Rhye's and Fall of Civilization for Warlords

sourboy said:
1) The description said there were non-playable Civs, and the addition of Babylon. Does this mean that ALL C4W Civs are playable, as well as the new custom Civ? Also, which Civs are included that are non-playable?
1) No, just Vikings, Carthage and Turkey
I'm not sure which part you are referring to here. Are you saying:

1) All vanilla Civs as well as Babylon, Vikings, Carthage, and Ottoman are playable?

2) or all vanilla Civs and Babylon are playable, but Vikings, Carthage, and Ottoman are non-playable but present?

In other words, who's playable, and who's included but not playable?

4) No, a civil war actually splits into usually more than 2 independent factions, and human player retains just the capital.
So it's based on Civ2's civil wars, but it can split from 2-many factions?

You say the human controls just the capital -- does that mean literally only the capital city -- or the entire faction that includes the capital?

I guess this list of "No" won't impress you, but I think that you should try the mod before judging ;)
I will be trying it regardless, just wanted more info until I find the time to actually play it.

I'm not sure which part you are referring to here. Are you saying:

1) All vanilla Civs as well as Babylon, Vikings, Carthage, and Ottoman are playable?

2) or all vanilla Civs and Babylon are playable, but Vikings, Carthage, and Ottoman are non-playable but present?

In other words, who's playable, and who's included but not playable?

1).
Celts are in but not playable

So it's based on Civ2's civil wars, but it can split from 2-many factions?

You say the human controls just the capital -- does that mean literally only the capital city -- or the entire faction that includes the capital?

it isn't based on civ2 civil wars: it's a more complex mechanism involving stability. Unstable empire can cause secessions or even the collapse, in which the whole empire is fragmented and while AI instantly dies, the human player retains the capital city and has a chance to reconquer its empire.
You can find more info in the readme

I agree with the suggestions to slow everything down.

Also, I find all the Independent States confusing. It is hard to tell which cities are part of which one, especially in the early game when you haven't explored enough to see all the borders. Would it be possible to number them, and make them like Independent State 1 and Independent Leader 1 to help with confusion?

It is also very hard to accomplish the Historical victories. There is no way you can conquer all of the former Roman Empire's posessions in the time allotted.

I love the mod Rhye. I do have just one question though. I had a great game going as Rome. By the late 19th Century, I controlled most of Europe. After conquering Spain in 2 or turns, my entire Empire went into Civil War, crippling me. Does expanding rapidly cause Civil War?

So if one took care of infrastructure, and expanded only when the empire is stable, then civil war would be less likely? I was sort of asking what goes into stability. I tried to be a culture powerehouse, but it looked like the speed of expansion is key. Is that correct, sir?

Great, I love it. And I tried it. Where is this panel? I think I've figured out what the stability symbols next to your name mean, but I don't know where the panel is.

I will give a try ! :D

EDITING : the plague is too destabilizing, good ideas but exploited terribly, realism perhaps but very unfun :(

Rating : 1/5

From the begining of this mod to now, the mod has badly turned :(

First, I'd like to say thanks for this mod--its a great concept and a fun one. It's clear a lot of work went into it. That being said, however, I am a little upset--I started out as the Aztecs on Monarch (and waited all the turns and such), expanded to most of the US, got rid of all European colonies in Central America and Southern US, and still lost the Historical Victory (no Euro colonies in Central Am/Southern US) in 1700. As I was going for this, I'm feeling a bit hozed.

The only thing I can think is that somehow the Caribbean islands count as Central America (which they normally don't; who knows where the border for Southern US is on the map, I guessed river divisions but just took everything to be sure)--which is a bit misleading and virtually impossible for the Aztecs to take over. Its impossible to get settlers to the islands until Astronomy, and by the time you can get it (I beelined), trading nice with everyone, there are Euro colonies there. No matter how big a SOD I had (and it was large on the continent), I couldn't get to them--so I think maybe things need to be reorganized a little for the Historical Victory idea to be playable. Maybe make work boats able to carry one settler, thus preventing anyone from crossing the atlantic with one?

Also, has anyone thought of a native religion substitution or the sort for the New World? They were pretty religious by the Conquest, and the only way to get anything is to wait to be "discovered" and hope someone sends a missionary or builds a religion-spreading building somewhere near one of your cities.

But a great concept. A bit frustrating, but a cool mod.

Oops--I was wrong about the islands, you can get there with galleys I suppose. BUT, as the Aztecs the historical victory is still unwinnable. I went into the Worldbuilder right before 1700 and deleted every Euro colony in the Caribbean, including any off of coast of S and N america, making sure there weren't any Euro colonies anywhere on the mainland (there is one in Venezuela, but that's South America--and the borders don't even go into any part of Central America, land or sea). I then waited until 1703--it still says I lost (well, it says NO under the victory conditions)!!! What is going on??
:cry: :mad: :confused:

Top Bottom