Village improvement "bug"

Rusty414

Chieftain
The new village improvement that provides +2 gold/+3 gold next to a river gives some gameplay problems in many of my games (in my opinion). Since the +2/+3 is more benefit than any other improvement the AI will almost always chose this improvement. This leads to a very low amount of citizens in AI cities. I think if the village improvement went down to +1/+2 it would solve this problem

Thanks for a really good mod.

@Rusty414

As to whether this should be changed, I don't have an opinion, but. You are correct in thinking this isn't really a 'bug'. Probably better in future to post these sort of things in the general forum for discussion by ALL the Communitas users. That way a wider spectrum of experience and opinion may be brought to bear on this subject.

Thank you though for giving your time to offer an opinion on this matter. It all helps.:)

There are a number of odd things with improvement yields, they really need a full pass.

I would suggest:
Farm: +1 food, +1 food with freshwater from civil service, +1 food from non-freshwater from fertilizer.
Mine: +1 production, +1 production with freshwater with metal casting, +1 production from non-freshwater with dynamite.
Lumbermill: +1 production, +1 production with freshwater with machinery, +1 production from non-freshwater with steam power.
Village: +1 gold, +1 gold with freshwater with optics, +1 gold with nonfreshwater with economics.
Pasture: +1 food, +1 food with freshwater with civil service, +1 food with nonfreshwater with fertilizer.
Plantation: +1 gold, +1 gold with freshwater with guilds, +1 gold with nonfreshwater with fertilizer.
Camp: +1 gold, +1 gold with freshwater with compass (?), +1 gold with nonfreshwater with steam power
Academy: +4 science, +2 science with philosophy, +2 science with education, +2 science with scientific theory, +2 science with atomic theory.
Customhouse: +4 gold, +2 gold with mathematics (or currency), +2 gold with guilds, +2 gold with or economics, +2 gold with electronics.
Manufactory: +4 production, +2 production with iron working, +2 production with machinery, +2 production with industrialization (or steam power), +2 production with replaceable parts (or combustion).

I know there is a problem with how many yield increases can be displayed on a tech in the tree tree, but I think not displaying the bonus on that screen is a smaller problem than not having the bonuses well spread.

It doesn't make sense having much larger yield increases for some improvements than others.

Top Bottom