Kruelgor's Huge Earth

Kruelgor

Emperor

Latest Version: Version 5 (newer versions to be released later)

• Huge earth map. Accurately drawn with precision. (Europe, Africa, and Japan enlarged, Pacific Shrunken)

• There are no playable civilizations in the western hemisphere. There are numerous native tribes and an Aztec city state waiting for you there. Brazil city state is also there.

• Capital cities already established in their historical location. (don't forget to click load scenario) :)

• Realistic terrain placement based on real world terrain maps, modified somewhat for balancing purposes.

• Realistic resources meticulously placed based on real world trade export data and maps, modified somewhat for balancing purposes.

• Each civilization has been test played for playability and balancing purposes.

• I like my scenarios to be challenging. Raging barbarians are turned on. As a consequence starting year is 5000bc instead of 4000bc.

• All civilizations except for Greece, Siam, and Mongolia will begin with a warrior and worker. Russia and China begin with two warriors to help ward off Mongol horsemen.

• Greece is the only country that begins with no units because it enjoys the benefit of starting the game with two cities, Pella (the capital of Macedonia) and Athens.

• Siam begins with a settler and warrior, and a capital city of course.

• Pacific is full with lots of accurately located islands.

• Default settings set on Epic speed and Prince difficulty level.

• Minor nations: (traditional city states have been replaced)
    Native Americans
    Aztecs
    Congo
    Kazakhstan
    Ethiopia
    Spain
    Ireland
    Sweden
    Finland
    Poland
    Israel
    Tunisia
    South Africa
    Philippines
    Australia
    Indonesia
    Brazil
    Morocco

UPDATES LOG
Version 5:
- changed the world back to wrap-around.
- adjusted native american culture boundary so Europeans can colonize the edge of north america.

Version 4:
- Americans removed.
- Aztecs removed.
- 25 Native American tribes added as a massive "city state" region labeled as Native Americans.
- Aztec city state added.
- Mongols added (begins with animal husbandary & horseback riding technologies, and a horseman)
- Wrap-around has been removed. It is now just a flat earth. This makes it impossible for Japan/Asia to colonize America which is the effect I want.
- Extended cultural boundaries for some city states.

Version 3:
- Enlarged Japan
- Changed Aztec warrior into Jaguar. Gave Aztecs two Jaguars. Previously had just one warrior.
- Fixed strategic resources by increasing output from 1 to higher numbers.
- Added luxury resources to all city states, making them more worthy.
- Removed Siamese worker and replaced him with a settler.
- Created Taiwan as a city state.

Version 2:
- Fixed issue with non-participating city states mysteriously showing up on the map.
- Fixed issue where city states were randomly appearing.

You can download the files in the in-game Mod Browser or download the files attached to this post. You will have to unzip the folder (with files) into "..\< My Games>\Sid Meier's Civilization V\MODS" directory

Attachments

• Kruelgor's Huge Earth (v 5).rar
    29.4 KB · Views: 2,942
If you do not know how to load a scenario:

Download the map/scenario through the in-game mod browser:

> From main menu click on MODS
> Accept
> Browse Mods
> Online
> The file is listed as Kruelgor's Huge Earth. You can use the search feature.
> After you have completed the download and installed it, click on Installed and enable the mod by clicking on the check mark.
> Click back
> Single Player
> Set Up Game
> Map Type: Continents
> Scroll down and select Kruelgor's Huge Earth
> Click Load Scenario IMPORTANT!
> Select your civilization. Have fun! :)

Been playing with the map and wanted to suggest a few things...for now.

1. The African continent seems cut-off half way south, and ends too near the equator. Perhaps extending down more and adding even more city states?

2. England and Japan need to be larger. They seem small in comparison to the rest of the world.

3. Helsinki is placed in Australia? Should be in Europe.

Things I really like are... the northern part of Africa is huge, resources seem fairly accurate throughout the world (need to play more), the new city states are nice, and starting with a worker!

Hey, keep up the good work! Finally, a decent earth map worth watching...

Been playing with the map and wanted to suggest a few things...for now.

1. The African continent seems cut-off half way south, and ends too near the equator. Perhaps extending down more and adding even more city states?

2. England and Japan need to be larger. They seem small in comparison to the rest of the world.

3. Helsinki is placed in Australia? Should be in Europe.

Things I really like are... the northern part of Africa is huge, resources seem fairly accurate throughout the world (need to play more), the new city states are nice, and starting with a worker!

Hey, keep up the good work! Finally, a decent earth map worth watching...

Thanks for trying it out.

Haha. Are you sure you're playing the correct map/scenario? Africa is definitely not cut off half way. Now it is stretched from east-west somewhat to match the enlargement of Europe.

England is already much larger than it should be because all of Europe has been enlarged. Japan is identically equal to what it should be in relation to the rest of the world (except for Europe and Africa).

And if you're seeing Helsinki then you failed to start up the scenario correctly. Make sure you click on LOAD SCENARIO before starting game. There is no Helsinki in this scenario. There is a minor nation called Australia in Australia. No Helsinki. Read the directions above on how to start the scenario.

Haha. Are you sure you're playing the correct map/scenario? Africa is definitely not cut off half way. Now it is stretched from east-west somewhat to match the enlargement of Europe.

England is already much larger than it should be because all of Europe has been enlarged. Japan is identically equal to what it should be in relation to the rest of the world (except for Europe and Africa).

And if you're seeing Helsinki then you failed to start up the scenario correctly. Make sure you click on LOAD SCENARIO before starting game. There is no Helsinki in this scenario. There is a minor nation called Australia in Australia. No Helsinki. Read the directions above on how to start the scenario.

Yep, I'm on the right scenario. Been playing from day one and know how to operate. Perhaps Africa is okay, just looks funny on the minimap. I'm positive Helsinki was on the Northwest coast of Australia. Let me check again. England/Japan seem small because there is room for only one city comfortably. Not using any other mods except "reveal map". I'll play more tonight, trying different clans.

Strange, Helsinki is out of Australia. However, Oslo spawned north of Washington DC. Is this because a Barbarian could have spawned where Oslo is suppose to be? Also, England looks good, just Japan. How about letting the player pick where the city is placed?

Just tried again and got Rio below Aztecs on the north tip of South America, and Dublin just west of Sweden. Still no Oslo or Helsinki though!

Strange, Helsinki is out of Australia. However, Oslo spawned north of Washington DC. Is this because a Barbarian could have spawned where Oslo is suppose to be? Also, England looks good, just Japan. How about letting the player pick where the city is placed?

Again. Alow me to repeat again. You are failing to load the scenario correctly. You are merely loading the map, but failing to load the scenario. Please read the instructions above to learn how to do it.

btw, here's a minimap of the whole world:

Kruelgor's Huge Earth

The Real Earth

You will notice that Europe has stretched in order to enlarge it. As a consequence Africa had to stretch an equal length, otherwise the Mediterranean would look ******ed.

Not sure what's up. I know the scenario box is checked. My map looks just like yours except for the extra city states that keep spawning. I am running the Steam version of the game and have tried many different maps over the last week. Perhaps one is left over and messing with your map? It could be the reveal map mod is causing a graphical error. I'll reveal the map on my own and see what's up. Thanks!

Also, ALL civs are where you wanted them. My first city is created automatically, etc. I'm positive it's the scenario and not just the map.

Also, ALL civs are where you wanted them. My first city is created automatically, etc. I'm positive it's the scenario and not just the map.

Hmmm. Maybe something didn't upload correctly or something. Thanks for the feedback. I'll check into it.

Did you upload it through the mod browser or through the file attachment above?

We'll have to see if anyone else is having the same problem as you. It works fine for me. The only minor nations (city states) you should see are:

Congo
Kazakhstan
Ethiopia
Spain
Ireland
Sweden
Finland
Poland
Israel
Tunisia
South Africa
Philippines
Australia
Indonesia
Brazil
Morocco

Right. I have all those plus two more random city states every game. Strange... Anyone else or did I pick the only Lemon from the tree. Maybe I'm seeing things...:crazyeye:

Right. I have all those plus two more random city states every game. Strange... Anyone else or did I pick the only Lemon from the tree. Maybe I'm seeing things...:crazyeye:

Okay, I think I found the problem possibly. I'll upload a version 2 here soon.

I had two other city states I originally made, but then decided not to use them Athens and Native Americans. That could be screwing it up. I didn't take everything out, but now I will and see if that fixes it.

I also didn't have 'starting points' assigned for the city states thinking just having their cities placed down would be good enough. I'll assign those too.

Okay, I think I found the problem possibly. I'll upload a version 2 here soon.

I had two other city states I originally made, but then decided not to use them Athens and Native Americans. That could be screwing it up. I didn't take everything out, but now I will and see if that fixes it.

I also didn't have 'starting points' assigned for the city states thinking just having their cities placed down would be good enough. I'll assign those too.

Sounds great. I'll try again. Hey, I hope you keep working with this scenario. So far it's the best earth map around.:D

Sounds great. I'll try again. Hey, I hope you keep working with this scenario. So far it's the best earth map around.:D

I appreciate you for your help. I would not have known otherwise, because it's working fine for me for some reason, but hopefully I fixed that.

Yes, I will steadily release new and improved versions over the course of time.

Iroquois have been removed from the game.

Exact reason I'm not downloading it. Your reasons for removing them is complete bull, and yes, I know I can just mod them back in, but its on principle, not that I want to play them or not.

Top Bottom