The Ancient Mediterranean MOD

I have been consulting books and watching webs, and the iberian tribes did not have any type of flag thing that is obvious (because they were all divided). The symbols that appear more and that it would be possible to be said that they are those that in the MOD could represent the celtíbera civilization are "triskel ", "tetraskel " and the svastic (I suppose that by political reasons it will not be possible to be put, but at those moments they did not have the present meaning). With respect to symbols animals it used to be the vulture, or I say to you that never they had flag and is dificult to found a symbol or flag that represents them..

Te pongo imágenes de los tres:
http://www.lefinnois.net/fond_celtic/1024/triskel_metal.jpg <<<<TRISKEL
http://www.telecable.es/personales/iissaa/celta/Serpenteante.jpg <<<<< TETRASKEL ( more common in the north)
http://celtiberia.net/imagftp/im244368725-esv%E1sticass.jpg <<<<< svastics

thamis said:
Vulture you say...? That might work.

Viriato, now all the world will see us like vultures, lol.

The name of that weapon is sling.

Come on ppl, join the discussion, seems only spanish here.

I loved your mod for Civ3 and I'm very happy I get to play it with Civ4 too. But what happened with the British? I remember they were included in the Civ3 version. Anyway I think it would be a great loss to the mod. I was looking forward to conquering England as the Romans.

Scytale said:
I loved your mod for Civ3 and I'm very happy I get to play it with Civ4 too. But what happened with the British? I remember they were included in the Civ3 version. Anyway I think it would be a great loss to the mod. I was looking forward to conquering England as the Romans.

I will add the British Tribes as well, but they won't be featured in this map. I will make a bigger map one day. :)

In fact, the vulture is not the most important animal in the iberian thought, which happens is that to make a flag a vulture is easy. The vulture was the one in charge to take to the warriorfallen in combat to a species of Valhala/paradise.

A iberian picture of this found in the IBERIAN city of Uxama :

http://www.celtiberia.net/imagftp/im197935740-tiermespeque%F1a.JPG

The most important animals were:

- the HORSE, authentic veneration, for a celtiberian the maximum in the life was to see itself represented with a horse.

- the WOLF and the JAGUAR Ferocity, cleverness etc....

Hey Thamis, whatever happened to Pi-Ankhi? I am quite sure he would have come up with something interesting for Nubia. I guess maybe a flag with reminiscent of the vulture headed crown worn by the Pharoah's consorts? Hopefully the Sea Peoples, Phoenecians and other old favorites. Talk to you later.

thamis said:
Great! I need units! All you need to make units is a good 3D program, like Maya. The SDK has nothing to do with the unit graphics.

I own and use daily 3ds Max5 & 7, Poser 6 , Motionbuilder, deep exploration and deep paint.;)

I need the SDK for the exporter (which will hopefully be for Max)..I have modded (models/anims) for many games most recent being Dawn of War.....I a enjoy animating more than modelling itself though.

I never bothered with Civ 3 units as it seemed stupid to take a 3D unit then turn it into a 2D unit.

(incidentally..am wondering what will happen regards Maya since Autodesk are purchasing Alias)

Ankenaton said:
Hey Thamis, whatever happened to Pi-Ankhi? I am quite sure he would have come up with something interesting for Nubia. I guess maybe a flag with reminiscent of the vulture headed crown worn by the Pharoah's consorts? Hopefully the Sea Peoples, Phoenecians and other old favorites. Talk to you later.

Good to see you back! :)

I'll include Nubia again, not sure about the Sea Peoples. I'd like to include some different civs this time, but I need to think a bit about that...

With Python we can now also have events, such as the Phrygian invasions, the Hun invasions, the eruption of Vesuvius, etc... That might be cool. But that'll come last.

EdCase said:
I own and use daily 3ds Max5 & 7, Poser 6 , Motionbuilder, deep exploration and deep paint.;)

I need the SDK for the exporter (which will hopefully be for Max)..I have modded (models/anims) for many games most recent being Dawn of War.....I a enjoy animating more than modelling itself though.

I never bothered with Civ 3 units as it seemed stupid to take a 3D unit then turn it into a 2D unit.

(incidentally..am wondering what will happen regards Maya since Autodesk are purchasing Alias)

Ok, I don't know anything about 3d modeling really, so I'll leave that up to you. Once we get into the unique units, that will be very handy.

For now, are you good at skinning? I thought that we could change the skins of units a bit because that'd be much easier. Gaul for example will get a better swordsman, which needs some kind of different skin. Babylon will get its archer, needs a different skin too. ;)

Don't worry about the rating Thamis, this will surely become one of the longest and most sought after threads!! :goodjob:

I stopped playing C3C about a year ago and only played TAM from then on. I absolutely love the ancient ages; as an anthropologist, I have spent a number of years studying the roots of humanity, ancient cultures and languages etc etc and therefore find this the most interesting part of the game and your mod the best on the market! ;)

I have been lurking here for years, but rarely post (about once a year!). I am changing that habit solely to offer help in any area that you think you may need the support. I can offer help in modelling and animating (with the release), historical write-ups, general spell-checking (I'm an English teacher :lol: ), game-play civ and terrain balancing issues..... wherever you feel like you have too much to do and too little time to do it! :cool:

Mail me at spear_thrower at hotmail dot com if you need assistance.

And thanks...... very big thanks, mahoosive great stonking thanks for a year of enjoyable moddage! :goodjob:

wohooo TAM with Civ4, it's great to see you are willing to start it all over again. I am confident it will be as addictive as its predecessor.

I'll try and look into the italian translation when I have a bit of time.

The river Ebro continues being a bad, I attach a map very badly done in paint in order that you see it better.
Certainly, how might I collaborate in the mod? I am a total newbie, and have not idea modificate nothing, but I am curious and learn rapidly, with a simple tutorial to do units I might try to do some Iberian units, I have a little time for the university but I am charmed with this.

PD: I see that Iberian civ, don't start with misticism &#191;How is posible? In theory (&#191;or you modificate this tec?) spanish civ starts with misticism. &#191;Is a bug?

Attachments

• CorrectEBRO.JPG
    CorrectEBRO.JPG
    5.6 KB · Views: 880
Top Bottom