New graphics and a few noob questions

waynekucia

Chieftain
hey guys just got civ2 gold edition up and running but hate the terrian and grids

I see in the download sections of "civ2" there is graphics packs. Was wondering how i install these packs? and which is the best to get rid of those awful black gridlines lol

Ive downloaded a few maps and they work well :)

But looking to add some nice mods/graphics to the game :)

Thanks

CTRL+G is used to toggle grid lines.
Aside from that, *.gif files in the main Civ 2 folder store most of the useful graphic-related things in the game.
Color palette must be retained though, so MS Paint is out of question here.
Personally, I use GIMP.
As for installing mods, you simply replace the old files or only single icons. Each gif file has icons separated by green lines. If you only wish to replace one specific icon, you can copy it from the source file and paste into your default gif file.
Alternatively, you can make a new scenario in a separate folder, copy all gifs and txt files there and modify those. That way you keep the old files and make any number of changes to a copy.
Modding this game is based more on replacing the old content rather than adding new one, although that is still possible.

so if i download a grpahics pack for cities and its called cities1.gif should i just rename it cities.gif ?

Top Bottom