Hello and welcome to my first thread.

johnnyfoodstamp

Chieftain
Hello all! I've read these forums for years but just now decided to sign up and post my first post. And guess what? It's not to rage. I just had such a good game that I wanted to tell someone.... :crazyeye:

So a little backstory - Steam tells me I have 631 hours in on this game. It's my go-to game. I generally play on King or Emperor but I have been messing with Deity a lot lately. Quite a different game as I am sure you are all well aware. I love the cut throat nature of the harder difficulties. It forces you to make risky, but rewarding moves.

So the reason for the post....

I was playing as Siam on a Standard size Pangea map and working on a diplomatic victory. For the most part I stuck to myself. I was only able to grow to 3 cities and my entire empire was cut in half by Arabia so I had to have open borders just to get connected to my Capitol. Not an ideal start. But since I was playing the Diplo game I decided to just ride it out.

I was attacked by Askia first and then Sulieman. Both times I beat them down so hard in my own territory that they offered me cities and gold and all types of things for peace. It was a nice boom to my economy and made both of them fall behind in points. As the turns went by I bought up more and more City States for votes and I owned the World Congress every single year.

Now for the dilemma. Korea had just finished the Apollo Program which made me nervous. I decided to see what I could do about jamming Sejong up so I made a deal for all of his Aluminum and then I also threw in Open Borders on top of the sweetheart deal just so I could use some Calvary to go spying.

So I send a few Calvary through Korea just to get a sense of what I'm dealing with. I've never scouted a Civ in this manner and wasn't sure if I was wasting my time or not. But then, down at the southern point of Korea, I hit pay dirt. I saw 2 Spaceship Parts being moved to the Capital. I readied myself for a war. I built up a resistance at home and then followed the Spaceship Parts around for a little bit. Let's just say they took a quite inefficent route to the Capitol, lucky for me. :)

When the moment was exactly right, I destroyed both of his Spaceship Parts, pillaged all his Aluminum mines, and then my City States literally engulfed his entire ground troops. So I just moved in and wiped him off the map. I liberated 2 city states in the war and it was enough for a Diplo victory.

Proabably the most fun round of Civ 5 I've ever played. Cheers ya'll! :king:

congrat on your win ,seems lke a fun game indeed

congrat on your win ,seems lke a fun game indeed

Thanks. And you know the best part? My old roommate was over and when we lived together he used to watch me play Civ all the time and we would narrate what was going on and get into it. And he happened to be around for what I've dubbed "The Booster Incident" AKA when I destroyed the Spaceship Parts.

He was all like, "Man, I can't believe your moving those Calvary all the waaaaay over there just to go look around. You can't even see what he's builiding." Then he was all like "Damn, there's his Spaceship Parts, you sneaky bastard!" Finally, he was all like "I CAN"T BELIEVE THAT WORKED YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD!" lolol :lol:

Sounds, like a great snatch of a victory.

I've done just over 200 hours, extremely small fry compared to many around here.

Your room mate comment, made me think back, how years ago, I would watch my mate play some strategy games for hours including CIV and think how does he do it.

I guess a lot come from experience and trying things out, but with so many different combinations, CIV, can still be a very unpredictable game.

Top Bottom