What is your favorite victory type?

Do you prefer:

• Total voters

bonafide11

Worker
What type of victory do you prefer to strive for: Economic, Space, Cultural, or Domination? :king:

My favorite is technological, but I almost never get the chance to put myself in a position to actually get it. I'm pretty sure I've only been to Alpha Centauri four times. :p

Usually I end up with a domination victory since the AI is so aggressive, with monetary coming in second since it's really easy to get in most situations. I do find monetary and cultural kind of boring at times.

If I play a single player game my normal style with no specific goal in mind, I usually end up with cultural victories. I love those wonders and flipping cities!

Domination is too easy and lazy. Economic is cool because at least you have you cities pumping gold so you can rush units or building easily.

Technology is SO HARD to get, I like science alot, but even with over 200 tech per turn, i still haven't won in that field

Domination, well, its easy

Culture is hard also, even with the french it takes a long time

Economics, its to easy my opinion, i not an economic guy and i get there before technology, they need to make 50,000 not 20,000

Technology is SO HARD to get, I like science alot, but even with over 200 tech per turn, i still haven't won in that field

Domination, well, its easy

Culture is hard also, even with the french it takes a long time

Economics, its to easy my opinion, i not an economic guy and i get there before technology, they need to make 50,000 not 20,000

Well I don't know about 50,000, but as someone who voted for Economic victory, I can admit it is pretty easy to get 20,000. Maybe make it 25,000 or 30,000.

btw, once you strart pumping out caravans you can dump them all in a distant city for an insane amount of gold.

3 caravans can be combined into a train for an even bigger bonus. I sent about a dozen caravan trains to a distant island and made a fortune. You can make over 10,000 gold a turn once they arrive on a distant city on another landmass.

What?? There is a space unit?? I have never, ever made it that far - with any of ALL the Civ games.

I like to wipe the suckers out. Domination rules!!!

But if I get bored of that, I do some culture.

Although my son is begging for me to do space...sigh....

To be honest, I love culture victories. I feel like my cities are huge and that I am unstoppable. Its a great feeling.

Domination is a close 2nd though.

Domination is to easy, so I try to dominate on Deity and it gets fun. Unfortunately someone always wins a CHEEP space race victory before I kill them.

Well. Culture is cool. Just flipping cities like crazy is sooo fun. Great defense and then just pumping out GPs and flipping cities is what I like. Sometimes the enemy capital has only 2 tiles to work because it is squeezed in between all the cities that I flipped. That is fun. Then just pumping spy rings on the enemy capital to eat their gold and take their GPs is fun as well...

BTW, Tech is too hard. Takes too much time and even when I focus on a tech victory I usually end up winning domination or economic.

I rush to space race, build my ship, and let it sit in orbit while I line up the other victories. Many wonders help you tech up, so you are on your way to a cultural victory, plus with techs comes production and gold, so economic is in sight, then take a few capitals in the late game to slow down the advanced civs. Now you can choose your victory.

Im pretty good at culture, better than i am at domination.

Im also bad at econamical, realy bad at spending money. :)

I voted cultural just cause it's so easy to pump out defensive units, culture and turtle down and start flipping cities.

I often try to go for a tech win, but like many others I find it takes too long. By the time I'm even close to winning a tech victory, I've won a cultural, economic or domo win without really focusing on them.

Top Bottom