Anyone still playing Civ4Col?

If you have more than 2-3 cities, moving goods around in wagon trains and ships soon becomes tedious. Trade routes don't help much either.

I think you're actually mentioning the single biggest improvement - possibly the only one.

The only reason I bought the game is because of my miserable failures in getting the old game to run on new computers. It is definitely different than Col I. I for one enjoy the challenge, you have to start thinking strategically from the get go or defeat is a certainty.

Oh, and for those comparing things to Civ - stop please, entirely different game.

I've slowed down considerably, but I'll give it a try again after the patch comes out. My limited free time has been used to take Colonization 2 assets and mod them into Civ4. :)

Öjevind Lång;7805568 said:
That sounds interesting. Please elaborate. :)

You can add Colonization leaderheads, buildings, units, civilizations, etc. into Civ4 because they use the same game engine and graphics. Other modders have taken it to the extreme, adding every last thing they could find, but I've taken a slightly more moderate approach, adding new stuff in, testing for balance, and the like. It takes some time. I'm also doing a lot of Civ4-specific stuff, like random events.

I presume you can do the opposite--so, if you wanted to add the Mayans into Colonization, you could probably take Pacal II's graphics and stick him in. I've seen other players adding in more European leaderheads, like the Portuguese, using Civ4 graphics.

My first Sid game was Silent service on C64 a while back.... I just try Colonization 2 this week and I think a few things would make it more Interesting and lively.

First of all, the time pass too fast. Dont have time to enjoy the colony life like interracting with Natives, waging war to other colonial nations and develop a working economy. I think most fun in that game is the colonisation aspect and unfortunately its accessory to the independance side.

Top Bottom