Simple Problems

Amogos

P.R.A.S.C.O.
I like the game, but there are some really stupid things that have been missed and I was hoping that a patch could fix it.

1. As far as I know you can't name your capital city :(.

2. There is no "Wait! Just... One.. More... Turn..." button once you've won.

3. The A.I. are biased jerks that almost ONLY attack me on any difficulty :mad:.

4. The A.I. think that after I've rejected them of their stupid offer, the offer is still reasonable once I've killed off their country. And the offer "give us something so you won't kill us".

5. There is no world builder of any kind! This is a travesty :cry::cry::cry:!

Please tell me if these will be or can be fixed.

1. Possible they'll implement a method to change its name in the future.

2. Unlikely. It's part of the whole streamlined approach to make games quicker.

3. Very unlikely to change. The AIs in civ rev are designed to try and prevent the human player from running away with the game. Best/easiest way for them to do this is having the AI very war inclined towards the human (s).

4. See number 3. It comes down to the AI not trying to win for themselves, but trying to prevent the human(s) from winning.

5. Extremely unlikely. World builders and mods are very common in PC games, but not in console games.

1. As far as I know you can't name your capital city :(.

This is good, because it is important to know which city is the capital of the other civ's empires. If there was the option to rename your capital, it would be always correct to choose a random name in multiplayer to obfuscate your capital for your opponents. Granted, if there were another easy way to locate an opponent's capital, then renaming would be fine.

Bah, they could easily remedy that by using an icon next to the name to indicate the capital like in previous Civ.

I demand my capital be named Crudtown.

The A.I. is goofy stupid in this game. They dumbed down diplomacy to the point of idiocy, IMHO. The 'balancing' is solely based upon a very aggressive A.I., but only towards the human player. I really dislike that they basically gutted one of the cooler aspects of the Civ series in not allowing deeper diplomacy. It seems to be a very shallow engine that only gives you black and white options, but never any chance to form alliances or deeper strategies.

The "Just one more turn" option is a no-brainer. Still end the game in 2100 so it's a quick game, but at least give gamers a chance to play on. This has always been a hallmark of Civ, but yet again, they seem to think that console players are too stupid for options.

The "Just one more turn" option is a no-brainer. Still end the game in 2100 so it's a quick game, but at least give gamers a chance to play on. This has always been a hallmark of Civ, but yet again, they seem to think that console players are too stupid for options.

I know we've had THIS discussion in other threads, but I'm glad Im not the only one to think this way. Giving the option to go past victory doesn't change the game AT ALL unless the player chooses to continue! No-brainer, indeed!

Top Bottom