Inuit Civilization

Wait, what? There's an XML technique for concealing buildings? That would be damn useful.

In my case, what I plan is an adaptation for Patria Grande... though I wish I could ask the creator really...

So, remake the Leaderscene in my style; plus making the UB into a UI instead; and try making a Qamutik model.

And yeah, Irkalla's discovery saved the lives of many :p :D

Just tried this civ for BNW - unfortunately the unique seal resource did not appear when I settled next to snow, and the monument replacement was unavailable. I did not test to see if I could build the chariot archer replacement. Not sure if I messed something up with the mod or what.

Just tried this civ for BNW - unfortunately the unique seal resource did not appear when I settled next to snow, and the monument replacement was unavailable. I did not test to see if I could build the chariot archer replacement. Not sure if I messed something up with the mod or what.

Just tested it myself and the seals and Inuksuk seem to be working fine. Maybe reinstal the mod again?

Same problem here. The UB will not show up neither in the city nor in the list of civs to choose from when starting a new game. Settling near snow will not provide seals.

What I did to solve the issue:

emptied cache
reinstalled mod
tried without any other mod

Problem persists. :(

Thanks, will try later at home. Interested in German localization? I could help you translate, if so.

I'll try it too. Thanks for updating it so quickly - I'll update this post when I test it. :D

EDIT: It works just fine! Thanks a bunch - it's a very unique civ, and it would be a shame if it wasn't updated for BNW. Nobody has any plans to continue working on this civ, do they? That seems a shame - it could use some updates to balance it a bit more.

And I know this is a faux pas to double post like this... but I have a modding question. How easy is it to go in to the modded files and change some values? For example, say I want the UB for this Inuit civilization to give +1 food on tundra tiles as well as the current food bonus for whales and deer... How easy would it be to go in and do that myself? Is it as simple as changing some values around and writing in the UB's file that it should provide food on those tiles?

Just played for the first time and found that my city view in an ice city is bugged. I tracked the lua error to the custom CityView.lua, line 1228, which looks for the description for the dummy building but gets a nil, then crashes. If I add a description to the dummy building XML there are no problems (and the building is correctly not displayed). I have no other mod active which alters the city screen, double checked.

Could this be because of a recent version? I would think this would have been noticed before otherwise. I love this civ btw :goodjob:

How do you track the lua error? I did a search and therre is nothing in the Lua log file.

I recently started using mods (a ton of them) and trying to eliminate the cause of the crash.

It does work, however, it screws up the Civilopedia. :( You cannot look up any articles on the Civilopedia anymore.

With BNW you can make invisible dummy buildings without replacing the city view and civlopedia lua files. Maybe switching the mod over to that method would solve the problem.

Yes, I have heard of that. However, unfortunately, I have no clue about lua. Could you help me with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom