The Ancient Mediterranean MOD

TAM for Civ 3 was great, TAM for Civ 4 is not getting the work done on it that it deserves. Please considering expanding the mod team.

edit: Okay can someone give me a little tip. I have BUG (single player) installed and it doesn't work with TAM, for obvious reasons. Is there an easy way to fix that?

edit: Okay can someone give me a little tip. I have BUG (single player) installed and it doesn't work with TAM, for obvious reasons. Is there an easy way to fix that?

Yes, you are correct, the BUG mod wont work with TAM. It would have to be incorporated in some manner to the TAM mod engine. Currently we don't have anyone versed enough to accomplish that task. Hopefully we can pull in some additional modder's with the latest version which is a big step in the right direction.

@ Ambrox, correct me if I assumed wrong, that adding the BUG mod to the engine is beyond your skills. I know they are mine!

Great work tham, i just played this again after almost 2 years. Some good progress has been made, and woo Greek Fire :D

Yes, you are correct, the BUG mod wont work with TAM. It would have to be incorporated in some manner to the TAM mod engine. Currently we don't have anyone versed enough to accomplish that task. Hopefully we can pull in some additional modder's with the latest version which is a big step in the right direction.

@ Ambrox, correct me if I assumed wrong, that adding the BUG mod to the engine is beyond your skills. I know they are mine!

It turns out going to TAM's .ini file and turning custom assets = 1 will fix it.

It turns out going to TAM's .ini file and turning custom assets = 1 will fix it.

Wow, that was too easy. Thanks for posting. Sometimes things arent as complicated as they seem. I had no experience with BUG other then that it was attached to the FFH-Wild Mana mod. :goodjob:

I'm wondering whether that turns of graphical modifications of TAM though?

It doesn't seem to. I'm guessing from the nomenclature (my programming days ended back in the days of Basic) that NoCustomAssets = 1 means don't run any custom assets, which shuts down BUG. That should have no impact on anything TAM is trying to do.

I'm wondering whether that turns of graphical modifications of TAM though?

Thamis,

what do you mean specifically by graphical modifications?

The BUG mod is a permanent attached feature of the FFH-Wild Mana (which I test for also btw) and for the most part it manages the HUD enviroment/interface which of course has been heavily modified similar to that of FFH, but it may also tweak some of the graphics. I think though the main graphic manager is still in the civ4 options. For example, in FFH-WM interface the unit display is moved, and is rotatable on the High Setting, lower that setting and it is no longer rotatable.

I will look into this a little this evening when I get back home.

Wow good to see TAM still going strong. How is it going Thamis/Jan? Hope all is going well. :goodjob:

For some reason I can't get any of the civs to trade techs with me. I fought a war against Germany with Rome and they wouldn't trade techs. I gave Scythia a free tree, they wouldn't either despite having +4s on diplo. Is this a bug? Because of this, I am gaining techs at about half the rate the coms are (on prince), not fun!

For some reason I can't get any of the civs to trade techs with me. I fought a war against Germany with Rome and they wouldn't trade techs. I gave Scythia a free tree, they wouldn't either despite having +4s on diplo. Is this a bug? Because of this, I am gaining techs at about half the rate the coms are (on prince), not fun!

The mods default setting is Noble, so it could very well be that the diplomacy is really hard at Prince. IIRC updating the diplomacy/trade was on the to do list when the development team departed.

But I also recall there was a certain amount of randomness as well, what may appear to be difficult on one play would turn out not to be so much so after many plays...

Top Bottom