"Peaceful" GMR Cultural Diplomatic Scientific Game

Alright EEE :)

You made a good point about inland sea. Since g&k i never played this map. It should be fun :goodjob:

Hum, EEE, I have been notified that you invited me, but I can't do anything. That's strange.
I will try with the link that you posted previously.

Edit:
OK so it worked using the link, don't really know what happened, but I'm in!

I'm in as Greece. Can't log in GMR at the moment, but i will try it again in few hours.

How can i join the game? If i press on the link i get a

'Sorry! It looks like this game is private, and you weren't invited. :( '

My steam name is 'till'

The Inland Sea map does not support 10 players. :( I will try the lake map with sea instead of lakes to see if the map can generate river and coast.

Edit: It's my bad, first time launch the game. I should ignore the warning.

:stupid:After some trouble shooting (mostly the fake warning about unsupported number of players)

The game is finally launched!:band:

Please tell me if there is any error on the settings, I'm sure I double checked many times. First time is not easy:lol:

just to check that my understanding is correct -- special rules are no city conquering of any kind, all else is normal?

This map suck
I got 5 forest tiles in capital, 2 of them lux i need to chop anyways, and this will give you all HUGE advantage..... (and dont think there many forests near me, + this is quick huge map setting, means each move with settler will cost you alot )
Were there some changes in climate settings or just it went so awry?
(thats what i dislike in tile-based economy)
I wish to be Inca now instead :p
PS also huge maps on quick speed...... this could be somewhat too costly for worker job/settler movement costs, or army walking... you send classic era attacking force, it arrive, and it is medieval already... attacker-unfriendly.... 10 turns of walking for huge is something normal, or even 15 turns... but for quick speed its huge amount of time.....

Killing settler is ok? I suppose, protect your dude.

I did not change any climate settings.

4 billion years old
Temperature normal
Rainfall normal
Resource standard

Well, the map setting is discussed in the first page that will reduce the war effectiveness. Perhaps your play style needs to change and adapt in this map :)

No, i were planning peaceful forest builder/defence game game...
If its not clear i playing iroquois... ands their main advantage in science/culture games is increased capital production
I wont have it, means i wont have many of wonders i could have by default, and wont have incredible defencive roads which will stop others but will make me mobile, and where my melee units will have more power
But its cool, game is cool, the map is not... i think there is different from standard climate allocation algorithm for Inland sea than for normal continents

You also didnt understood me.....

Let me explain how huge vs tiny allocation works - what 3 tiles of hills on tiny - is big area of hills on huge... There no much more deserts, as areas, on huge map - simply areas of deserts are larger... so in order to get certain terrain you need to move settler further... and to attack distant enemy, even to pillage, you need move it further, and more turns... but for quick those many turns is really much....

If you have fat river around and hills, that should make up for the loss of forest. There could be some forest around for other cities. If not, just bad luck:(
Like many maps I rerolled with Iroquious, half of them have no forest.

Btw, this map does not have the option to change start bias, so I did not do anything to the bias setting. It's completely random.

Yeah i know, its all cool and no problems... simply no luck.... i roll trees often, 80% , i think the problem is because of inland sea allocation, who knows..... But i will try my best to give some competition :)

I feel sorry for you Slvynn...because i have an amazing starting position!! :goodjob:

There are not a lot of forests in general on inland sea. I have none in my start spot and in fact I think my ICC plans are out (because of the terrain) as a result of the start, but I will adjust.

There are not a lot of forests in general on inland sea. I have none in my start spot and in fact I think my ICC plans are out (because of the terrain) as a result of the start, but I will adjust.

ICC depends on terrain?

To Iroquious: maybe beeline your UB works as well, your UB won't help you with ancient or classical wonders, medieval or later wonder production is irrelevant with many players got Great Engineer. Perhaps run a engineer with your quick UB and go liberty (because you will open aqueduct on the way) for another GE? You can grab great pyramid and great wall for the stacking ggp. Just a thought:)

I have a question on the rules. Can someone capture a city, provided that they immediately give it back to the player they took it from? Also, is trading cities allowed? Both are unlikely, but it would be good to know if they are allowed, because in certain circumstances, these options could be useful.

Top Bottom