Caveman2Cosmos

strat
Man, so can you please explain or post the differences between v23 and v24?
Cause there must be, but apart from some additions, I see no actual gameplay differences...

strat
Man, so can you please explain or post the differences between v23 and v24?
Cause there must be, but apart from some additions, I see no actual gameplay differences...

Yeah i know, i been slacking off in that area this time, and for the next release probably also, mainly because I was in the Emergency Room, Transferred to another hospital in the "cities," had my medications all messed-up because of this, then Wednesday i was back in the "cities" to have an Epidural put into my spine, and been feeling really weak and well just plain "Lazy" lately, sorry everyone:blush:

Other from that this was the very frist time i have been away from my puter for more than 2 days, and also a first time that i haven't been either working on or playing Civ IV in "over" 6 YEARS!!!! Each and everyday.

strat
Oh, get well...
But I'm asking for at least a short note of what was changed (if anything was, apart from "few buildings added, few techs added, few civs added")...
Thanks.

strat
Oh, get well...
But I'm asking for at least a short note of what was changed (if anything was, apart from "few buildings added, few techs added, few civs added")...
Thanks.
If you are interested in the details, you can check the SVN log:
http://caveman2cosmos.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/caveman2cosmos/trunk/
Click on the revision number of a directory to see the log, but it tends to be a bit long so probably go to a subdirectory first.
The changes from V23 to V24 are from revision 2538 to revision 3029.

Changes from v23 to v24. It does include some first cut editing. Ie removing all the embarrassing "oops" messages in the usual list.

Experiment

We tried adding combat strength to workers as a quick way to give experience to them. It did not work and was removed. We will try a different approach later.

Bug Fixes, AI changes and tweaks

Summary
- German translations
- CTD and speed fixes including some for MP​
Spoiler :

Fix divide by zero (modulo) in Rev code.
Added Integer Expressions Added comparison tags to Boolean Expressions that use Integer Expressions Added GOM type GOM_IMPROVEMENT
Fixed major performance issue with AI fort attack routines
Added text display capabilities to boolean expressions Added ConstructCondition tag to building info which is a boolean expression that is evaluated on the city and can be used to define requirements Added TrainCondition tag to unit info wh...
Fixed a bug with a testing property source accidentally committed to the SVN (Apple resource access = lots of crime per turn).
NewCityFree tag now only gives the building free if the requirements to construct it are met (with the exception of building dependencies)
Added game object modifiers GOM_RELIGION and GOM_CORPORATION (for use in expressions).
Added Is (e.g. TAG_WATER, which is true if it is next to a river or coast) and IntegrateOr to boolean expressions.
Added NewCityFree tag to building info which is a boolean expression that is evaluated on founding a city and if it is true a...
-Turned on Koshling's new TREAT_NEGATIVE_GOLD_AS_MAINTAINENCE option in the GlobalDefines.
moved art into the core, and deleted the RevDCM.FPK which ALREADY is in the C2C.FPK anyways, so that might have been casing problems, just tiding up alittle.
Exposed the PathGenerator flags to Python under the name PathingFlags. So you can access them with PathingFlags.MOVE_WITH_CAUTION and similar.
Exposed pathing engine to Python via CyMap: bool generatePathForHypotheticalUnit(CyPlot* pFrom, CyPlot* pTo, int /*PlayerTypes*/ ePlayer, int /*UnitTypes*/ eUnit, int iFlags, int iMaxTurns); int getLastPathStepNum(); CyPlot* getLastPathP...
Added GOM_CIVIC to game object modifiers for use in the Has tag of the expression system.
Rewrote part of the XML reading code to allow a global define ID at any position that a bool, int or float is expected. To use that the dt:type="int" (or similar for the other types) has to be removed from the schema. So if you want a speci...
Fixed tendency of automated workers to try to build routes through neutral territory and die to animals
Added TREAT_NEGATIVE_GOLD_AS_MAINTENANCE global define option to allow negative gold from buildings to be handled better
Fixed multiple production bug affected AI players and AI governor
Fixed CTD when playing at Blitz speed
Fixed AI bug that caused it to repeatedly build and then scrap sea workers in some circumstances
Fixed CTD when eliminating a player who still owns forts Hardened the DLL against Python queries about non-existent promotions
Allowed missing (removed from XML) improvements, bonuses or routes on plots in savegames.
Fixed WFoC hang from divine prophets
Fixed inability of AI to build units in simultaneous turn MP games Fixed tendency of AI to go into inappropriate defensive posture due to presence of animals
Added missing newline in the property mouseover Added FontButtonIndex to property info XML (specifies which icon to use for the property in the game font relative to the first property icon)
Added multi feature capability (not yet active or complete) Added property change from sources like population and decay to property mouseover on the city screen Exposed property change functions to Python Feature types in a save game that ...
Fixed All religious game options. All should be perfectly compatible and working correctly, independently and together.
TB Nukefix The Manhattan Project has been updated to grant nuclear weapon access only to those players that have built it.
Limited Religions and Divine Prophets are now fully compatible.
Fixed date exceptions (confusion in the code between 1-based and 0-based months) Fixed CTD when clicking on a human automated unit that is mid-mission
Attempt to fix CTD reported with indicative minidump but not reproducible

Buildings

Summary
-Lots of new buildings and old buildings balanced.
- Many buildings can now be captured with the city.
- Many wonders now Nuke immune.​

Detail in reverse order
Spoiler :

Tweaked School of Scribes for DH.
Added Venus of Willendorf, Walkabout, Vision Quest, Childbirth Hut and Buffalo Jump.
Mesopotamian Shrine now gives Great prophet points.
Added a Llama Trainer.
Fixed Winery.
Moved Cannery to Food Preservation tech.
Moved Distillery to Alchemy tech and Oracle to Divination tech.
Added 6 new Pet buildings.
Added 5 new Law Buildings.
Crime buildings AI weight moved from 200 to 350.
Tweaked Hippodrome, Circus Maximus, Bakery and Canoe Builder's Hut.
Hippodrome now goes obsolete at Tournaments tech.
Added 5 new Eduction Civic Buildings (Online University, Learning Center, Creation Myth, Propaganda Office and Military School).
Tweaked some Sports buildings.
Icehouse moved to Masonry tech.
Houses now replace each other again.
Tweaked Shaman Hut.
Tweaked Icehouse.
Fix tech requirements for OV's Strategic Grain Storage
Changed Bandits Hideout to weight 200
Added back in some old civic buildings with tweaked stats, buttons and names. (Grand Estate, Grand Manor, Grand Villa and Squatter Camps)
Made the "punk" wonders nuke immune.
Fixed my Wonders to be Nuke Immune.
Fixed the "punk" buildings to 50% capture chance.
Set all of my buildings which had 0% capturing probability to 50% and set my custom wonders to 100% capturing probability.
-Fixed the Seed Camp
Added 5 new Farm civic buildings.
Tweaked Seminary School and School of Scribes.
Fixed Areodrome.
Moved down AI weight of Crime buildings to 500.
Tweaked many of the science labs to get bonuses from the new techs.
Moved buildings to the new Zoology, Botany and Wildlife Conservation techs.
Fixed Pharmacy.
AI Weight for Crime buildings increased from 100 to 1000! (As requested)
Move Coastal Fisheries building (built by subdued fish) to Aquaculture.
Yoruba Shrine now gives Great Prophet points.
Added 5 new Garbage buildings.
Increased AI weight for Assassin's Den, Bandit's Hideout, etc.
Tweaked The University Of Sankore.
Fixed French Salon.
Increased the Cost of Theater of Dionysus by 50% and The Great Wall by 100%.
Increased the Cost of The Hanging Gardens by 50%.
Increased the Cost of The Great Lighthouse and The Colossus by 100%.
Increased the Cost of the The Temple of Artemus by 50% and the The Oracle and Stonehenge by 100%.
Increased the Cost of Plato's Academy and The Great Library by 50%.
Increased the Cost of the Sphinx, Petra, Angkor Wat and Shwedagon Paya by 50%.
Increased the Cost of the Flavian Amphatheater and Hadrian's Wall by 50%.
Tengri Shrine now gives Great Prophet points.
Ngai Shrine now gives points towards Great Prophet.
Fixed Cocoa Plantation building.
* Added the King's Tournament national wonder. * Added the Pocket Monsters building suite (Breeding Facility, Store, Dueling Arena, League HQ) * Deleted the Motorized Infantry.
Peyote now used by health care buildings.
Fixed Natural Gas Power Plant.
Fixed Haitian wonder from giving Hopi culture by mistake.
Add barley to Druid temples and monasteries.
Added 20 new Culture Wonders.
Updated Coconut, Date, Pistachio and Pomegranate city vicinity buildings to use the new resources.
Fixed Mayan Ball Court.
* Added the Augur building. * Moved all of my Wonders to the Vokarya/Wonders folder.
Added 8 new Dieselpunk buildings.
Fixed Automobile Factory.
Added 5 new buildings.
Tweaked Counter's Hut.
Tweaked Veterinarian.
Fixed Peyote Plantation building.
Added 20 new Fungi buildings and Patent Office.
Moved obsoletion of Slave Market building from Labor Union tech to Emancipation tech.
Church of the State building was moved to Enlightenment tech.
Women's Suffrage wonder moves to Women's Suffrage tech.
Fixed Red Cross building.
Moved Barbwire Fence to Barbed Wire tech.
Changed Stained Glass to have at least a TXT strategy
Added 10 new Transportation buildings.
Fixed Instrument making buildings.
Moved Leonardo Di Vinci's Workshop to TECH_INVENTION.
Tweaked Furniture Workshop and Artesian Well.
Added Potter's Workshop, Ceramics Factory, Comicbook Store, Book Store and Coffee Shop.
Changed Mad Scientist's Castle to go Obsolete at Thought Scanning tech.
Changed Step Reckoner Manufactory to go Obsolete at Computers tech.
Changed Plastic Surgery Clinic to go Obsolete at Mind Uploading tech.
Changed Brick Mason to go Obsolete at Organic Cities tech. - Changed Mattress Store to go Obsolete at Homo Superior tech. - Changed Seal Maker to go Obsolete at Compulsory Education tech. - Changed Tire Factory to go Obsolete at Skyroads ...
Changed Parking Meters to go Obsolete at Teleportation tech.

Tech Tree

Summary
- tweak which buildings appear when
- teask prerequisites, mainly getting rid of duplicates
- some new techs in preparation for moving religion founding to their own dead end tech
- lots of new techs for the later eras mostly without content and for disscussion and ideas as the multi-maps facility gets closer to reality.​
Spoiler :
-Altered Photography, Romanticism, Realism, and Impressionism techs as per Vokarya's suggestions -Added Animism and Scriptures -Altered the beginning of the Medieval Era to make it more even, also as per Vokarya
Added the Grand War tech quote by Acularius. Thanks!
Photography Era: Industrial Location: X54 Y17 Cost: 4750 Prerequisite Techs: Chemistry AND Patent Rights (I'm using Patent Rights as a proxy for early-industrial inventing.)
Added Gnarlo's (aka Darrinus) tech quote for Trench Warfare.
Added Cyberimmuniology
(PER HYDRO) Military Training Req Techs: Bronze Working AND Board Games Microbiology Req Techs: Zoology AND Botany AND Food Preservation Battlefield Medicine Location: X51 Y17 (my mistake) (PER VOKARYA) I also found as many tech redunda...
-Minor pedia edit of Botany
-fixed Food Preservation prereq
-ADDED Artificial Photosynthesis
-PLASMA PREREQ FIX Hydroelectricity Location: X60 Y15
-Fized Paleontology to have botany instead of Biology
(Per Hydro) Edited Agricultural Engineering
(PER Vokarya) Here's what I noticed: Microbiology: TECH_BOTONY should be TECH_BOTANY. Animalia Exoskeleton: Is this supposed to be singular or plural? You have it plural in your XML code, but singular in your text. Also, change TECH_lENGIN...
(Per Hydro) 1. Exotic Architecture has a random + sign in its text. 2. These techs are missing their strategy text. - Automated Urbanization - Transonic Traffic - Intelligent Pavement (a misspelling) - Graphene 3. These techs are missing...
New Techs Zoology Era: Renaissance Location: X48 Y15 Cost: 4680 Req Techs: Biology AND Anatomy Botany Era: Renaissance Location: X48 Y17 Cost: 4680 Req Techs: Biology AND Crop Rotation AND Agricultural Tools Wilderness Conservation Era: ...
-Added Molecular Consortium -Added Simulated Society
-deleted Saturn Exploration Tech
-renamed Jupiter Tech to Jovian
-renamed Horizontal skyscrapers to exotic architecture
Changed tech requirements for SS parts ...
-moved first response robotics one to the right
-fixed specialized police quote
-fixed A.U.r.a command quote
Fixed multiple TECH_Quotes errors
-Added many new Techs to Trnanshuman Era..
GameText and Quotes for New Techs. TechInfos is coming up after i triple check everything.
Uploading the unfinished Transhuman Era for safe keeping at my folder.
Moved Transhuman Prototype to my modular folder
Uploaded the current prototype of have I the Transhuman Era. It is only 30% done and I'm uploading it to SVN only for safekeeping,( this is the safest backup source of them all). This is not ready ,(after x90) to be included in the game but...
-Fixed Grammatical Names [Animalia Exoskeleton, Biomathematics, Theoretical Physics, Contemporary Vehicles, Media Pyschology) [Thanks koshing!]
- Fized Grammatical Errors and added new text content to New Transhuman Era Pedia - Added Sophisticated Lasers and Virtual Society Techs to Transhuman Era - Added missing quote to Gene Jurisprudence -Moved some x84 Techs Y positions for gre...
per=Vokarya You can remove Mysticism from Sacrifice Cult, remove Trade from Road Building, remove City Planning from Architecture, remove Guilds from Chivalry, and remove Nuclear Pulse Propulsion from VASIMR Propulsion and it will not make...
-Updated the tech prereqs on the early ships.
Huge techs changes in ALL Era's: per Vokarya
Moved Confucianism to Meritocracy tech. (Thanks Vokarya!)
Fixed Meritocracy, Writing, Civil Service and Philosophy techs since their OR/AND requirements were backwards.
New Techs ... Divination Era: Ancient Cost: 100 Location: X23 Y19 Required Techs: Priesthood Meritocracy Era: Classical Cost: 400 Location: X30 Y1 Prerequisites: Literature AND Code of Laws Rudder Era: Medieval Locat...
new techs ... Critical Thought Era: Renaissance Required Techs: Divine Right AND Eduction AND Clockworks Location: X44 Y5 Enlightenment Era: Renaissance Required Techs: Printing Press AND Critical Thought AND Social Contract...
new techs ... Barbed Wire Era: Industrial Era Required Techs: Steel AND Agricultural Engineering Location: X58 Y3 Special: +1 :food: for Pastures Nitroglycerin Era: Industrial Era Required Techs: Explosives AND Geology Locat...
changed Conglomerates from Trans to Modern Era

Units

Summary
- more units and more cultural units
- tweaks to units
- sea animals now have their own promotion line
- free unmovable Tribal Gardian unit to first city of all nations. Mainly to reduce the chance of the AI loosing their first city to "tupid" mistakes. it will be removed when the mod team gets teh AI working better.
- more work boats. Mostly they are move faster and work faster as tey get better.​

Spoiler :
Add animals 'gator (North America and China) and Nile Crocodile (Africa).
Fixed Panda Shadow bug (the more pandas that are near each other the darker the terrain becomes).
More bears!
-Modern Medivac now upgrades correctly
-New Panda model
-New button for the Sea Animals
Sea Animals now have own promotion line
-Tweaked the Log Ram (formerly the Hand Ram)
-Added the Hatchet Warrior.
-Added Three new Post-Apocalypse Units -Fixed the Flailman.
-Nerfed the Tribal Guardian
-Added the Dolphin Mech and the Urban Crossbowman
-Added the Walker Artillery
-Added the Herero Rebel.
-Added the Medevac Dropship and the Manchu Horse Archer
-Tweaked the Early and Modern Medivac Helis.
-Rebalanced Transhuman Mechs and Infantry.
-Reworked Transhuman Upgrade chains completely (part 1)
-Changed art for the Levitation Artillery
-Tweaked the Assault and Siege Droids
-Tweaked prereqs for the Heavy Levitation Tank
-Fixed the Russian Cossack
-Fixed the fact that nothing upgraded into the NLOS cannon
-Rocket Artillery can now upgrade to the Hover Artillery.
-Added the Hover and Levitation Artillery.
Fix to beast master.
-Various Upgrade Chain adjustments.
-Added the Elephant Gunner and the Autogyro.
-Fixed the Bombard Elephant.
-Fixed the Elephant Worker
-Added the Lunar Rover (currently inactive)
Moved Submerged Town Platform to Marine Architectur tech.
Adjust Beast Master animals to better fit in C2C. They now upgrade (go obsolete) to Guard Dogs but the Biodome should give you free ones. They can now build some buildings also.
-Changed the UnitCombat types for the Modern and Robotic Imperial Guards.
-Added SPECIALUNIT_TROOP to several Modern and Transhuman infantry units.
-Added three new Hovercraft units.
-Changed name of Hover Tank to Heavy Levitation Tank.
-Tweaked the APCs a good bit.
-More fixes for Flamethrowers.
Fixed Plasmathrower upgrading to itself.
Tweaked Calvary, Zebra Calvary, Apache Calvary, Mountie, Hussar, Llanero, Camel Gunner and Modern ACP.
-Major reorganization of my NormalUnits folder
-Added three new Flamethrower units.
-Changed around some upgrade paths for modern units.
-Armored car Gametext fix.
-Fixed pink Repeating Crossbowman button.
Change graphics on ancient work boat.
-Fixed the Early Skirmisher
-Added the Menalamba, Uighur Knight, and Swazi Tracker
-Changed the Industrial Worker to TECH_NITROGLYCERIN
-Added the Repeating Crossbowman.
-Added a new Clockpunk tank.
-Modified the cost of the Heavy XBowman.
Fix Zebra spawn
-Added 6 new Dieselpunk units.
-Tweaks to Construct rates and Hurry Cost Modifiers.
-Slave can now upgrade to the Stone Thrower.
Barbary Cousair tweaks
New work boat units.
-Added the Wood Spearman.
-Modified unit upgrade paths to fit new Wood Spearman.
Added GG Middle Eastern and to Israel/Israel_CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml
-Made the Elephant Worker a National Unit (Limit 5)
-Added the Early Chariot, Chariot Archer, War Wagon, and Siege Wagon. -Redid existing Chariots to be in line with the new Chariot Units. -Made the Bandit Rider upgrade to the Highwayman.
-Moved forward the start of Neander spawns.
Minor fix to the Privateer and Hospital Ship upgrades.
Remove free promotion from Ngai Missionary, Supply train and Great Doctor.
Ensure Work Elephant can build the same things and Work Mule and Work Buffalo.
Removed Highwayman -> Cavalry upgrade path.
-More changes to the AA upgrade lines.
more hero units that the barbarian civ cant produce
-Redid some of the Crime Unit upgrade lines.
-Redid the upgrade lines leading to SAM Infantry.
Added Highwayman to Outlaw upgrade path.
-Tweaked the Culture Units to be in line with the new Swordsman Upgrades.
-Tweaked the Heavy Cavalry.
Added two new units: Highwayman and Motorized Infantry. Added 221B Baker Street wonder.
Made the Clockwork Golem forceobsolete at Modern Warfare.
Changed the Upgrade paths for Culture Units to match the new Early unit progression.
Changed Clubman prereq tech to Tool Making.
Removed the Castle as a prereq for the City Guard.

Map, Terain and Resources

Summary
- with the unlimited resources now working some features (coconut for example) have become resources instead
- Lunar terrain added but wont be used until multi-maps are available​
Spoiler :
Latest GEM maps with current resources
Added Cetacea Sapien culture resource.
Aborigine culture linked to Fine Clay and Australian linked to Gold.
Change grouping on resources.
reduced the Thundra and Snow caps, too many complaints, i hope this works better ??????? C2C_PerfectMongoose_v310
change Potatoes from 50 to 65 placement
tweaked 2 earth maps
deleted GEM maps, outdated
New Kelp art.
New feature Sea grass.
Fix polar ice Adjust bonuses slightly
Fix Sugar to not be a Fruit but a Spice. Add Cocoa to health care buildings.
Remove Tungsten and Water Ice since I can't get them working.
Move CO2 Ice and Helium3 into core.
Add Cashed Probe as goody hut for space terrains.
Move Poultry map resource into core. Second attempt at getting bonuses a bit more balanced.
Use correct art for Cocoa resource.
Fix Poultry problem with the bonus improvements not set.
Civics now refer to ORCHARD rather than APPLE_Farm Prickly Pear and Cocoa resources added
Fixed tag error for Prickly Pear building.
Add resources BONUS_COCONUT. BONUS_DATES, BONUS_PISTACHIO and BONUS_POMEGRANATE.
New map art for Jungle Camp by hrochland
Add Mars Rocks, Moon Rocks
Reduce appearance of some of the newer food resources.
Caves should now work but wont be put on generated maps yet. Moved art to core for caves and lunar craters.
Fix cactus, add lunar terrains to resources and add crater feature for the lunar terrains.
Added Lunar terrain from the Song of the Moon mod.
Replace Barrel Cactus feature with Cactus Feature.
Add a new resource Peyote.
Tweaked Bricks resource.
Tweaked Books, Ice Cream and Tires resources.

Events
Spoiler :
Tornado event should now put a tornado on the plot.
Fixed my other Wonders with events so the art doesn't give a pink square.
Fixed error in graphics path for Blarney Castle Visit event.
Tweaked the volcanoes again from iWeight 50 to 25
tweaked AIWeight from 100 to 50 on volcanoes
changed some event texts to hopefully fix the civ displayed as triggering the event. changed the volcano events, removed requirement to have the plot visible, but it now needs to be owned, also slightly upped the chance of some of the volca...
reduced flammability event chances added global warming event
reduced thresholds and increased chances for fire events again, also reduced flammability threshold of theater fire to 25 and industrial fire to 50. the files also contain rudimentary code for a global warming event that is currently non-fu...
changed tornado event in Events/CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml to reflect change of apple farm to orchards.
added scrub and desert terrain to donkey event
Added Llama Migration - Active 90%, iWeight 50 on barren, scrub or desert tiles, starts at Scavenging, no feature, road, other bonus or improvement allowed on tile
Fire event changes: removed python check for cando event, now uses xml tags for triggering. HighestFire: requires Flammability of >=200, iWeight 7200 HighFire: requires Flammability of >=150, iWeight 1600 MediumFire: requires Flammability o...
Changed Game Migration Events: Now disallow any Route on tile, removed check for city tile (should still not occur on city tile).

Civilizations and Leaderheads
Spoiler :
Added Italy per personal request
New Civ Uzbek LH Shaybani
New Civ Yangshao
New Civ: Xiongnu
Fixed alot of DIPLO on LHs
Corrected some wrong Dilpo LH's
Added NEW Mexican Civ, with help from new trainee SargontheGreat2
Added Israel Civ (This is the MOST d/l'ed Civ in CivIV
Added Polynesian Civ Changed MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml
Added Jivaro Civ (Head Hunters) even to this day and age!!
Added Goth Civ and new MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml

Promotions
Spoiler :

-Moved most of the new Promotions farther up on the Promotion Tree.
-Tweaked the Siege Engineering promotions.
-Fixed the Woodsman II Promotions.
-Crime from Units now properly affects plots.
-Crime from Promotions now properly affects plots.
Rename PROMOTION_BARBAR_HUNTER to PROMOTION_BARBARIAN_HUNTER in the python
-Added 9 new Promotions.
-Hunter units can no longer take the Looter promotion.
Tweak promotions that allow XP after maximum has been reached from animals and barbarians. Update my FPK.
Change Heal promotion so it is available to all units.
-Changed the Riot Control promotions to Policing, and put them back the way they were before.
Fixed the Riot Control promotion line.
-Added Banditry I-III, and Fire Ship promotions.

Other - Civics, properties, religions, traits and game speed
Spoiler :

-New gamespeed data for V24
2nd install of Sgtslick tweaks traits, thx.
Add a cut scene for Mesoamerican religion Nagualism Use new cut scenes for Druid and Asatru religions.
Fix cut scene for Nagualisimo religion
Added NEW traits as a third traits, changed to much to list.
deleted the soundtracks from the title area of sounds
Added Disease property.
Added names to the Credits area.
-Updated Marathon to new timeline settings.
-Tweaked several multipliers slightly in GameSpeeds.
Changed very little on the Marathon Speed, just testing it out for now.
Got rid of the title songs, except Civilization w/Lyrics
Added 11 new Water Pollutions.
New FPK - move diplomat art and add new female missionary art.
Fix effect art for some of the religions.
Added Pollution properties to improvements.
Add disease property
Added Pollution values to Terrain Features.
Moved Prophets civic to Divination tech.
Added 13 Pollutions.
Fix problem with State Church civic not being able to build missionaries of some religions without the monastery in the city.
Added Air and Water Pollution properties.
-Changed the default gamespeed to Snail.
Changed Text to read 50000BC rather than 12000
Changed the hint from C2C is best played from Marathon to Snail.
Added Great Artist Darrinus per Hydro for his UTube for C2C, thx.
-Major gamespeed changes for Snail, Epic, and Eternity, see the forums for all of the details.
Moved Atheist civic from Compulsory Eduction tech to Enlightenment tech.
Added Unlimited National Units game option.

Downloaded this last night and got a checksum error when unzipping it. I'll try it again tonight and post the file that blows up.

ETA: I downloaded a second time, and this time no errors. It's installed and patched, and hopefully will work when I test it shortly.

A couple of small issues that I've noticed:

1) End of turn time is awfully long. It seems to be worse with more civilizations and larger maps. It also seems to get worse as the game progresses.

2) Combat at end-of-turn is very laggy. In my current game, it can take several minutes for end of turn to be processed.

A couple of small issues that I've noticed:

1) End of turn time is awfully long. It seems to be worse with more civilizations and larger maps. It also seems to get worse as the game progresses.

2) Combat at end-of-turn is very laggy. In my current game, it can take several minutes for end of turn to be processed.

The next version, v25, those problems have had some attention.

But,
1. it also depends upon your computer. 32bit OS with out the 3GB switch will only utilize 2GB of ram. C2C is Huge and requires more processing power.

2. Also the More AI and larger Maps means more processing to be done each turn. If it tskes several minutes to process EoT you system is lacking in Ram and processing power/speed.

Visit the Main C2C Forum for Tips, Hints, and Help.

JosEPh

Ironically the next release will be out soon so an entirely new list will have to be made for v24 to v25.
As long as it makes the mod BETTER! :goodjob:
And are you getting any closer to multi-mapping?
Cause otherwise the latter half of the tech tree is repetitive and dull... :scan:

As of long end-turns...
Yes, this is a BIG problem, even of pretty good PCs...
I have 4GB memory, and still wait a good minute on GEM.
Which is annoying when you anyways have to play for hundreds of turns...
Even the fastest game speed isn't as helpful...
Sorry, just plain complaining... :crazyeye:

As long as it makes the mod BETTER! :goodjob:
And are you getting any closer to multi-mapping?
Cause otherwise the latter half of the tech tree is repetitive and dull... :scan:

As of long end-turns...
Yes, this is a BIG problem, even of pretty good PCs...
I have 4GB memory, and still wait a good minute on GEM.
Which is annoying when you anyways have to play for hundreds of turns...
Even the fastest game speed isn't as helpful...
Sorry, just plain complaining... :crazyeye:

Thats fine about complaining, without that, things wont change so often.. but if its mainly about huge maps and GEM, please contain your post to those threads, that way the ones that work on it might see it, whereas this is just mainly an information thread is all, thx.

btw looks like Multi-Mapping might be 2-4 more months or so. maybe even longer, Koshling is a little burnt out on the viewport stuff.

Now with viewports! Even old slow computers can run fast because the view screen only loads a small part of the map! You can make he screen as big as you want. Turn times have been speed up considerably since it only has to process what is in the view screen. You can move the view screen around in the Military Advisor.

There are many other features too!

I'm trying to merge the plant nuclear device mission into super spies, but I can't get it to show up as an option. I've found that my problem is isNukesValid in CvPlayer.cpp. However, I thought that I have make all the prereqs occur to make it return true (manhattan project, see 2 other civs, etc.). Any thoughts? Does it work in C2C?

Downloading.
dima1980 kindly provides TORRENTS for a few versions already.
Check it at the bottom of page #3 on the download.

Top Bottom