Ingame Editor

@CJ_GOROH
Thank you, I just uploaded v39.1 with those changes.

@Crimson13
Hello. :)
I do not know for sure as I didn't look at the source code and since I didn't run tests. On one hand the artifacts spawn resources so they may be needed. On the other hand there are additional informations on another layer unreachable by lua so maybe those informations only are enough, and the resources are only for cosmetic purpose.

Is anyone else using this along with infoaddict and getting crashes whenever you load a game? It was working without crashing under v. 38 but v. 39 and 39.1 crash when I exit to main menu or when I load a saved game.

ETA: I tried downloading the file from Civfanatics and extracting it along with deleting the Civ 5 cache per the OP. Still crashes.

@Benjdm
As I said on Steam, this is the old civ5 bug that randomly appears when you add or update mods and stack them. The only addition in IGE was the Japanese localization and it works fine with all known mods. I do not know how to fix your problem and there is nothing I can do on my end. Some users fell back to v38 (I added it back to the main page) and it worked for them but it only looks like a temporary solution.

@Benjdm
As I said on Steam, this is the old civ5 bug that randomly appears when you add or update mods and stack them. The only addition in IGE was the Japanese localization and it works fine with all known mods. I do not know how to fix your problem and there is nothing I can do on my end. Some users fell back to v38 (I added it back to the main page) and it worked for them but it only looks like a temporary solution.

Thanks, DonQuiche. I didn't know about this old Civ5 bug. Hmmm....

Is anyone else using this along with infoaddict and getting crashes whenever you load a game? It was working without crashing under v. 38 but v. 39 and 39.1 crash when I exit to main menu or when I load a saved game.

ETA: I tried downloading the file from Civfanatics and extracting it along with deleting the Civ 5 cache per the OP. Still crashes.

I`m using version 37 wiith no probs

Just an idea, can you give the editor the ability to give units a specific promotion(s)?
For examples giving a unit himeji castle bonus without having the himeji castle

I just want to say thank you DonQuiche for an awesome mod that I use all the time, and the best it that it is compatible with everything I use it with :D
I test mods almost daily and the ingame editor is a "cant live without tool", it just make everything so much easier to test, incredible.

one of my fave mods but i have to disable it once i do what i want otherwise temptation to make a little hcange here or there is too great

does anyone else use this mod to space out civs and make sure that there aren't 5 cvis on 1 island and 1 by itself off in the middle of no where at the start? im thinking of trying that out in my next game but hte myster of exploring a new map is really fun for me.

A REALLY weird bug, seems to be similar to an old one you found using the Communitas AI&Tools, but, not?

Basically, I can use CEP with IGE no problem, but if I add on Civ IV diplomacy Options every time I click IGE I get an error,
IGE couldn't start, probably because of another mod.
Please report it on Steam or Civfanatics with the error below and the mod name so I can fix it quickly.
<Skull> line C:\Users]Atros\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Communitas AI and Tools (v 3)\Tools\TooltipWriter\TW_Init.lua:123: attempt to index a nil value

I can add some other mods fine (RED, diplomacy values, Really Advanced Setup, Less Warmonger Hate) in any combination and nothing happens, but if I add in Civ IV diplomacy mods it breaks; Not sure if I'm explaining well, so some examples:

Communitas+IGE = Works great!
Communitas + CivIV diplomacy = Works great!
Communitas + IGE + CivIVDiplomacy = Error
IGE + CivIVDiplomacy = Works Great!

No combination of the other mods I mentioned seems to have any impact on the error, so its something about how IGE plays with Communitas WITH other mods, and I honestly don't know if this is the best thread to report it to, but since there was a similar error you found that you were able to fix by talking with CEP's maker last time, I figured this might be a good spot.

Oh, things like gamesize and such seem to have no impact either, I came across the bug playing in Huge, but making other sizes repro'd it the same.

Patch 1.0.3.144, got the sid meiers Gold edition initially so have all the DLC that came with that and both expansions (I think that just means I have it all?)

I'll add attachments with logs in a minute just in case you need them, just never had them enabled and wanted to get this post made before I lost the exact error (Couldn't copy paste it)

If you need others tell me, I'll see about getting them.

Attachments

• Databasetxt.txt
    43.6 KB · Views: 149
  • Luatxt.txt
    221.2 KB · Views: 79
  • xmltxt.txt
    18.3 KB · Views: 116
Sorry for the long feedback, I've been playing Skyrim and well...let's just say that I've got 1961 hours logged in.

It appears that putting, for example, Marble in place where an Antiquity Site is has the Marble replace it. Removing the Marble doesn't add the Antiquity Site back so it seems like it's treated as a resource. I tried this by using IGE to start a new game, settle and advance enough where I could see Hidden Antiquity Sites, then used a resource to replace them.

Okay maybe I'm a complete idiot, not sure. I would love to add this mod and I know I've used it a few years ago. I decided to download Brave New World with all the attached expansions to see what they were like.

I can't see where I would manually drag the unzipped files to in my Civ 5 folder for it to show up in the mod options when I open the game. So far nothing has worked. The IGE is the one feature that has always left me wanting with this game and its the perfect fix.

I don't consider myself simple, but a novice. Any help please :)

This causes a lua error in IGE_API_Data.lua line 505 as shown in my lua log file. Comes up in game when I click the IGE button...

Code:
<Resources>		
		<Replace>
			<Type>RESOURCE_OIL</Type>
			<TechReveal>NULL</TechReveal>
			<TechCityTrade>TECH_INDUSTRIALIZATION</TechCityTrade>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_RESOURCE_ANGLOSAXON_LEVY</Description>
			<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CIV5_RESOURCE_ANGLOSAXON_LEVY_TEXT</Civilopedia>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_RESOURCE_ANGLOSAXON_LEVY_HELP</Help>
			<ResourceClassType>RESOURCECLASS_MODERN</ResourceClassType>
			<ArtDefineTag></ArtDefineTag>
			<ArtDefineTagHeavy></ArtDefineTagHeavy>
			<AltArtDefineTag></AltArtDefineTag>
			<AltArtDefineTagHeavy></AltArtDefineTagHeavy>
			<AITradeModifier>20</AITradeModifier>
			<AIObjective>2</AIObjective>
			<PlacementOrder>0</PlacementOrder>
			<ConstAppearance>0</ConstAppearance>
			<MinAreaSize>0</MinAreaSize>
			<MaxLatitude>0</MaxLatitude>
			<RandApp1>0</RandApp1>
			<RandApp2>0</RandApp2>
			<Player>100</Player>
			<MinLandPercent>50</MinLandPercent>
			<Flatlands>true</Flatlands>
			<NoRiverSide>true</NoRiverSide>
			<IconString>[ICON_RES_ANGLOSAXON_LEVY]</IconString>
			<PortraitIndex>0</PortraitIndex>
			<IconAtlas>RESOURCE_ANGLOSAXON_ATLAS</IconAtlas>
			<Hills>false</Hills>
			<Unique>0</Unique>
			<ResourceUsage>1</ResourceUsage>
		</Replace>
	</Resources>

However, this does not:

Code:
<Update>
			<Set TechReveal="NULL"
				 TechCityTrade="TECH_INDUSTRIALIZATION"
				 Description="TXT_KEY_RESOURCE_ANGLOSAXON_LEVY"
				 Civilopedia="TXT_KEY_CIV5_RESOURCE_ANGLOSAXON_LEVY_TEXT"
				 Help="TXT_KEY_RESOURCE_ANGLOSAXON_LEVY_HELP"
				 ArtDefineTag=""
				 ArtDefineTagHeavy=""
				 AltArtDefineTag=""
				 AltArtDefineTagHeavy=""
				 IconAtlas="RESOURCE_ANGLOSAXON_ATLAS"
				 PortraitIndex="0"
				 ResourceUsage="1"
				 AITradeModifier="0"
				 AIObjective="0"
				 PlacementOrder="0"
				 ConstAppearance="0"
				 MinAreaSize="0"
				 MaxLatitude="0"
				 RandApp1="0"
				 RandApp2="0"
				 Unique="0"
				 Hills="false"
				 IconString="[ICON_RES_ANGLOSAXON_LEVY]" />
			<Where Type="RESOURCE_OIL"/>
		</Update>

So it appears that IGE looks unkindly at <Replace> as opposed to <Update> for strategic resources.

I have used replace with luxury and bonus resources with no such problems. Looking at the lua file, I see you use ID numbers... I suppose that replace messes up that sequence.

Sorry for the absence, I (once more) didn't get email notifications.

@asterlong
Unfortunately I am no longer actively developing this mod, I just maintain and support it. Anyway I never did the promotions panel because the civ5 engine has restrictions in how promotions could be controlled.

@Taa
Thank you. :)

@Valatros
Thank you for the report. That being said, this is a communitas or civ4 diplo bug. I would bet on a typo from the civ4 diplo's author, causing a wrong building ID somewhere (ex: GRANRY" instead of "GRANARY"), I suggest you ask him to give a look. IGE is just throwing the error at your face while without it you would only notice the error on one or more tool tips.

@Crimson13
Welcome back! Isn't Skyrim is a great game? ;)

Unfortunately the game indeed uses hidden resources for antiquities. There is nothing I can do about it.

And before you wonder why this resource is not shown in IGE, this is because adding those resources through IGE would later cause unclosable archeology popups because those resources require associated data that cannot be set by mods.

@Craig
Thank you for the report, I will update the SVN repo. Do you need me to release a new IGE version or can it wait a few weeks for the next version (if you no longer use "replace")?

@The Kitteh Jesu
No, I decided that IGE would do nothing when it is closed while modifying the income would require the mod to run on every turn. Anyway I am not sure it would be possible (at least not without using hidden buildings - and that would make savegames IGE-dependent).

I just figured I'd answer the question we had before DonQuiche. I was wondering why Hidden and regular Antiquity Sites weren't showing up and that 'them being resources and I overwrote them with others' was the answer to why. Thanks for the explanation as to it being unfix-able.

And yes, I'm still on a Skyrim binge so little chance of Civ5, haha. A couple of mods that I really liked updated and some required a new game. So I had to go through it alllll over again but so far it's been worth it.

Hey^^
Well, i am using your mod in version 39, have all Expansions with the latest update, Win 7 x64 and have a problem.
I can't place cities, units, or teleport units. I can infact do all the other things you can do with IGE.
At the beginning it worked, but with the new game, it won't let me anymore :confused:
As i got a Msvcr90.dll error, which, appereantly had something to do with a mod i now don't use (Tradable Food Resources) anymore, i reinstalled the game.
And now, as i said, it has that little bug.

How do I place units from another civ on the map? I want to test some units' combat animations, and hunting barbarians can take a while.
Great mod though, my "third mod tool" after ModBuddy and Nexus.
:thumbsup:

You go to "Units" and then just choose the units you want to place. If this unit replaces for example the Swordsman, then you find the Unique Unit under the "normal" Swordsmen.

Top Bottom