Ekmek's Civ4 Leaderhead Gallery

What are your thoughts on making a Geronimo-based Crazy Horse, I'm making a mod where I'm splitting the Native Americans into the Sioux and the Iroquois. Currently I am using your Geronimo as Crazy Horse, but a good Crazy Horse would involve making him look a little younger (Crazy Horse was in his thirties when he died) putting a feather behind his head and giving him Sitting Bull's clothing (and removing the scarf). I don't know anything about making leaderheads, and even with tutorials I doubt I could do anything close to your work. It isn't a big deal though, so its up to you.

What are your thoughts on making a Geronimo-based Crazy Horse, I'm making a mod where I'm splitting the Native Americans into the Sioux and the Iroquois. Currently I am using your Geronimo as Crazy Horse, but a good Crazy Horse would involve making him look a little younger (Crazy Horse was in his thirties when he died) putting a feather behind his head and giving him Sitting Bull's clothing (and removing the scarf). I don't know anything about making leaderheads, and even with tutorials I doubt I could do anything close to your work. It isn't a big deal though, so its up to you.

It's possibly unauthentic, but here's a picture of him.
Spoiler :

There's also the famous memorial.
Spoiler :

Yeah there are a lot of historians that say he may never have been photographed or drawn (in person), he was scetched based on eyewitness accounts but never in person. That photograph MAY be authentic but there is no real way to know, which I think in a way almost makes it easier to make a leaderhead of him, because there isn't really anything to compare it to. I just know he was around 32-34 when he died, so he wouldn't be that old looking, necessarily.

IgorS,

I think I know what the problem is. give me a few days and I'll fix it

Thanks, I hope you'll fix it, because it is weird to see Kossuth do those things with his hands...
By the way, here are two minor bugs I found in your South American leaderheads:
Dom Pedro II- pink stripes above and beneath the background.
Peron- pink stripe above the background, pink mouth (no teeth).
Other than that everything else works perfectly!
I'm using the following: Ben-Gurion, Bolivar (as San-Martin:)), Metternich, Maria Theresa, Mihai Viteazul, Ostenaco, Geronimo, Pachacuti, Akbar, Constantine, Henrique the Navigator, Paul Kruger, Theodora- all work great!

Thanks IgorS

the BG issue is an easy fix by enlarging the texture in the bg.nif (if you have nifskope and dont wnat to wait). peron's pink teeth can be fixed by adding n washington_diff.dds (for now)

Kossuth will require some model fixin'

again, thanks for the feedback!

Thanks IgorS

the BG issue is an easy fix by enlarging the texture in the bg.nif (if you have nifskope and dont wnat to wait). peron's pink teeth can be fixed by adding n washington_diff.dds (for now)

Kossuth will require some model fixin'

again, thanks for the feedback!

Since I don't understand anything about nif and dds files, I don't have a clue what they do and how to edit them, I will wait for a fix (although if Nifskope is a friendly program I might check it out). Peron's teeth looks like something I can fix myself, thanks.

Hey I saw your other post about Emperor Meiji and he is looking great. I was just wondering what animation you were using (so far), or thinking of using?

I have been reading up on him a little (because I was going to try and put him in a mod I am working on because one of the players is Japanese and wanted him in it) and he actually seems to be quite a peaceful guy. In fact his role in the actual Meiji restoration of Japan seems to be a small, if not insignificant one. But I think the regular Taizong animations would work well with him as far as his demeanor. Just a suggestion.

Is this the final version
I want to rework the shaders.
If we're talking about Emperor Meiji, I hope it's not the final version short of the shaders.

What's with the hair? Specifically the forehead hairline? Looks like Mama Meiji took a bowl to his head and cut around it... looks nothing like his hair line.

Also, the moustache should be going from his nostrils to his lips, not just a straight line across his lips. I'd say the eyebrows are too thin too (and/or too high and/or wrongly angled)... IMHO, there's more work to be done then just the shaders.

I see th Parthenon behind El Cid... is he based on Pericles?

How about this for El Cid's background... the Cathedral of Valencia, the city he famously took over?

Spoiler :

IgorS

here is a hot fix for Kossuth. I tested it with a few animations so the hands don't look weird. my model is missing the bicep bones which i have to investigate further but withthis 'hotfix' it looks more playable. just put the nif in your Kossuth folder and update you art_defines to call the kossuth.nif instead of the pericles.nif.

updated meiji picture attached

IgorS

here is a hot fix for Kossuth. I tested it with a few animations so the hands don't look weird. my model is missing the bicep bones which i have to investigate further but withthis 'hotfix' it looks more playable. just put the nif in your Kossuth folder and update you art_defines to call the kossuth.nif instead of the pericles.nif.

updated meiji picture attached

Thanks! I hope you replaced the download on the main page too. I'll try it as soon as possible.

Meiji looks funny... maybe Taizong wasn't such a good idea...

I see th Parthenon behind El Cid... is he based on Pericles?

How about this for El Cid's background... the Cathedral of Valencia, the city he famously took over?

Spoiler :

I think he's using Alexander; the face looks more like Alex's than Pericles'.

And I agree with you on the background.

Comparing pictures again... yeah... that's much better!

About the only thing I could say now (and it's a minor thing)... he seems to have bags under his eyes... if this is modeled on the younger Meiji, maybe those should be toned-down or removed?

Overall... looking very good now (and fantastic job on the uniform).

P.S.
Ahead thinking here... but I'd definately be copying the Zara Yaqob or Mansa Musa LH code for Meiji... he needs to be a complete Tech-Whore (and someone needs to counter the default "always falls behind through isolation" Jap leader).

I think his nose could stand to be widened a little and his lips "squished" a little (not as wide and a little thicker) but otherwise its perfect, you should release it.. ;)

Top Bottom