Custom Map for Multiplayer

phelixx

Chieftain
Me and a friend like playing this game. We like to be on a team and create a few teams of computers and we want a custom map where we can decide what class starts where and use this custom map so that we can play together on this. Is this not possible at all? Does anyone know how to create a map where we can use that map for multi player and have it show the same resources that were used on the map and also force the classes to start in the location designated for them to start on the map? Is this impossible to do?

Really?? there is no way that you can make a custom map and play it with a friend?? What is up with that?

I have tried putting maps in that folder. And when I go into Multiplayer then Internet and look at the maps it doesn't exist. Am I missing something?

Did you restart steam? Maybe I didn't make it clear I was not sure if that was going to work... :p

The Noval Mirror Map works when it is put in the file, but maybe it is designed to do that

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=443993
^Noval Mirror map

Is what you are putting in the folder a map file or a map script?

AFAIK only custom scripts will work in MP.

You could make a script that load a custom map data and place the starting plots at your liking, but that would take some times, and is not what I would define as "simple modding".

Wow, what a pain in the butt. I CAN NOT believe that you can't play a custom map with a friend on this game. How messed up is that. Almost a deal breaker for this game. That's terrible!!

Yes only map scripts work in MP, custom world builder maps are considered mods and like mods they are not enabled yet for MP. Likely due to MP still be flaky they do not want to add to the data being transferred in a MP game....

CS

Is it really hard to create a map script? Would that let you use a custom map if you created a map script?

Well that sucks, I cannot scam people in thinking they are playing a continent map when it is a tilted axis. Everyone would be like wtf and I would do it for kicks... All the fun I would have forcing people to play in crazy conditions such as ice age, etc.

I thought this would get fixed in a few months at release.
Its now been two years.
Obviously Firaxis doesn't care about multiplayer.

Top Bottom