Blue Monkey's Bharata Varsha Bazaar

Especially now that Buddha's Birthday is coming up in Korea. :D
I always wanted Xmas to come more than once a year; now I find out that in the cyber-age we can virtually and legitimately celebrate Buddha's Birthday four times this year! (Two new moons in May+Korean holiday+Japanese holiday).:banana:

Do you have any images of 3d models of any of those structures?
It is easier to work with them :)

Alternatively pics from above and the sides.

Although im sure Ogedei will easily cover them all by himself ;)

I don't personally have any 3d models. The pics on those sites can be grabbed by you as easily as me, and you will better know exactly what you need. At the panorama site you can change the vertical perspective as well as the horizontal.

I made this gate:

Wow!! That's amazing both in terms of how fast you made it and the artistic effort and results! Hopefully you let R8XFT know about this.

Is it possible to post a version of it that can be used in making cities? It would be a great addition to the largest size cities in the later eras that RedAlert is working on, or that others may do in the future. Wow again!!

I made this gate:

Ya Blues right this one is dynomite! [pissed] (sorry havn't used that term in awhile but sitchy warrents and smilie reps it)

This works nicly for idea that adds new facets in the arms face that you have to keep up with called counterseige techs.
Startin with gate and earth walls, then moats and stone wall, balistas and boiling oil and turrets you know the whole evolution is what this work calls

OT Update: I saw 80 people on are workshop right know. Can't help but wonder if artists like you and mod makers like Blue are the reason SO many are droppin by latly, I mean with so many developments going on daily we all need to tune in to whats coming tommorow :)

This post puzzled me:
Do you have any bigger images of torana?
I could try to make one, but it is not very clear from the ones you posted what the specific shapes are.
until I checked and discovered that ImageShack had scaled my images to fit their size limit. :blush: So I've redone all the galleries in those three posts about improvements. They now expand to a larger size (some really, really large) that reveals much more detail. Two (Tanks & Various) include new pictures, and there's a completely new one of pre-Mughal forts. Please take a second look.

Do you have any suggestions about changes? In colour/texture that is.
Can you make it lighter in color, more like the large images I linked to for you? That color of stone is very common in India.

Yes! that shows off the textures/details even better. This may be super picky, but: It looks like there are tiny details just on the limits of what I can see. Indian bas-reliefs are pretty deep, and actually include some figures almost free-standing. Would it be possible to leave the stone as it is, and make the greyish detail slightly darker? Or is it just a regular pattern that I'm reading things that are not there into?

It is not very clear which other indian buildings are needed..

I suspect that ogedei will work on the great Stupa at Sanchi, so there is no reason for me to try that too.
I made a City Improvements list for R8XFT. If you want a list of wonders (Large &/or Small), let me know.

You've already made the Torana (gate) based on the ones at Sanchi. Why don't you give it a try. If you do, I can post closeups of the railing that surrounds the stupa (that the four gates are openings through).

Need some advice, in my mod im using some myths to provide a starting plot, it starts when most civs are starting to develop, India will be the most developed area with the harappan culture in place. And im using the myth of the lost continent of Lemuria, where most or part of the inhabitants of india came from. There's one or more theories that see Aryans and Dravidas as two tribes of Lemuria that were in constant wars with eachother, and when Lemuria sunk they migrated to India and took their wars with them. There's the Aryan invasion theory that says the Aryans were invaders from the north, and there's the other theory thats gaining support (i think) that says the Aryans were indigenous to india and migrated out. I prefer the later one, combined with the Lemuria myth, the Aryans came from Lemuria to India, and later migrated to other areas.

But what about Harappa, should I make them a separate civ or combine them with the Dravidas from south India? Or were they Aryan? Do I make another civ to represent the Aryans? Im thinking of Aryans as some sort of culture group, not a unique civ, should I think of the Dravidas in the same matter?

What about names for civs to represent the two "cultures"? Aryan and Dravidian

Thanks in advance, need to make this decision so i can move on to other areas of the mod.

Top Bottom