Quick Questions and Answers

Which map type is the best for a dido playthrough? (so lots of sea resources). Im a bit bored of continents and pangeae. Dont really like archipelago though

probably another stupid question, but where do you find the craddle of civ maps? the steam page says you can edit them. I wanna make carthago start in north africa

(also, can you use these maps in MP?)

probably another stupid question, but where do you find the craddle of civ maps? the steam page says you can edit them. I wanna make carthago start in north africa

(also, can you use these maps in MP?)

Browse through the sub-folders in your steam install directory, starting in "...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets". You should find various "maps" folders containing the scripts from the base game and different expansions. As far as I know any of the .lua scripts are usable in multiplayer. As far as I know you can't use anything with a .Civ5Map extension though, so your edited North Africa map would be single player only. That would count as a scenario/mod and as such is unsupported for multiplayer.

Ok thanks. now i just have to figure out how i get Carthage on the north africa shore, cause i can only select random player/city state. ill have to do a bit of reading on it

Its been a while since i played Civ V, so osrry for the many questions. I've got one more:

Does using a Great artist for a golden age increases the treshold for "normal" (happines) golden ages? Cause if this is the case, it might be wiser to save your great artist untill a normal golden age appears

Hi !
Sorry for my English

I downloaded the World Builder from the Steam and I could use it. It wasn't easy, there were many errors.

Eventually I managed to change the small earth map, I set the starting positons are according to the real history of the Earth. I marked out locations of the 1 warrior and 1 settler from 12 empire in BC 4000, and I quartered place of 11 city-states. However when I launch the game and I select my new map, the starting locations of the civilizations and the city-states are randomized, they don't follow the places of my saved map.
I am sorry for the long question but I didn't found general discussion topic concerning Civ5 WorldBuilder.

Its been a while since i played Civ V, so osrry for the many questions. I've got one more:

Does using a Great artist for a golden age increases the treshold for "normal" (happines) golden ages? Cause if this is the case, it might be wiser to save your great artist untill a normal golden age appears

No, great person golden ages never increase your happiness "bucket" for golden ages. While you're in the golden age the bucket level remains unchanged, and will resume from its previous count when the golden age ends.

Hello

I adjusted the MIN_CITY_RANGE in the Global defines, the value is 0. It was ok. However I found the problem when I installed Gods and king. I can't build a city within 4 tiles of another city. Why ? I checked Global defines, the value is not changed, this is 0.

So it worked in vanilla, and then broke when you installed G&K?

If you didn't make the change in the G&K version of GlobalDefines.xml (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\DLC\Expansion\Gameplay\XML\GlobalDefines.xml), you will need to do so.

probably the answer is unknown, but ill ask anyway.

So i tried fiddling around with the world buildr, to get a sort of historical medittaranean (like carthage, rome,spain, byzantium, ottomans and greece o the right places). but it proved too much hassle for my limited modding skills, cause you also hav the citystates and so on. Im quite surprised nobody made a meditteranean map with historical start positions in the workshop (thee is only one, but it isnt highly rated, and it seems its still a work in progress)

When i selected carthage and meditteranean, after a few retries, i landed on the historical carthage spot. Will the game (after an x amount of tries), land me on the byzantium/constantinople spot?

How does aesthetics appear to work ? I chose aesthetics but there's no change in city state statuses...

While you're in the golden age the bucket level remains unchanged, and will resume from its previous count when the golden age ends.
It used to be like this, but the counter now continues during a golden age.
How does aesthetics appear to work ? I chose aesthetics but there's no change in city state statuses...
The War Academy article says that your influence now gradually will start to rise to the new resting point. Perhaps you expected to get 20 points at once?

If I am on turn 29 of a research agreement and I complete the porcelain tower, do I get the full 50% on the next turn or do I need it for the full 30 turns to get the maximum benefit?

What's the benefit of trading strategic resources to get them if you do not build related units ? I guess nothing...

Trading, as in trading horses for iron, or gold for iron? If you don't use the iron (or horses, or coal, or whatever), then I would agree that trade has little purpose. There may be some option value in having the strategic available to you in case of an emergency, but not more than that.

Top Bottom