Polish Winged Hussar

Spoiler :

[url="http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11523&act=down]2.36MB[/url]

Beautiful! And enough to scare any Ottoman invader half to death (the lance or sword did the other half).

Battle of Vienna: Imagine the siege of Minas Tirith... then multiply the number of Rohirim by 10 and give them wings. That was how the siege was lifted.

It looks so great I don't know what to say :)

It sucks... j/k ;)

After years of Civ3, finally a proper Polish Hussar, with real wings and all :)
Great lance->sword transition too. Dobra robota :goodjob:

One more time thank you very much Wyrmshadow, not only for another great unit you are sharing with the civ-community, but also, that this unit has sound files included. :thanx:

Wauw very good unit! :goodjob: But unfortunatly 4 me, my mod starts in the 1930's and I probably can't use this one :(

Curse my inability to speak or read Polish... Guess I should spend more time with my grandma and pick up as much as I can (seeing as how those useless [no adjective properly describes them] at the university canceled the Polish language courses).

With Fire and Sword looks awesome!

Its a good movie I managed to borrow a copy from my polish friend and it had english subtitles. My history professor when I was in university really liked the movie for its historical accurateness.

Hi!

I apologise for answering in this place - my account is too new so I cannot send PMs.

I did see your Winged Hussar and I think it is almost a masterpiece (because of the missing pennant).

Very good work!

If you need background or resources to prepare any Polish units I can easily provide those.

While when it comes to the hussars I guess I have quite a number of them:

c.1610

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/cegorach/?action=view&current=historhusaria1.jpg

c.1635 - in famously dense formation

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/cegorach/?action=view&current=NOWAHUSARIA2.jpg

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/cegorach/?action=view&current=HUSARIA1.jpg

Even if that is a bit outdated (5 years old animations) it is still a great fun, especially with a 70 unit roster for PLC alone.

Thanks for the message!

Cegorach

Witaj.
Sorry but I am no longer making units. Long story.

Yes, I did not include a pennant on the lance because it would have been too much work. I use a completely different program than all the other infantry unit makers, and it operates very differently.

I'm glad you like it because I never liked any other Winged Hussar that was made before. I'm Polish too btw. I was born in Opole Lubelskie.

Witaj.
Sorry but I am no longer making units. Long story.

Too bad, but our loss I guess.

Yes, I did not include a pennant on the lance because it would have been too much work. I use a completely different program than all the other infantry unit makers, and it operates very differently.

Good to know. BTW pennants apparently had some unusual impact.
From a work about napoleonic armies I know that fluttering pennants made some enemies' horses more nervous. How it worked I have no idea.

I'm glad you like it because I never liked any other Winged Hussar that was made before.

Frankly it seems superior to anything made for the CIV mods. I especially like discarting the lance - many people simply don't remember about it. ;)

I'm Polish too btw. I was born in Opole Lubelskie.

Ok. I am from westrn Poland - namely Poznań. :)

What do you know: Gone for a few days and Wyrmshadow has this cutey strung together and uploaded. Has been on the workbench for quite a while for what I know and I didn't expect to get to see it released. Great things come to those who wait and all that, but this is really a go getter! :)

What do you know: Gone for a few days and Wyrmshadow has this cutey strung together and uploaded. Has been on the workbench for quite a while for what I know and I didn't expect to get to see it released. Great things come to those who wait and all that, but this is really a go getter! :)

Dude, check the date. I did it last year.

Top Bottom