Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rhye said:
PTW shipped with 24 playable civs, but there were free slots for adding up to 7 civs. That's what DyP did.

I tried myself adding more than 31: when I close the window, the 32th is deleted.
If somebody gets a solution to this, please tell me.

Thanks, this will save me alot of work, as I have just checked mine and yes still 31 :blush: And Tacfun, I hope my messages didn't offend you, I assumed yours usually were joking, so I answered in the same tone. I just found it strange that people would say it is unreal for America to exist in 4000BC(probably true) but the same people didn't see anything unusual with Ancient empires existing in 2000AD, even side by side with civs they were destroyed by in real life. And in the case of Byzantine, a civ that also only existed a few hundred years, ditto Carthage, part of which became Mali, etc.
For most of history the German states for that matter warred with each other, if we were going to try to be 100% they would have to be several civs...or else all one in combination with most of Northern Europe if we were just saying being GERMANIC for instance is a civ..the list would begin stretching into infinity. I think Rhye has done a great job of mixing and matching for a very playable result. I hope you reconsider and enjoy it.
Ron

Yes..really sucks haha..I wouldn't have even gone back and looked if you hadn't posted that..I have been working on animations for the additions..hey!BRIGHT SIDE!
I don't have to do that anymore I guess :)
Ron

Did tacfun know that this site has smilies to express emotions? :lol:

EDIT: The Byzantines lasted for over 1000 years, but they were waning in power by the last few hundred up until their collapse in 1453. But I still feel that, even though I am an American, the Byzantines are more deserving of this mod. This is just my preference, I will not force this preference on anyone.

Problem in RandomMap260 : Israel is able to build Enkidu Warrior :)

Probably could have been more too, I waited till only yesterday to vote because there should be a step between cant play civ without it( I can) and good mod but I wont play it( I will).
Beernuts..besides that I like the name :) Yes Byzantines existed for longer than I gave them credit for, but 4000BC still...nope ;) Still I enjoy fighting against them so I am glad they are in this. My main point was that you could stretch reasons for/against certain civs forever, and somewhere you had to draw the line, especially now that I know it is an actual game limit.. I had thought maybe it was to keep the mod running fast, or whatever.
Thanks guys
Ron

I just wrote a new intro in the first page. I felt that the previous was too short to make somebody understand what this mod is about.
I'm sure some people only read "some additions, including Austria....." and said "bleh, I want some more", missing the real point.

I ask to any of you native-english to tell me if there are any mispells.

Arghhh !!! I will download it :(

Hey rhye, i love your map and it is indeed true that i experience no loading and in between turn time. It is so pleasant to play out world maps without waiting 10 minute between each turn and having to actually sit there waitin for the foriegn advisor to tell me the aztecs has declared war on the russians who they can not reach for another 50 turns. :rolleyes:

anyways, i was just wondering if you or anyone else can tell me how exactly you managed to make everything so fast? just a brief summary because i cannot stop playing this map!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom