Open Spots in NES.

There are many, many good nations to be had in stjnes5.1, and we need more people! if you want a super strong land army, take the hittites. but what about sea power? the Sicilians have huge potential. If you want culture, gujarat is for u. then there are the generic nations of gaul and teutonic order! or, create your own.

OK, I have a NES out, it's already been in progress for like 6 or 7 turns.
Or rather only 6 or 7 turns.
Anyway, it has - I dunno - maybe 20 or 30 NPCs at the moment. And I need some more people cuz I started out with maybe 10 or 11 and in the 6 or 7 turns it lasted 4 or 5 dropped out, though another person joined.
So, come on.
Here is a link: StKNES5: A New Lease on NES

I am looking for an NES to join. I would like something that is set in the 20th century and updates about once a week.

hi! Welcome to the NESing forum! I think your best go right now is to see what NESes are currently open and active. Pick one that you like best and PM a mod if you can join. Normally mods would be happy to have an extra player :). Oh and most NESes now are updated once a week (theoretically)

panda, my map........ :(

Attachments

• Kursk1.jpg
    Kursk1.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 219
@Stalin [offtopic] can you post an unedited pic ^ please?

Hey guys, I'm thinking of starting a NES some time soon.

STOP!

Don't think "Oh, look at this, noob NESer starting one month after joining the community!"

I'm not going to start it right away. I'm going to get more NESing experience first. But anyway, here's the basic idea:

LINES- World of Magic

This is an althistory of sorts, but the point of diversion is so far back that it will be played as a fresh start. Basically a mass of intelligent particles are knocked off course while drifting through deep space. They eventually hit earth, instead of narrowly missing as they did in OTL. Different particles blasted away from each other, and spread all over the earth.

These sentient particles need more description. They are capable of working together to move physical objects, or subtly changing the minds of creatures. They are lured towards intelligent life, where they can base themselves on and apply their powers. They found an infant race, just beginning to develop civilizations: Humans.

Humans quickly learned to bend the particles to their own uses. Although all humans had small magical capablity, some would teach themselves to turn their gift into tremendous power. Early magic users took up certain types of magic, but since different types of magic react violently with each other, a nation can only use one type.

Some types of magic: Druidism, Voodoo, Shamanism, Pyromancy, Necromancy...

I have more types planned, but that's the general idea. Each magic type will have its bonuses.

From the beginning, magicians would also change animals to suit their purposes. Possibly the most formidable creature they created was the dragon. (Hey, what's a magic NES without dragons?) Some grew giant spiders, or other mythological creatures. Though I think I'll let everyone use dragons, more minor legendary creatures will be UUs. Picture it! Giant Spider cavalry! YEE-HAW!

Sorry.

Regular military will still be useful, but they will be supported by wizards and rare mythological creatures. Regular military will be divided up by general troop type (spearmen, archers, swordsmen...), and upgrades will affect the entire army and navy.

The eco. system will be fairly simple, points to spend on training military, increasing culture, etc. 1 point per turn can be invested into raising the economy to the next level, where you have one more spending point.

The nation you create can be totally made up, since earth's history was changed so drastically.

Stories will get you bonuses, the better written, the better bonus.

Trade will be as it is in many other NESes, 2 eco. to start, and one eco. earned every 3 turns from the trade.

So that's my idea. Constructive criticism and opinions are more than welcome, I'm begging for them. It's the only way anything improves.

And has anyone ever used this idea before? If so, tell me how it went and how it should be changed.

That mythical creatures idea for a nes not too old, i had one myself... but 'magic' in itself did not exist.

Lord Iggy- Looks interesting. But I have to tell you, I know a lot of people who would be quite offended if you included Vodun (or as most people *incorrectly* call it, Voodoo) as a type of magic, such as necromancy. Vodun is a traditionalist African religion whose adherents include most of Haiti, Benin, Togo, and a large part of the rest of West Africa. I suggest that you replace Vodun with Hoodoo. Hoodoo is a system of folk magic from bayou country that is a mix of African, French, Spanish, and Native Americam practices. As for Druidism, which is also a religion that several people whom I know would be quite infuriated to hear being placed as a kind of magic, I would just plain take it out. Druidism has and never had anything to do with magic, except that it was used to form much of the basis for Wicca (a modern day Neo-Pagan religion which has a large focus on the practice of ritual magic). You could possibly include a generic 'nature magic'. I just thought I would bring these two things up before you had a bunch of angry Hatians and Neo-Pagans screaming down your throat! ;)

EDIT: I have to tell ya, I REALLY do not like the economy system. I mean, it dosen't make sense that you should get two economy points per turn no matter what level your economy is at. I mean, that is the same thing as saying that the Roman Empire at its height and the Zulu Empire coul dproduce the same amount of stuff! It just dosen't make sense! The amount of eco. points that you get to spend should be based on how developed your economy is. So, if you invest more in your economy now, you profit from it later. Makes sense doesn't it?

stalin006 said:
That mythical creatures idea for a nes not too old, i had one myself... but 'magic' in itself did not exist.

And then the accident occurred and the nes was forced closed :(

@Lord Iggy, but this isn't the write place to post your idea...

Did I make the economy sound like that? No, the higher your economy level, the more spending points you get. I guess I wasn't clear enough.

And I guess I'll make the magic more generic, like nature instead of Druidism.

@alex994: Where should I have put this idea?

Stalin did you hear me?

A full two months since last post... I just dropped by to check if there were any open spots. Jot down if there are any vacant seats, preferably a new NES.

1919 Kal'tzar NES is good and need players (esp. to encourage the mod hehe)

Gelions Right there are MANY good countries to take.

1. USA
2. Brazil
3. China
4. Japan
5. Austalia
6. France
7. Spain/Portugal
8. Italy
9. Greece/Byazantine Empire
10. Yugoslavia
11. Mexico

I think thats all, but there are lots of possibilities