Dawn of Colonization Sign-Ups

Wait, can there even be schisms yet? I thought they were supposed to be in game.

Yes.

And I should mention that starting a schism does have negative effects on your RR right out the gate as well as your neighbors.

What does this mean?

Does it mean each army costs $2
Does it mean each army costs $(2 divided by population of the nation)
Does it mean each army costs $(2 per population of current army)

Also, any upkeep costs?

Armies cost $2 and one pop. No unkeep costs.

Ok. I will delete Vader and Tom.

Zimbabwe

Government: Monarchy
Religion: Islam (Malaccan)
Claims:

More to come!

Principality of Catalonia
Spoiler Flag :

Capital: Barcelona (red strips)
Spoiler Map :

Government: Pactist monarchy, the monarch holds the title of "Prince of Catalonia" and needs the approval of the Courts to carry out military actions and establish new taxes.

Religion: Catharism

King: Jaume IV of Urgell and Barcelona.
Spoiler History :
History: During the reign of King Joan (John) II of Trastámara, civil wars erupted in Navarre. Soon after it was pacified, a much greater revolt took place in Catalonia. The revolted people took the city of Girona, where the Queen and the Prince had been seeking refuge. They were both killed, and the king died without direct descendants during this war. With such a view, the Aragonese nobles revolted, seceding, and Catalonia appointed Jaume IV d’Urgell as the new king, which was refused by Valencian and Balearic peoples.

So Catalonia, in the end, became a particular entity. Keeping intact its traditions and institutions, it became the Principality of Catalonia in 1479, after 7 years of inter-territorial disputes, border skirmishes and peace talks, Jaume IV d’Urgell was crowned Prince of Catalonia. Soon, great works were made. The Parliament approved a series of expenses to be invested in the building of the new shipyards of the city of Barcelona, which was and would continue to be the main focus of economic activity in the country.

In 1486, after 7 years of works, the shipyards had been built. New fleets of merchant ships sailed the Mediterranean, setting commercial enclaves and restoring old one, all along the southern coast. The wars against Islam had been fought and won in the 13th Century, and there were no reasons for fighting anymore. The rich ports of Alexandria and Tripoli were the first Muslim cities to see the Catalan Sea Consulates. But not only that; Catalonia is a buffer zone between Aragon and France, and vice versa. A country to be crossed by merchants from Castille and Aragon and Valencia heading for France. So the Catalan network of Sea Consulates in the most important ports of the Mediterranean was extended inland in France, Aragon, Castille, and beyond.

In the year of our Lord of 1475, Jaume IV converted to Catharism. This created great discussion among the populace, who were about to rise in arms when the situation was most critical. But some Occitan predicators came, and Catalan poets who knew and were Cathars themselves spread the word of Catharism though their rants and raves and hymns and songs, and although the Generality was now reticent towards him, there were no more legitimate candidates to the throne. After his enthronization, Jaume declared Catharism the state religion, although he also gave the people freedom of religion. The vaults were nigh empty and the army was low on morale, and this measure avoided another uprising. Still, only 25% of the people are Cathars.

Jaume IV started his reign with this proclaim, and he ordered new levies raised and new expenses. But the pactist Catalan system objected. The army was left as a symbolic institution, although several units were trained among the people who would remain idle until an exterior threat made the need of an army imperative. Taxes were lowered and, in fact, the Catholic church was deprived of its rights on the peasants crops and of most of the terrains, which passed to jurisdiction of the local magistrate, who was to administrate them properly according to the wishes of the people and of His Majesty the Prince. New lands covered in woods were converted into farming fields, and the wood went to Barcelona, to become ships and galleys.

Thus, the Principality of Catalonia arrives to the new century with a growing economy and thriving society. The Royal Chancellery, tasked with writing administrative papers, has created the standard norms of Catalan, and a new brand of ships has been built in the shipyards in the past few years that mat lead the country beyond any borders encountered before, following the Portuguese.

The Kingdom of Egypt
Spoiler :

Religion: Islam (Malaccan)
Spoiler :

I think somebody may have already put their nation there, though I may be incorrect. Just letting you know. If it wasn't right smack there, t'was close...

I think that person was me :p

I think somebody may have already put their nation there, though I may be incorrect. Just letting you know. If it wasn't right smack there, t'was close...

No, he was already there. He's just posting a nation post for an earlier map he posted.

I know, an easy mistake to make. It just made me giggle a little :p

Okay, after a quick reread of the rules, I have a few questions.

1) Are all tiles in the old world non-colonies, or do the become colonies?
2) Are there any benefits associated with annexing colonies?
3) The Inquisition does the same thing as missionaries, but are cheaper and increase the RR. Is that correct?
4) I'm asking a lot of questions, aren't I? :p

Yeah I was wondering the same about old world oversea claims. If I claimed denmark for example, I don't think that can be logically called a colony.

Okay, after a quick reread of the rules, I have a few questions.

1) Are all tiles in the old world non-colonies, or do the become colonies?
2) Are there any benefits associated with annexing colonies?
3) The Inquisition does the same thing as missionaries, but are cheaper and increase the RR. Is that correct?
4) I'm asking a lot of questions, aren't I? :p

1.) If it doesn't connect to your five core territories, it is a colony unless annexed.
2.) Direct tax=more money to you
3.) Yep.
4.) Nope.

Yeah I was wondering the same about old world oversea claims. If I claimed denmark for example, I don't think that can be logically called a colony.

It would be a colony but you can annex it with little RR penalty. (sorta like Irish->England)

Hmmm...this reminds me of a NES. Maybe I will give playing a try. I will probably choose the Canton area.

Beside the location map, what's needed?

How do turns take place?
In what form are orders "sent"?
Are there standard stats?

I'm sure i will have more questions after reading the rules.

Some info on the Schismatic religion of Oriental Catholicism, for those that are curious:

The Holy, Catholic, Apostolic Church of the Orient (AKA: Oriental Catholic Church)

Spoiler :
Essential Tenants:

1. There is only one God, who has become commonly known as "The Dagha" which is an acceptable name of the deity, however, the divine liturgy uses the names used in the Old Testament. However, "The Dagha" is the common name, derived from Celto-Catholicism.

2. This God is in three separate persons (The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) as Christianity IRL has it.

3. Lugha was never a god, however, he is a saint, and along with the virgin Mary and John the Baptist, is commonly regarded as one of the three sinless humans to live (Unlike Jesus, however, none of these mens' sinlessness is undisputed in the Church.) While Lugha is not a God, he is sometimes prayed to during times of war, like other saints, he's the patron saint of warfare.

4. The Holy Eucharist, when given in proper context by a priest in the Oriental Catholic Church, becomes... (Insert Transubstantiation here.) We do not believe this occurs in the Celto-Catholic Church, or any other Church, save the Church of God, the Oriental Catholic Church.

5. We believe that the Holy Bible is divinely inspired and completely true, however some of it (Like Xu Kong I killing a dragon) is legend designed to teach a truth. We believe that the earliest Apostles did not have all the information on how to run a Church. Therefore, we believe that, in addition to the Bible, Holy Tradition and the Word of the Pope are also considered to be perfect truth.

6. Epic legends such as the Lifetime of Saint Lugha are read in the Liturgy as equal to Scripture; the Biblical canon did not end with Revelation.

7. The Unbelievers will suffer eternally in Hell, while the faithful Oriental Catholics who refrain from sin and go to confession for the sins they fall into shall be received into the Hall of Saints and eternal glory in Heaven. The status of the Celto-Catholic Church is somewhat unclear. Some theologians believe they may be saved, others do not. The Pope has not made an infallible ruling.

Other than the above, the Church follows the same teachings as the Celto-Catholics. Needless to say, antitritheism is the main difference between the Churches. Also, the Celto-Catholics completely forgot the third person of the Trinity:p

It's nice to see you here BJ. :)

I'm not the GM, but I will attempt to answer some of the questions that you have asked.

At a bare minimum? Country name, whether you are a Monarchy or a Republic and if you have a religion and what it is. For simpler IOTs you'd only need the country name. However, most people do some history of their nation, leader name, other interesting roleplay associated with their nation.

How do turns take place?

The GM will usually wait for orders, give a warning when they're about to lock orders, then they'll lock the orders and not accept any more orders. Shortly after, they'll post the update and a new turn will start. However, it takes ages to update an IOT in my experience, so you'll have plenty of time to submit orders. Speaking of which...

Usually in the thread, however most GMs will accept PMs for orders, unless there is something in the rules prohibiting that.

In this game? Yes. I can't think of them all off the top of my head for this game, so I would read the rules again if you want to know more about that. However, I can give you generic advice about what stats most games use.

Most games use IPs or Gold or Dollars or something to that effect. They are produced from provinces, each one giving a certain amount. In the simpler games they are used to build soldiers and infrastructure.

Soldiers cost an amount of IPs/Gold/Dollars and they attack other nations. Sometimes they are used for claiming neutral provinces.

Another thing that is fairly common is infrastructure. Invest in infrastructure, you get more IPs/Gold/Dollars per turn.

This game is more complex than that, however I think you get the gist.

I'm sure you will. :)

1.) If it doesn't connect to your five core territories, it is a colony unless annexed.

So what if it connects to one of the tiles connecting to my five core territories? Is it a colony or annexed?

It doesn't matter either way, no matter what happens Russia will be annexed under my rule.

Hmmm...this reminds me of a NES. Maybe I will give playing a try. I will probably choose the Canton area.

How do turns take place?

1.) Government (Republic or Monarchy) and State Religion (if you have one)
2.) Update intervals for this game will be variable by usually should be somewhere between 48 and 96 hours.
3.) Orders can either be posted in thread or in a PM. The bare format for orders are.

Nation Name (Income)
Spending
Spending
Other stuff (such as changing the tax rate or state religion)

Diplomatic actions such as forming alliances and NAPs don't have to be posted in thread but they make the alliances or NAPs slightly more binding RevoltRisk wise.

4.) There will be standard stats showing, off the top of my head, religious makeup of nations, techs, military, revoltrisk, and economy.

So what if it connects to one of the tiles connecting to my five core territories? Is it a colony or annexed?

It doesn't matter either way, no matter what happens Russia will be annexed under my rule.

It is annexed.

Top Bottom