Tomatekh's Historical Religion Mods

Hmm, I don't really have the time to research Blackfoot religion at the moment, but, just going by basic information, I would go with either the Iroquois or the Sioux religions.

Considering Blackfoot and Iroquois are from the same language family, their respective religions are probably "genetically" related to some degree. Although, time and distance, this might not be anything more than some similar names.

Going by geographic similarities (and any potential similar beliefs that might come from that) the Sioux are probably closer than the Shoshone. Both the Blackfoot and the Sioux are Great Plains native tribes, I believe, while the Shoshone are more properly a Great Basin tribe. Shoshone language is actually in the same language family as Aztec language, so they originally migrated south to north, while Sioux and Blackfoot (although not in the same language family as each other) both migrated from east to west from the Great Lakes regions.

Does the load order matter for the main pack and the denomination packs? Because it's still not showing the main mod's religions for me. All the denomination ones show up, though. They are all up to date, and I have even deleted my cache files.

Does the load order matter for the main pack and the denomination packs? Because it's still not showing the main mod's religions for me. All the denomination ones show up, though. They are all up to date, and I have even deleted my cache files.

Hmm, the updates fixed the problem for me (and I was having the same issue of the main religions not showing up before Tomatekh updated everything). Can you post your database log? That should show if you have any conflicts causing the problem.

(How to enable logging)

The add-ons are set to reference the main mods, so they always load after them. I'm pretty sure I always had it set like this, but I double checked when I did the last batch of updates.

Code:
[326356.478] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Religions('Type', 'Description', 'Civilopedia', 'IconAtlas', 'PortraitIndex', 'IconString') with  values (RELIGION_CHRISTIAN_ORIENTAL_ORTHODOX, TXT_KEY_RELIGION_CHRISTIAN_COPTIC_ORTHODOX, TXT_KEY_RELIGION_CHRISTIAN_COPTIC_ORTHODOX_PEDIA, HISTORICAL_RELIGIONS_ATLAS_MOD_TWO, 8, [ICON_HISTORICAL_RELIGION_MOD_ORIENTAL_ORTHODOX_TWO], ).
[326356.478] In XMLSerializer while updating table Religions from file XML/Historical Religions Mod.xml.
[326356.478] column Type is not unique

This is the problem, multiple mods are trying to add Oriental Orthodoxy. (Which also means it will probably load correctly for you if you don't include the Christian denominations pack at the moment). Since my add-ons delete the duplicate entry to avoid this problem there are five things I can think of that are causing this:

1. A mod by someone else (not me) is also adding the religion and for some reason using the exact same XML name, or a mod by someone else re-organizes the religions which may inadvertently delete/duplicate specific entries.
2. For some reason your game is ignoring programmed mod references (so they are not loading in the right order and deleting the duplicate entry). I don't know of anything that would cause this, it's possible another mod you are using references my religion mods in weird ways causing them to load differently.
3. You've edited the mod's XML for whatever reason and forgot to keep the delete entry in the Christian denominations.
4. Not all of your religion mods are up to date or you're using one of my discontinued religion mods (I had an old schisms mod that also added Oriental Orthodoxy which I don't offer to download anymore as I've better organized everything with the add-ons). The current versions are v.43: Full, v.32: Edit, v.2: Buddhist, v.8: Christian, v.22: Islam, v.1: Hindu, v.2: Christian Merge.
5. You have multiple old versions of the mods in your mods folder which sometimes can cause problems when newer versions are loaded. Delete the older versions from your folder.

This is about the most I can offer without knowing the full mod list you use.

Thanks for looking into it.
Hmm...
1. I don't have any other religion adding mods installed, so that doesn't sound like it. But I'll take a closer look.
2. I'll take a closer look.
3. Nope.
4. They're all up to date, and I am not using the old schisms one. Just the main full mod, Buddhist, Hindu, Islam, and Christian splits.
5. Nope, I already made sure any old versions were deleted before I updated to the latest ones.

Oh man, a full mod list. My mods folder has 156 items in it (though a few aren't enabled). I'll edit this post with a list in a bit, after I compile a list.

Civs:
Spoiler :

All Colonialist Legacies civs
All Lastsword civs except Mali, Romania, Imbangala, and Vikings
Davey Henninger (DH) Albania
All Patria Grande civs except Tropico and the More Civs Mexico
All More Civs civs except Mexico and Tibet
DH Armenia
DH Azerbaijan
All TarcisioCM civs
All Tomatekh civs except Champa and Timurids
All Hiram civs
DH Cordoba
DH Croatia
Moriboe's Flanders
DH Georgia
Leugi's Israel
JFD Norway
JFD Vandals
JFD Hitler Germany
JFD Bismarck Blood and Iron
JFD Peter Russia
JFD Nicholas II Russia
JFD Lithuania
JFD Armenia
JFD Belgium
JFD Louis France
JFD Hungary
JFD Italy
JFD Prussia
JFD Franks
JFD Carthage
JFD Stalin USSR
JFD Lincoln US
Moriboe Khazars
DH Bohemia
DH Macedonia
DH Moldavia
DH Montenegro
Moriboe Nri
DH Pakistan
Kramer's Rhodesia
Kramer's Texas
DH Romania
DH Serbia
DH Sikh
DH Taiwan
DH Mexico
DH Wallachia

Other mods:
Spoiler :

Enhanced UI
Whoward's DLL
Whoward's Smart AI
City State Diplomacy, and its Whoward DLL patch
Civ IV Diplomacy Mod, and its Whoward DLL patch
The Community patch
Barbarians - Unlimited Experience
Bold and Brash (Great Work)
Sukritact's Brave New Maps
Historical Religions main full, Buddhist, Hindu, Islam, and Christian Denominations
City Limits
Hiram's City State Expansion
Cultural Diffusion
Ethnic Units
Expanded Civlopedia Entries
Exploration Continued
Faster Aircraft animations
Whoward's City Bombard Range
Whoward's City Forest Bonus
Whoward's City Working Distance
Whoward's No More Civillian Traffic Jams
Great Prophet Historical Names
Leugi's Israel New Beliefs
More Luxuries
More Pantheons
PerfectWorld3 - Updated
Resource - Mint Includes Copper
Tectonic Map Script
Palace and Throne Room
Whoward's Great Work Manager
Whoward's Religion Spread
Whoward's Trade Routes Enhhancement
Unit Path Viewer
What Not to Do at a Stoplight and the Ugly Barnacle (Great Works)

Hey Tomatekh, can you add the Pastafarian religion into your mod? :clap::worship::cooool::bowdown:

Okay, try with the new versions (44 for full and 34 for the edit). They essentially delete their own entries twice now. If it works it's only really a dirty fix and doesn't directly address the mod conflict which may still cause other problems.

@Bergerperson

I've purposefully avoided including any modern and new-age religions (or anti-religions in this case) in the mod. However, as pointed out Pastafarianism is already included in the Ryoga's Strange Religions pack (linked in the post above mine) and as a stand alone mod by Salec: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=72149297&searchtext=pastafarianism

Will the new version load before the additions? I've had this problem in the past.

The mods have always been set to load before the additions. I honestly don't know what can cause the game not to read the programmed references of a mod. I'm going to be looking into this as it might be the cause of a few related problems.

The new versions have the base mods try and delete more of their own entries before loading them, which should potentially cut down inadvertent conflicts with other mods.

Finally got around to testing this... and...
It works!
:woohoo:

Edit: One thing I just noticed, though, is that it appears that support of JFD's civs seems to have been removed. Norway founded Vajrayana, so I took a look in the Historical religions files, and there's no JFD section in the xml.

Atenism could be neat. Maybe that's one of his other planned denomination packs, an Egyptian one adding Atenism and the Cult of Serapis or something. Or have the other denomination packs already been announced?

One thing I just noticed, though, is that it appears that support of JFD's civs seems to have been removed. Norway founded Vajrayana, so I took a look in the Historical religions files, and there's no JFD section in the xml.

JFD sets the preference internally in his own mods by referencing an existing civilization's preference.

It's very likely whatever is causing your game to ignore the mod reference load order (the initial problem) is also causing any civs mods to ignore their referenced load order messing up any preferences that might be set for them outside of my mod.

I think what is happening is that you have two mods that reference each other to both load before the other, and since neither can properly load first in this case, its causing the game to ignore all mod references. As this can be any two mods you use, there's no way to know which are causing it without looking at the individual modinfo files for each mod.

What about making Egyptian monotheism (Atonism/Atenism?)

If I get around to making an Egyptian denominations pack, I would add it there.

JFD sets the preference internally in his own mods by referencing an existing civilization's preference.

It's very likely whatever is causing your game to ignore the mod reference load order (the initial problem) is also causing any civs mods to ignore their referenced load order messing up any preferences that might be set for them outside of my mod.

I'll have to get around to adding database triggers so that load list isn't an issue.

I think what is happening is that you have two mods that reference each other to both load before the other, and since neither can properly load first in this case, its causing the game to ignore all mod references. As this can be any two mods you use, there's no way to know which are causing it without looking at the individual modinfo files for each mod.

Oh, fun. I shall look into it, then. Thanks.

If I get around to making an Egyptian denominations pack, I would add it there.

I have the same problem with JFD's civs, instead of founding the religion of the civilization they reference, their choice is random.

Just went through every mod I have, there were no mutual references. Also, only two mods included "RELIGION_CHRISTIAN_ORIENTAL_ORTHODOX" in them, Historical Religions (main) and Christian Denominations. :\

Top Bottom