that I shouldn't move free colonists.

I guess you mean that I shouldn't move free colonists.
Exactly. :thumbsup:

Or at least just move them to the same Profession.
If you change their profession "Learning by Doing" starts from 0 again.

My LbD algorithm is a bit "complicated" to explain. (It has both linear and exponential components that influence a random.)
But it works "experience like" with thresholds and increasing chances the longer a Colonist works in the same Profession.

By the way:
RaR mod has been finished.
The follow up project is now We the People.

Top Bottom