Ships, Native Chiefs and the AI

Pfeffersack

Deity
- Must "Speak to Chief" before being able to trade with natives
- Ship can "Speak to Chief"

I always loved those changes in AoD II from an atmospherical point of view...however, can it be that the AI has absolutely no clue about this rules? I started a game in cheat mode with visible map and watched the AI and two things frequently happened:

1. AI ships passed through native settlements still untouched by Europeans without using the chance to "Speak to Chief" (I checked by sailing in right after with my own ship and got a reward for being the first European contact)
2. Other ships even had Muskets loade, sail straight to natiev settlements...and didn't sell them. Also, they again did not use their chance to "Speak to Chief"

This would mean that the AI is seriously in disadvanatge in terms of native trading up to the point that they have visited the coastal settlements with Scouts.

Maybe it has something to to with the unit startegy the Ai assigns to ships - I only saw "AI_Transport" here. I experimented with the wB and giving them ones with "AI_Scout"-strategy, but they didn't seem to be able to use them at all.

Top Bottom