Has this game been delayed till July 7th?

bernie77

Chieftain
I read in their site that it has been delayed until the 7th of July. Is this true??

I read in their site that it has been delayed until the 7th of July. Is this true??

yes, this is true.

in Europe, the Civilization Revolution will come out beginning June 6th for the 360 and PS3.

in North America, the game will come out beginning July 8th on all three platforms including DS.

Europe will receive the DS version at the same time.

I have an official thread going on the 2K forums, but I'll also pop in over here so I can answer any questions you have about this.

We're going to be having a whole host of tournaments and giveaways and contests around the demo during the month of June in North America, and will have some gift with purchases available here, too, in July.

Does anyone know exactly why it's being delayed?

Sure, I know that they're making use of the extra time to make the launch a 'more awesome' affair. But could that be an indication that they aren't too confident about the demand for the game, in the U.S and Canada?

It could be that they expect demand to exceed supply and by delaying it in one area by a month they have more time to create a larger supply to meet the demand.

Why does Europe get it first? That makes no sense. I see no reason to have different release dates in this day and age when the world is so connected.

It could be that they expect demand to exceed supply and by delaying it in one area by a month they have more time to create a larger supply to meet the demand.

That's a very good point. The original release date also fell just after that of Ninja Gaiden II. So maybe that was a factor, as well.

Look, I'm as big a Civ fan as anyone alive, but come on. This game is not going to be such a hot commodity that there will be a supply shortage. While I don't doubt that there's an excellent reason for the delay, this definitely isn't it.

Nice that Europe gets a game first for a change. :)

Look, I'm as big a Civ fan as anyone alive, but come on. This game is not going to be such a hot commodity that there will be a supply shortage. While I don't doubt that there's an excellent reason for the delay, this definitely isn't it.

I'm not saying it is the reason, I'm saying it's possible it's the reason.

Demand can exceed supply for various reasons. Sometimes it's because demand is greater then your originally predicted, sometimes because your supply falls short of your original expectations. There's a variety of reasons why both can occur, and sometimes both occur.

Therefore, unless you actually know why the game is being delayed, supply and demand is as good as explanation as any other.

This is not the first time Europe has gotten a game first - Beyond the Sword came out in the US last, after every other country in the world. This is a clear indication the 2K is favoring Europe. Note that Civ 4 Complete is also available in Europe but not in the US (and it will probably never be). The US is becoming a second class citizen in the gaming world.

This is not the first time Europe has gotten a game first - Beyond the Sword came out in the US last, after every other country in the world. This is a clear indication the 2K is favoring Europe. Note that Civ 4 Complete is also available in Europe but not in the US (and it will probably never be). The US is becoming a second class citizen in the gaming world.

Australia doesn't get Super Smash Bros Brawl until June, don't even have a release date for Rock Band, and on top of that we have to pay twice as much as the US for games. You don't realise how good you've got it most of the time.

If we want it before its released here, can't we just order it from a store in a European country?

yes... but theres a chance it would be similar to dvds and videos and not work on american consoles, only a chance thou8gh,l becasue i really have no idea.

That's ridiculous. As another poster said up above for most games the US gets it first because of all the time it takes to translate into the different languages for Europe. Civ has been the exception, not the rule.

I think the reason for it is they want close to E3, and hope to build some more hype for it at E3.

Top Bottom