Mao Zedong - The People's Republic of China (ENGLISH AND SIMPLIFIED CHINESE!)

Lykos23

Chieftain
Been working on a mod that introduces Mao Zedong of the People's Republic of China...

INFO!
Spoiler :

Mao Zedong's Unique Trait is "Love Of The Masses" in which Population increases unhappiness by 50% less. Luxuries are unobtainable excep with abundance, and produce 1 less gold. Also, luxury tiles yield additional food and production. Cities provide +1 culture And all land units receive the Revolutionary Spirit promotion.

The Unique Unit is the People's Liberation Army which replaces the Rifleman. It is capable of performing most tasks of a worker with the added ability to remove heresy. It is slightly cheaper to produce than the Rifleman which it replaces.

The People's Commune is a unique improvement which can be built on flat land. It increases production by 2, food by 2, and culture by 1. The improvement advances with the progression of technology.

Unique Promotion: Revolutionary Spirit: Grants you 10% Attack bonus when fighting in friendly territory, the ability to move after attacking (Guerilla Warfare), and additional healing in friendly territory.

Unique Building: Great Hall of the People. It replaces the palace and simply compliments the leader trait as its functionality.

Soundtrack! With genuine songs from the cultural revolution! Dozens of songs will play while you are playing as Mao Zedong.

lua script causes uprisings if your happiness is below -5. And has a small chance to spawn friendly units if a city is captured.

Check it out :goodjob:

Translated to simplified Chinese by Steam User =china= Meishashier

You can download it from Steam or through the Downloads file list from Mediafire.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=223084663

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=22328

Version 0.5 as of this post.

Welcome to Civfanatics and thanks for the link to your work. Your mod would gain even more interest here if you could add a screenshot and some details, such as what the unique ability, unique building (if applicable) and unique unit(s) are and add a screenshot or two.

Welcome to Civfanatics and thanks for the link to your work. Your mod would gain even more interest here if you could add a screenshot and some details, such as what the unique ability, unique building (if applicable) and unique unit(s) are and add a screenshot or two.

Thanks for the welcome! Been a very long time lurker (since a year after Civ IV came out) never posted before now.

A'ight. It was on the "Most Popular" page of Steam for about two weeks, posted it here so Mac users would have access.

But you're right. I will edit this post now so it's not so generic. :goodjob:

Now we're talking! That looks really good. I like the idea of a rifleman who can perform worker actions and remove heresy! Does he disappear when he does that, like the cleric in the game?

He is not supposed to, with 100 heresy removals capacity per PLA. However, this mod is still in the beta stages and I cannot guarantee that it will always work. If it does not work then the next update usually implements whatever feature is glitched out as I'm pretty proficient with fixing my mistakes. :crazyeye:

I made and edited all the images myself btw. They were free public works and photos which were then artistically re-rendered by myself with GIMP.

I can claim this mod is mine, but it is everyone's as much as it is mine and I hope everyone feels free to do whatever they want with the xml, lua, and sql code. :)

Any reason for why the PLA replaces Rifleman and not WWI/WWII Infantry? Timeline at least would mean it should replace those... I would also have named them red guards, but that may have been due to playing too much CNC.:D

Any reason for why the PLA replaces Rifleman and not WWI/WWII Infantry? Timeline at least would mean it should replace those... I would also have named them red guards, but that may have been due to playing too much CNC.:D

The beginnings of the PLA have their origin in the beginnings of China's industrialization during a time when most other nations were very much technologically ahead of China. Because the original PLA was comprised of poor peasants given basic military training during a time when China was backwards I had decided that the first use of the unit should be in the beginning of industrialization. Another reason is because this is very close to around the time you adopt your ideology, and Mao was a very ideologically driven person.

Next, they were initially called Red Guards in the mod, but then replaced with the "Chinese Workers and Peasants Red Army" or "People's Liberation Army". The Red Guards were Chinese student volunteers and factionalists that got completely out of control during the Cultural Revolution. In the 1960s, with a tear in his eye, Mao had to disband the Red Guards because they had become so unruly that the PLA was sent to disband some of their factions. Red Guard Factionalists may have a reappearance in the barbarian uprisings that happen with -5 happiness though, in order to represent the Gang of Four and excesses during the Cultural Revolution.

Steam workshop version updated to 0.6 BETA. uprising code has been tested and tweaked.

Top Bottom