Fall Further - The Original Thread

Not sure if this file was affected by the database hack-job, but keep trying or wait for Vehem to re-upload. I did get the latest file yesterday, but Thunderfall had to used an archived database so stuff from yesterday might be gone.

Seems to be working ok now - though I did notice the server was having an issue or two last night.

The mod is actually hosted off-site anyway (slightly too big for the 10MB limit) and just linked to through the FileDB. If the normal link isn't working for you still, try the following one.

Direct Link to FFH directory
At the moment, you'd want FFH2030k-FF012.zip.

(in case anyone browses the site itself, it belongs to my flat-mate - I've just borrowed a little bandwidth and his automated backups)

btw vehem i have same problem at home, not at job though
New links are not working for me at home as well

btw vehem i have same problem at home, not at job though
New links are not working for me at home as well

Going to have Graham check on the firewall logs - there shouldn't be a problem there but he did update something on Friday night.

Other than that, I'm really not sure - I can download it fine from here, if you're having trouble can you find your IP address (What's my IP) and send me a PM with it, along with the time/timezone you tried to download from - I'll check the logs to see what's happening.

Going to have Graham check on the firewall logs - there shouldn't be a problem there but he did update something on Friday night.

Other than that, I'm really not sure - I can download it fine from here, if you're having trouble can you find your IP address (What's my IP) and send me a PM with it, along with the time/timezone you tried to download from - I'll check the logs to see what's happening.

That might have sorted it - it seems that the "Invalid IP" table the firewall used had somehow gained IP ranges used by certain ISPs (notably Telestra and some others). It was flagging quite a few requests as being "MARTIAN" - i.e. coming from somewhere it shouldn't be.

The "MARTIAN" scanners are off for now - try downloading again.

All sorted

As I write this - file is downloading. Thanks Vehem

Must have been the Telstra thing

yeah, thnx working now, cause with previous version i needed to download it on my job and resend it via my mail :p
now thats fixed

Ok played this night it alot, great job balancing races . Thnx Vehem.
As i see Archos they are very powerfull with FoL.
1. Build huntsmans, convert to FoL.
2. animals always attack, with 1 more power you have much more great chances, get woodsman and combat promos.
3. Get subdue animal.
4. Get more and more animals.
5. Tech further, SE hardcore with guardian of Nature.
6. Recluses + spiders. Small spiders are meat (you want to lose them to get biigger ones - so pattern attackign wioth spider, and then kill with recluse, if your recluse odds less than 97% at start)
7. Bronze working is totally unneeded tech, though you can get it for brutes, but for me - recluses is a way.
8. Nodes : chaos & nature as much as possible. At least 2 of each + your starting 1 + 1. Start with 1 type till you have 3 of it (it will level your Harsupexs later to lvl 2 instantly), and then move to second type.
9. Obvious to say that for getting your capital to size 15 and above Guardian of Nature should be adopted as soon as possible + try to trade around all food resources from trading with other civs, in this case they are vital .
10. Get Nature Revolt. (Huh Archos are most preffered race to build it now, the benefit is huge - being barbarian you all back to back with barbarian state, and you have it visible, and acessible, gathering all animals to your side is very very easy job here, and after that all animals collected to your side, you can throw them on barbarian state and get rest of cities/units out) Go to friendly barb lands and get all his animals with your mega units. Get more XP as well
In plan:

11. Tech to Harsupexs, Mother + old lvl 8 recluses, upgraded to Harsupexs. With combat 5 all treants and pit beasts will get empower 5 promos. With huge affinities and all that old promos harsupex become just very very powerfull, hero like units.

Updated to 012 - mostly to include Woodelf/Windelay's excellent building art for the new wonders and palaces. Also included are the balance changes discussed earlier in this thread and a fix for a potential CtD.

Version 012 - Artwork added and balance changes
1. Meskwaki - Tech Prereq moved to Arcane Lore. 2nd Tech Prereq at Warfare.
2. Archos Immortals - Made unique, combat strength partially poison damage, first strikes added for additional limbs.
3. Dural Statues - costs rebalanced to better reflect their usefulness and level.
4. Archos Spiderkin - Get their "Subdue Beasts" back.
5. Chislev Early Game - Ancient chants as a starting tech and the Tribal Council receives it's missing beaker.
6. Dural Statues - Building Artwork by Woodelf and Windelay
7. Archos, Dural and Chislev Palaces - Building Artwork by Woodelf and Windelay
8. Fixed CtD caused by building Archos Chosen.

Where is this patch? Not in the first few posts.

Or, do we have to download the mod again and apply?

Also, does it break save games?

Thank you.

:yup: Not a patch, but a new d/l that overwrites what Vehem has done before.

Where is this patch? Not in the first few posts.

Or, do we have to download the mod again and apply?

Also, does it break save games?

Thank you.

Version 012 is the new one - it was a sufficient change that I decided it warranted a new revision number. I tend to only use patches for very minor updates.

On the plus side - the whole mod is actually 6Mb smaller than the current FfH patch, so it's not a huge ordeal :)

I believe that the addition of the Archos Immortals as unique units will be enough to break save games, or at the very least cause some odd behaviour. The other changes would probably have been ok.

Just to get everyone re-energized...Vehem has done a magnificent job incorporating the 2 lizzie civs into this mod. They are a joy to play and a PITA to play against. :goodjob:

Sorry to say the CTDs I mentioned twice previously in this thread continue. Now I am playing as Mahala, but the Archos and Duval are in the game as AI civs.

I had a similar problem with the Champion/MaceMan code that was messed up in FFH2. When that was fixed, no CTDs, but they seem to have returned in the late-game since I installed your mod.

Again, I get the crash, reload my last saved game (I save every turn) and it loads. I can play for awhile until another CTD.

I hate to ask, but what is the best way to uninstall your mod now that I have used your Assets folder to overlay the Assets in FFH2? Should I delete and reinstall FFH2, media pack and patch k?

Thank you.

Sorry to say the CTDs I mentioned twice previously in this thread continue. Now I am playing as Mahala, but the Archos and Duval are in the game as AI civs.

I had a similar problem with the Champion/MaceMan code that was messed up in FFH2. When that was fixed, no CTDs, but they seem to have returned in the late-game since I installed your mod.

Again, I get the crash, reload my last saved game (I save every turn) and it loads. I can play for awhile until another CTD.

I hate to ask, but what is the best way to uninstall your mod now that I have used your Assets folder to overlay the Assets in FFH2? Should I delete and reinstall FFH2, media pack and patch k?

Thank you.

Did you get the 012 update installed in the end? One of the things that dealt with was a potential CtD to do with the Archos Chosen (which was similar to the Champion/Maceman issue I believe).

If there's anyone else having a similar issue, can you please try a custom-game with just 1 of the new Civilizations (and the others selected from the old set), preferably the Archos and the Dural and see if the problem occurs again. Also, I could use any feedback regarding games using Fall Further that do not include any of the new civs - I'd like to track this one down but it's not easily reproducible as it is resolved after reloading an auto-save.

I've uploaded the public-release for the Mazatl and Cualli (Lizardman civs) as version 020. It's linked to from the intro posts in the usual place, or directly here.

:goodjob: I'm eagerly looking forward to gettng home from work to try out these lizzies. I have really enjoyed the Dural so far but haven't had a chance to try the Archos or Chiselev. Thanks for all the work you have put in so far!

And in time honoured tradition, I need to patch my mod within the first 12 hours :mischief:

Minor fix, but the Bannor were able to get the Lizard-only tech "Swampdwelling" - legacy code from when I first wrote the swamp/wetland mechanic. Never noticed it during testing as we were all looking at the lizards. Only a single file in the Patch, but I've left the directory structure intact so you just need to drop the Assets folder over FFH's as normal.

just a little review of a couple of things i think need fixing:

The Mazatl world spell is a real anti climax. what exactly does the cult of the wyvern do? does it only build that wonder? if so why dont you just make that wonder buildable as normal for the mazatl and give them something more impressive as a world spell.

i think if the worldspell created a 'great egg' equipment in every city with a wyvern temple (forge tthe exact name), which, when the wyvern was destroyed would turn back into him after a few turns of 'incubation'. this effectively gives their hero a limited number of multiple lives and follows the fluff that the mazatl worship this wyvern something chronic.

another little niggle is that the cualli cant adjust their swampland/wetland sperad with thier laborers. and so i ended up haveing several resources that i could not utilise as the swampland spread to them before i could improve them. so i was forced to research sun mana to fix that (to remove the swampland), which goes against their play style imoh.

another little niggle is that the cualli cant adjust their swampland/wetland sperad with thier laborers. and so i ended up haveing several resources that i could not utilise as the swampland spread to them before i could improve them. so i was forced to research sun mana to fix that (to remove the swampland), which goes against their play style imoh.

Vehem - did you forget to put that fix into this release?

Top Bottom