Civilopedia 5 online

NICE:D

The only thing I could think to make it better would be a search function. Unless there is already one there and I missed it. Either way, great work!

Heh, I had found the site early on when units were the only thing available on the site.

The effort has been great and that I appreciate. So why not make it better? Personally I find the arranging hard to read. Would it be possible to rearrange the icons? I have a pic here.

Also including the in-game icon for units would be really helpful. I have no idea what a Sipahi looks, for instance.

Attachments

• CivVTechTreeWithCosts.jpg
    CivVTechTreeWithCosts.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 302
Nice work.

Induced Vomiting?
I almost did.

I lost total respect for Civ5, with its addition of the GDR.
http://civilopedia5.com/units/mech.html
It is one thing for a modder to add such a rediculis thing to their game, or for it to be part of a scenario, but, for it to be part of the game, just reduces this game to childish, in my opinion.

There are plenty of units that could have been added as "Future" units, some, I have suggested myself.
Here are a few on this site:
http://weatherwars.blogspot.com/2005/11/electromagnetic-weapons.html

Moderator Action: Stay on topic. This thread has nothing to do with the content of the civilopedia, so if you want to rant about it, then go elsewhere.

My sincere thx for this, it is a great help when discussing modding here - we no longer need to run the game in the background!

:thanx: :king:

Did I understand it right - You can easily update it when a patch comes, because little manual work is involved?

I don't suppose you could add this Tech Tree diagram to the Civilopedia, could you?

Or even this one... image is still pending approval from moderators to show up in the Gallery!

PS; Strange isn't? We both created a similar snapshots hybrid! :lol:

Attachments

• TechTree_ACMRIMF.jpg
    TechTree_ACMRIMF.jpg
    473 KB · Views: 236
Or even this one... image is still pending approval from moderators to show up in the Gallery!

PS; Strange isn't? We both created a similar snapshots hybrid! :lol:

What are those letter-number combinations at the bottom of the screen?

They were simply added manually to the jpg image & are pulled off my Z-Eras (below) screens as a reference for TUBW (Techs,Units,Buildings,Wonders) available amounts from each eras.
I might have a question of my own then... You've got tech costs on yours, i'm not exactly sure but i doubt i've ever seen these values while i play with the 1.0.0.621 version overhere.

You don't. They're photoshopped on. I think it looks cool.

Should the text of Shock and Drill not be (I added the correct text in bold):

Drill:
+20% Combat Strength when fighting against a unit in ROUGH Terrain. (Hills, Forest or Jungle)

Shock:
+20% Combat Strength when fighting against a unit in OPEN Terrain. (NO Hills, Forest or Jungle)

I'm impressed by the work and effort but the in game Civilopedia is...horrible. Are there any plans to fix the missing/incorrect info? Is there a way to have it display at least the raw stats from game files?

Should the text of Shock and Drill not be (I added the correct text in bold):

Drill:
+20% Combat Strength when fighting against a unit in ROUGH Terrain. (Hills, Forest or Jungle)

Shock:
+20% Combat Strength when fighting against a unit in OPEN Terrain. (NO Hills, Forest or Jungle)

That's only when attacking, so the ambiguity would still be there.

The point is, battles always take place on the tile of the defender, so terrain bonuses/penalties will always come from that tile.

Drill:
+20% Combat Strength when attacking a unit standing in ROUGH Terrain. (Hills, Forest or Jungle)

Shock:
+20% Combat Strength when attacking a unit standing in OPEN Terrain. (NO Hills, Forest or Jungle)

Drill:
+20% Combat Strength when attacking a unit standing in ROUGH Terrain. (Hills, Forest or Jungle)

Shock:
+20% Combat Strength when attacking a unit standing in OPEN Terrain. (NO Hills, Forest or Jungle)

Except it's not only for attacking units. You get that bonus when defending in rough/open terrain as well.

Drill:
+20% Combat Strength in melee battles taking place on ROUGH Terrain. (Hills, Forest or Jungle)

Shock:
+20% Combat Strength in melee battles taking place on OPEN Terrain. (NO Hills, Forest or Jungle)

Top Bottom