New NESes, ideas, development, etc

@Grandkhan: This is the 2008 map that I grabbed from the map thread a while back, is it what you're looking for?

Spoiler :

This is exactly what I'm looking for, thanks. :)

If you build the SysNES spiritual successor, they will come.

And by they, I mean Crezth, me, and probably Alex and CD and anyone else who can do math.

I maintain that the most best SysNES successor will require very little math of the players.

Of course, I thought the original SysNES was honestly pretty math-lite, it just wasn't packaged in a way to convince people they didn't actually need to know how to do real analysis.

SysNES2 didn't require anything more complicated than basic arithmetic to actually play, it just required some personal initiative in playing with a spreadsheet to see what outcomes would occur when certain actions were taken and an ability to compare them. It required a fair amount of math to break ("optimize"), which is what about half the players seemed most interested in doing, and to run, which is why although I liked its mechanics quite a bit, I have little interest in actually working with something like it, because I don't find balancing and troubleshooting equations to be fun. It also kept things fair and was the key component in making them intelligible, and so abandoning it is a Bad Idea™.

At the same time, as an authorial type (read: dictatorial, monomaniacal, perfectionist, megalomaniacal, etc.) I have little patience for the iffy notions of other people (preferring my own iffy notions instead), which is why I'm a poor moderator and a good player: I'm much better at crushing other people's visions and imposing my own than I am in harmonizing multiple visions into a coherent whole.

Taken together, it's never going to happen.

I maintain that the most best SysNES successor will require very little math of the players.

Of course, I thought the original SysNES was honestly pretty math-lite, it just wasn't packaged in a way to convince people they didn't actually need to know how to do real analysis.

I'm pretty sure I was failing real analysis at the same time I was in that NES.

If I terminate my current NES, would anybody be interested in a Pokemon NES? Either that or a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon NES.

Shadowbound said:
I'm pretty sure I was failing real analysis at the same time I was in that NES.
rofl. i did well in that. and can't for the life of me remember what it involved now.

It would be interesting a NES about colonization of a specific planet? Players would be colonizing factions, and the goal would basically populate (or survive) in a hostile planet ...

Kind of weird but I had to write this idea before going to sleep. :p

One major difference between the 2008 and 2013 maps: Sudan is now two countries, North and South.

How could we have missed this, you guys

This map amuses me. From here.

Secret Denmark is still the best though.

Apparently the people of Mexico was nearly unanimously in favor of Jingoistic policies for Mexico [the state] to conquer Mexico [the place] in the name of Mexican revanchism. These revanchist attitudes led to the rise of the Conservador Party, which felt that no one but Mexicans should vote in Mexican elections. As there was not a single Mexican in Mexico [the state, with the place being occupied by Mighty], the end result was that not a single person in Mexico was eligible to vote in Mexico's democratic elections because none of them were Mexican.
Rajputana can become a state if it's 1% Mexican. Mexico contains exactly 0 Mexicans at present (which is, incidentially, why we also have elections with no voters and as a result have a permanently 100% Conservative Upper and Lower House), so Rajputana will never achieve statehood unless we get ahold of some Mexicans.
I swear it's stealing ideas from here:

Can some one tell me some way to make a hex map ? I have the hex map ready; Need some advice what terrain features to allocate to what hex.

Relatively unimportant country that already had a civil war going on at the time anyway. And it was probably just lumped in under the Arab Spring.

You're not very good at sarcasm are you

Top Bottom