Pre-release demo confirmed?

V. Soma

long time civ fan
I repeat here what I read on the 2K forum, as it made me excited and I wish someone would confirm it:

"During the 100th Polycast, Dennis Shirk and Barry Claudil did announce that there will be a demo before release. Date not released."

With all the pre-order bonuses I think a demo before release would be a wise move

I missed the polycast, is there a transcript anywhere? Im going to preorder, but would love a demo. Most likely a demo will be released right before the release date, but the earlier the better for us.

I missed the polycast, is there a transcript anywhere? Im going to preorder, but would love a demo. Most likely a demo will be released right before the release date, but the earlier the better for us.

I've looked around a little bit but can't find either an audio file or transcript of the podcast. Maybe someone has one though.

A demo would be great news for all of us, even if as you say, it only comes out a week or two before the release.

The most recent Polycast released is #96. They were RECORDING #100 last Saturday, ergo it will be a few weeks yet.

I've looked around a little bit but can't find either an audio file or transcript of the podcast. Maybe someone has one though.

A demo would be great news for all of us, even if as you say, it only comes out a week or two before the release.

It's one or two less weeks of suffering!! :lol:

Bring it on!! :clap:

Taken from the fanatics website front page.

Prerelease Civ5 Demo Confirmed
By Ginger_Ale at 2010-08-03 07:22
A few days ago, during the live recording of Polycast 100, it was confirmed that a demo of Civilization 5 will be available sometime before the release date, September 21 (for players outside of North America, three days later).

While the details of the arrangement were not made clear, users can likely expect something similar to Civ4's demo: the ability to play 100 turns of the game as one of four civilizations, along with a limited tech tree.

So, for those of you that can't wait 49 days for the full game, keep your eye out for a demo between now and then!

My prayers have been answered!!! :goodjob:

I cant wait till its released. But I have a bad feeling it wont be this month :(

But Ive still got hope :)

I would guess it will be released with a game magazine first, like PC Gamer. Either the issue where they review civ 5 or the one before that.

I would guess it will be released with a game magazine first, like PC Gamer. Either the issue where they review civ 5 or the one before that.

You would guess incorrectly, which has more viewers? A print magazine that has a couple thousand subcribers or release it over steam and its MILLIONS of users.

I don't ever recall Civ IV having a demo, espically before release. That is good to know that there will be a demo, so I can try it and see if it will run on my laptop.

I don't want to go through with what I did with Civ IV. It wouldn't run on my desk top computer even though I had the specs for it.

Hey! I never thought of that! :)

They did bring up the first hans on review would be in PC gamer this month (august 17) and the last time I can remember reading a handson review from them (a looooong time ago) they included a demo sort of thing. But that was for Empire: Total War

You would guess incorrectly, which has more viewers? A print magazine that has a couple thousand subcribers or release it over steam and its MILLIONS of users.

It will prob be on steam soon after, but my guess is still that it is released with a magazine. You have to remember that most things on the internet will mostly be found by those who is looking for it, releasing the demo with a magazine might very well show the game to more people who never has tried civ and that is prob much more profitable than giving the demo first to those who already has decided to buy the game (in other words us fanatics).

But that is just my guess, and by the way I think that PC gamer will be in stores today or tomorrow... not the 17th...

It will prob be on steam soon after, but my guess is still that it is released with a magazine. You have to remember that most things on the internet will mostly be found by those who is looking for it, releasing the demo with a magazine might very well show the game to more people who never has tried civ and that is prob much more profitable than giving the demo first to those who already has decided to buy the game (in other words us fanatics).

But that is just my guess, and by the way I think that PC gamer will be in stores today or tomorrow... not the 17th...

I read somewhere in the forum that the article that has CiV in it is on the 17th. THe one thats your refering to dosent have CiV in it.

The one your refering to is a UK issue. Its out now, which would make it way early for a demo.

This month's PC Gamer UK is just out. I got it 5? days ago. It's got some snippet previews on Civ 5 but no full review and nothing on the disc. I went to the newsstand here today looked at all the mags and saw nothing else on Civ 5 sadly :(

However next month in PC Gamer UK: "On Sale 1 Sept" a review of Civ 5! No mention of a demo though. "On the disc is: 10 Best CIV4 mods!" which might be really good except in the month that Civ 5 is released?" :confused:

:turkey:

Yes I was in Polycast 100, it was a live show, but I'm sure that DanQ will post a recording as he always does. But I can confirm that Barry and Dennis said there will be a demo when they were asked by a call in player.

CS

You guys mean a preview of civ v in that mag right? Seems a tad bit early for a review.

Different magazine D712 (US versus UK). That magazine also comes out in about 1-2 weeks, while the UK edition comes out in about a month.

Top Bottom