In The Trenches

dacubz145

Deity

Download
Finally, a working beautiful mod that focuses on the Great War!

Mod comes with many features
-Three August 1914 scenarios, allowing to pick between restricted wars, heavy and regular
-23 Civilizations, each with a unique Leader
-Beautiful Europe + North American map
-New tech tree spanning from 1914 to 1920
-Beautiful Historical Accuracy
-40 New Unit Classes
-50 Unique Units
-24 New Building Classes
-Several New Wonders
-Unique UnitStyles for 13 Civilizations

Civilizations
Spoiler :
Germany
Austria Hungary
Ottoman Empire
France
United Kingdom
Russia
United States
Serbia
Italy
Belgium
Bulgaria
Romania
Netherlands
portugal
Spain
Switzerland
Albania
Montenegro
Denmark
Norway
Sweden
Greece
Mexico
Cuba

Historical Accuracy
Spoiler :
-Majority of cities have exactly the population value they would of had in 1914. Found statistics for 90% of the cities, made educated guess for the other 10%
-Army sizes are 100% accurate for all civilizations. Each infantry represents 20,000 troops in standing armies and reserves. Ex. US has 10 infantry troops representing their 200,000 army size
-Navys are as accurate as I could be. Every ship for all the navies is in the scenario, even down to torpedo boats for Greece.
*This applies to the Heavy version only. In the typical 1914 or the regular navies are cut to 1/5 realistic size (for speed purposes) but remain accurate ratios
-Flags are 100% accurate to the time period, even the minuscule changes between the older and modern flags were observed.
-Colors for the civilization match the color on the flags of the time period, down to the .01

Screenshots
Spoiler :
United States

English Channel

Eastern Front

Germany

Eastern Mediterranean

Western Mediterranean

13 Unit Styles

Updates
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
-Added another scenario
-Added Unique Units
-

To do
Spoiler :
-Improve Economy
-Add Unique Units
-Add art for the gas warfare
-Alter relations
-Add a lite, quicker version
-Improve some buttons
-Add several new buildings, units and promotions

Reserved
Spoiler :
German:
-Avisos
-Unprotected Cruisers
-Minelaying Cruisers
-Coastal Defense Ships
GB
-Seaplane Carrier
-Corvettes and Sloops
-Scout Cruiser
AH
-Fast Cruiser
Russia
-Torpedo Cruiser
-Nonprotective, Auxiliary
US
-Scout Cruisers (chester class)
Italy
-Scout Cruisers
Sweden
-Torpedo Cruisers (Ornen Class)

Spoiler :
-Removed New Clouds - Saved about 300kb

Does this mean that original 1914 scenario has been abandoned? Huge amount of work detected there :) If only one at least had a scroll bar to contact Great Powers on the top...

What is the approximate timeline? I wanted to start a PBEM game with original (or improved) 1914 scenario, but sheer number of units looked intimidating. I can only imagine how AI handles all that Grand Fleet.

Yes the naval units are very intimidating, I am putting in them now, and there are literally hundreds...and thats only for the UK....

Current plan is to finish the scenario, then create a lite version where it is not as accurate but will play faster (remove a lot of cities...cut units down dramatically, mostly naval)

The scenario will starts beginning of August 1914 and the tech tree stretches basically the whole war

@Stolenrays, I've been meaning to ask, anyway you can combine a couple small C++ components for me for this mod?

The scenario seems to crash after the first turn

I would double check the Civics in the scenario. I think that they are reviewed after the first turn.

I gotta look into what I want, theres no rush

Hey any chance you can make me a debug dll for 50 civs? The scenario seems to crash after the first turn

Fix the crash and make the civ relations and the mod is pretty good to go

Is that the only dll you have in your mod?

Top Bottom