Minor Bug

zmflavius

Chieftain
Hi, in case anyone still uses this mod, just today, after a break of quite a long time, I booted up Planetfall once again, but found to my surprise that the green and red symbols for "planet health" (don't remember the actual name, courtesy of not having played for several months), did not appear on my flowering counter or in the datalinks (ie, in the description for Biology Lab).

Is there a reason for this happening?

A problem with the installation maybe?

I don't think that can be the issue, the thing is, what happened was that I installed it like years ago, and played it back then, took a break from Civ (without uninstalling planetfall) of several months ago, before resuming now. But only now do I see this bug.

Hm, screenshot maybe?

I've uploaded screenshots showing the relevant portions below.

I mean, of course, this doesn't have any gameplay effect, I can figure out what it means by looking at it, it just annoys me and I have a suspicion there might be some other problems lurking as well.

Attachments

• Image2.png
    Image2.png
    136.8 KB · Views: 280
  • Image4.png
    Image4.png
    94 KB · Views: 227
Huh, this is strange. Perhaps some graphics file got messed up?

Yeah, that's my guess. I uninstalled and then re-downloaded and re-installed, but it didn't fix itself.

Well, since it's not gameplay breaking, I suppose it's not a huge issue.

Just for the record, I reinstalled Planetfall after a long pause as well again and I'm affected by this issue as well.

EDIT: I suspectthis is something font-related, as in the datalinks, after each instance where those symbols are used the text is "disturbed" as well, getting big and white for the rest of the line. Maybe somehow related to running the game on Steam and/or a newer OS?

Just for the record, I reinstalled Planetfall after a long pause as well again and I'm affected by this issue as well.

EDIT: I suspectthis is something font-related, as in the datalinks, after each instance where those symbols are used the text is "disturbed" as well, getting big and white for the rest of the line. Maybe somehow related to running the game on Steam and/or a newer OS?

I doubt it's OS, at least, since I've been running Windows 7 the entire time. I do run Civ 4 on steam though, perhaps that's it.

Top Bottom