[WARLORDS] Amra's Modpack v2

Very impressive. I now have a reason to use my Warlords CD. Great work Amra.

@agoodfella
I trust that you figured out the .bat file, otherwise, yes you just click it. All it does is tell the Great Person Mod where to find all the images.

@Civmatrix
I'm not sure what the problem with your second computer could be as this modpack version is essentially the same as v1.80, except it's for Warlords. Does Warlords run fine by itself on the computer in question? I know that I have to reskin the Non-shader versions of numerous LH's but that shouldn't cause the modpack not to run, only to display the incorrect LH images.

@everyone
I will be away from this forum for a few days so please do not think I am being rude if I don't answer any posts during that time. I have to go a footballin' :D

amra, nuclear submarine is in sevomod, can you get unit and insert in your mod?

Nuclear submarine is in "nuclear power" tech

a very gret work amra :), itwould be insert nuclear submarine and insert in your mod the "genetic era for warlord" mod b y Dubmetender.

I can't download from that site for some reason. Does anyone have a working mirror of it?

Hello Amra

Thanks for your answer. In the meantime I'v experimented with "Three Square Radius Cities Mod by Roger Bacon and Strand, Warlords version by Konradius" it's actually (I'm not a programmer) only one file CvGameCoreDLL.dll
which is exactly the same size as yours and also one parameter changed in GlobalDefines.xml which is CAMERA_CITY_ZOOM_IN_DISTANCE so the extra row of city squars will be visible, to my surprise the game with your mode loded correctly and I'v started a new game, am I missing something ? will I encounter problems later ?

I know I'll have problems with Health & Happiness due to very large cities, I'm worried about game errors.

I'm really used to play CIV4 on huge maps with Three City Square Radius because I need less cities.

Thanks
David

Great work on the Mod. One quick question, what do I do with ancient temples. I see I needed copper and ironworking to explore them, but what else do I need. I'm playing the mod for the 1st time and up to 150AD.

Thanks.

@Roamty

Would you suggest merging that if we are using standalone Great Person Screen addon that Amra posted a few days ago?

great mod! very small problem in XML audio defines. the file specified for deganawida's late music is degawida not deganawida. No other problems at all.

Ket hold on the merge There is a problem
I can get only get one to work at a time there is a bug. I can not get it to, if not a PROPHET but a GREAT GENERAL then show Great General I get only the default I pick. I will be working on it.

AMRA what do you think of this for a no picture popup for GREAT PERSON

woodelf said:
Very impressive. I now have a reason to use my Warlords CD. Great work Amra.
Thanks Woodelf. I like all the buildings you've been doing lately. I'm sure I'll be using some in the future. :D

simkodavid said:
Hello Amra

Thanks for your answer. In the meantime I'v experimented with "Three Square Radius Cities Mod by Roger Bacon and Strand, Warlords version by Konradius" it's actually (I'm not a programmer) only one file CvGameCoreDLL.dll
which is exactly the same size as yours and also one parameter changed in GlobalDefines.xml which is CAMERA_CITY_ZOOM_IN_DISTANCE so the extra row of city squars will be visible, to my surprise the game with your mode loded correctly and I'v started a new game, am I missing something ? will I encounter problems later ?

I know I'll have problems with Health & Happiness due to very large cities, I'm worried about game errors.

I'm really used to play CIV4 on huge maps with Three City Square Radius because I need less cities.

Thanks
David
If the Three Square Radius mod uses a CvGameCoreDLL.dll file then you could, most likely, have problems with either that mod's features or the Unit Stats mod since it also had a CvGameCoreDLL.dll file.

Both of those files include SDK changes and would need to be merged together. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do that yet. You may try PM'ing Teg_Navanis (unit stats mod) and ask him nicely if he would merge them for you. I can't promise that he would help you but he was very nice to me & previously help me do that.

@agoodfella
I trust that you figured out the .bat file, otherwise, yes you just click it. All it does is tell the Great Person Mod where to find all the images.

yes - i took a chance and just clicked it - i assumed that did the trick?

anyways, Amra, many thanks again - Mods like yours is the only reason i still come back to play Civ...

maxbjr said:
Great work on the Mod. One quick question, what do I do with ancient temples. I see I needed copper and ironworking to explore them, but what else do I need. I'm playing the mod for the 1st time and up to 150AD.
Basically, you need either copper and ironworking to chop down the jungle or Forest that they are in. Once you have that ability, you can "explore" them with either a worker, scout or explorer. When you have explored an Ancient temple, it will give you treasure (gold). The amount of gold will increase later in the game when you research the "Tourism" tech that I added.

Roamty said:
Ket hold on the merge There is a problem
I can get only get one to work at a time there is a bug. I can not get it to, if not a PROPHET but a GREAT GENERAL then show Great General I get only the default I pick. I will be working on it.

AMRA what do you think of this for a no picture popup for GREAT PERSON
There is a generic "Great Person" image that Patricius did in the modpack already (see attached image) but that one is good also.

Tell me more about a possible bug with the GP mod. I've tested the GP popups in several games by using Worldbuilder and giving myself various wonders including the King's Saga which is great for getting Great Generals. I've had various types of Great People popup with the correct artwork including Great Generals so I'm confused as to what any problem may be.

I think Ket mentioned in the Great Person Mod thread that there may be a conflict/error with the way I implemented the UnitStats & GP mods to where the Random Name feature isn't working. I will check that out next week to see if something is wrong.

Attachments

• Amra_GreatPerson.jpg
    Amra_GreatPerson.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 180
Amra said:
@agoodfella

@Civmatrix
I'm not sure what the problem with your second computer could be as this modpack version is essentially the same as v1.80, except it's for Warlords. Does Warlords run fine by itself on the computer in question? I know that I have to reskin the Non-shader versions of numerous LH's but that shouldn't cause the modpack not to run, only to display the incorrect LH images.

@everyone
I will be away from this forum for a few days so please do not think I am being rude if I don't answer any posts during that time. I have to go a footballin' :D

Yup Civ works normally otherwise. Your Mod will run on that computer but when your in the game there is no interface buttons to acess any of the commands or anything. All you see is the unit and the Map but no interface buttons whatsoever as well as Options menu will not open in game or in main menu but on mine it will... On the other computer everything is normal. I think the leaderhead showed up ok but I never got to far since my wife could not do anything on her end. I just got home so I will try to reunpack the Mod on her machine. Ill try some various things so see what is wrong. Mabye a video driver is glitchy or something but the game works normally without the mod on her machine... Trying to figure this out....

EDIT: Several hours later

I think it is the video card caompatability

Computer 1 - Pci Express Msi Gforce 6600 GT - Working fine

Computer 2 - Pci Express ATI x600 Wonder - Map & unit displays but there is no in game interface or main menu functionality with Advanced options, Hall Of Fame, Civpedia. The mod does not crash however.

Computer 3 - Pci Express ATI x550 - same resukt as computer 2

Computer 4 - Unknown type - long distance - Working fine

Each computer has it installed the same way and functions normally in regular Warlords play.

I appreciate all of your hard work, and I have tried everything short of messing with the Mod itself to make it work. I wanted it to work so bad for all machines because thats the only way I can play, but I'll have to sit back and see if it can be resolved or not. If I could afford to overhaul my video cards now I would but its not happening anytime within the next 6 months. Ill just cross my fingers I guess.

Gl with the football

@Amra

I did get it to work, I had to fool around with DEJ's Ini Reader and Event Handler code to do so. The problem is so many mods use different versions of his files that it becomes difficult to work with. This seems to have magnified in warlords.

Reguarding your .DLL file. and the unit stats merge.
What are you using in your mod that needs a custom .DLL
In order to do the merge that simkodavid wants to do he would need to know what SDK mods are in place. Who compiled your DLL for you?

Alternatively since it is a VERY small change an a fairly easy merge (once you get the event handler to play nice) we can do a compile for you (assuming we know what you have merged in already) and you can python merge Teg's Unit stats and then your mod can have unit stats as well.

@Roamty
Check and make sure the rename function is working properly. I had to hard code it in the python for the configuration of Teg's Mod to get it to work, we may have a similar problem here.

Ket said:
Reguarding your .DLL file. and the unit stats merge.
What are you using in your mod that needs a custom .DLL
In order to do the merge that simkodavid wants to do he would need to know what SDK mods are in place. Who compiled your DLL for you?
The only SDK mod in my modpack is Teg's UnitStats Mod. I don't know how to merge SDK .dll files so I limited it to one SDK mod. I need to learn that, however, as I would like to add a couple more from TheLopez (Pirates mod, maybe the Sea Monster mod, etc.)

Top Bottom