Caveman2Cosmos

hi, i downloaded v19 of this mod, and upon starting i get the error:
Tag: BUILDING_NGAINAROK in Info class was incorrect.
Current XML file is:
modules\DancingHoskuld\Custom_Religions\Ngai\zC2C_Depend_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml

furthermore, i get "blank UI" error, my previous experience is that is because some texts have an <English> tag but no <German> tag. i did a preliminary search through the files, and came up with this list of differences in tag counts:
Spoiler :
--- english.txt 2012-01-20 22:31:21.000000000 +0100
+++ german.txt 2012-01-20 22:31:04.000000000 +0100
@@ -28 +27,0 @@
-./Assets/Modules/StrategyOnly/Heroes/Spartacus/Spartacus_CIV4GameText.xml:5
@@ -147 +146 @@
-./Assets/Modules/OrionsMods/GreatDoctorHealthCareMod/HC_Civ4GameText.xml:102
+./Assets/Modules/OrionsMods/GreatDoctorHealthCareMod/HC_Civ4GameText.xml:101
@@ -153 +152 @@
-./Assets/Modules/OrionsMods/Aviation/Aviation_CIV4GameText.xml:41
+./Assets/Modules/OrionsMods/Aviation/Aviation_CIV4GameText.xml:39
@@ -158 +156,0 @@
-./Assets/Modules/DancingHoskuld/Custom_Religions/Sikh/Sikh_CIV4GameText.xml:16
@@ -160 +157,0 @@
-./Assets/Modules/DancingHoskuld/Custom_Religions/Jainism/Jainism_CIV4GameText.xml:17
@@ -180 +177 @@
-./Assets/Modules/DancingHoskuld/Custom_Wonders/Ntl_Library_Service/NLS_Civ4GameText.xml:3
+./Assets/Modules/DancingHoskuld/Custom_Wonders/Ntl_Library_Service/NLS_Civ4GameText.xml:2
@@ -204 +201 @@
-./Assets/Modules/DancingHoskuld/MerchantFleet/MerchantFleet_CIV4GameText.xml:6
+./Assets/Modules/DancingHoskuld/MerchantFleet/MerchantFleet_CIV4GameText.xml:5
@@ -229 +226 @@
-./Assets/XML/Text/CIV4GameText_HEROES.xml:435
+./Assets/XML/Text/CIV4GameText_HEROES.xml:42
@@ -231 +228 @@
-./Assets/XML/Text/STONE_AGE_Civilopedia_BTS.xml:112
+./Assets/XML/Text/STONE_AGE_Civilopedia_BTS.xml:111
@@ -458 +455 @@
-./Assets/XML/Text/GST_Civ4GameText.xml:2
+./Assets/XML/Text/GST_Civ4GameText.xml:1
@@ -463 +460 @@
-./Assets/XML/Text/RoM_GameText_Help.xml:35
+./Assets/XML/Text/RoM_GameText_Help.xml:31
(search is very crude, so might have overlooked some)

some update: i built a script to fix the translations (as good as i can) by copying the english element (see attachment).

some issues i found inbetween: the following files have errors in them:
Parse error in ./Docs/Savanna_Readme_Install.xml: syntax error: line 1, column 0
this file is not an xml file at all.

Parse error in ./Assets/Modules/DancingHoskuld/Custom_Religions/Druid/Soundpack/Druid_Audio3DScripts.xml: mismatched tag: line 8, column 2
Parse error in ./Assets/Modules/DancingHoskuld/Custom_Religions/Voodoo/SoundPack/AudioDefines.xml: mismatched tag: line 36, column 3
Parse error in ./Assets/res/Fonts/MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml: mismatched tag: line 10, column 5
these files have errors in the xml structure (missing opening or closing tags)

Parse error in ./Assets/Modules/DancingHoskuld/Custom_Religions/Jainism/Jainism_CIV4GameText.xml: not well-formed (invalid token): line 9, column 24
Parse error in ./Assets/Modules/DancingHoskuld/Xtras/Units/KillerRabbit/ExoticAnimals-0.3_CIV4GameText.xml: not well-formed (invalid token): line 8, column 11
Parse error in ./Assets/XML/Text/BUGOptions_RevoultionGameText.xml: not well-formed (invalid token): line 22, column 34
these files have missing or wrong encoding set

Parse error in ./Assets/XML/BasicInfos/README_CIV4CalendarInfos.xml: no element found: line 8, column 79
Parse error in ./Assets/XML/BasicInfos/README_CIV4DomainInfos.xml: no element found: line 8, column 79
Parse error in ./Assets/XML/BasicInfos/README_CIV4DenialInfos.xml: no element found: line 8, column 79
Parse error in ./Assets/XML/BasicInfos/README_CIV4CityTabInfos.xml: no element found: line 8, column 79
Parse error in ./Assets/XML/BasicInfos/README_CIV4AttitudeInfos.xml: no element found: line 8, column 79
Parse error in ./Assets/XML/GameInfo/README_CIV4PlayerOptionInfos.xml: no element found: line 8, column 79
these files are empty (probably can be ignored)

i have not fully checked the results of the script for validity yet, so handle with care!

Attachments

• structural_fixes.diff.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 156
  • fixtranslations.py.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 227
@Eddi all good stuff, thanks. We were wondering why some people were getting blank UI's. I assume that the fix translation script creates entries in the text XML files if there aren't any.

I will look into the other errors and fix them.

Yes, it will create entries when they are missing, and it will also handle some places where people put in dummy translations like empty strings or "." which are totally useless in the game.

Hey,

Just thought I'd let you guys know that the Extra Long Movies download is down, since it used Megaupload, and well, they're gone. Any chance of it getting re-upped somewhere?

- Micael

Hey,

Just thought I'd let you guys know that the Extra Long Movies download is down, since it used Megaupload, and well, they're gone. Any chance of it getting re-upped somewhere?

- Micael

Luckily I made a back up in our SVN.;) I am doing some work on it as well so not all the movies are in yet. Hopefully a new version will be posted when v20 gets put up.

Luckily I made a back up in our SVN.;) I am doing some work on it as well so not all the movies are in yet. Hopefully a new version will be posted when v20 gets put up.

Was going to say, I've got a backup in my C2C v15 folder ;), but for anyone who wasn't lucky enough to get it earlier...

Liking what I've seen so far of the new version (the last version I played before this one was v17).

And new movies :O. I like the sound of that :).

So far I have just been adding static movies so there is at least something there.

Should do something similar to Realism invictus or what i plan on doing with my mods, either an addon with the movies or a smaller version w.o them. C2C is one of the longest loading mods i got and adding to many movies would take up to much space for something not that important in my opinion, static ones are good tho:goodjob:

Should do something similar to Realism invictus or what i plan on doing with my mods, either an addon with the movies or a smaller version w.o them. C2C is one of the longest loading mods i got and adding to many movies would take up to much space for something not that important in my opinion, static ones are good tho:goodjob:

I could have not agreed more.:) But when you say similar to a mod, say what it is(or a small example of), because alot of people actually like me, do not have RI.
But i was planning on like Afforess is doing and make a long version (with extra long movies and extra leaderheads) and a short version (NOT with movies and extra leaderheads but even static of all), I dont know if the others modders will agree on this though:confused:

rightfuture Perfect start for creating/integrating into the ideas for the Galactic Era- This well developed mod is a remake of Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - tech tree and units could an easy inclusion /inspiration for the galactic era. (Sid Meier made Alpha Centauri - could be a good starting place said:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=426026[/url]
(Monaldinio has some good ideas here and his mod is getting well developed, he recently got upset and pulled his mod from civfanatics because he speaks german . - might want to look for it/at it's new home -
http://civforum.de/showthread.php?t=68830

Seconded, that mod contains reams of stuff we could plunder. Some of it would require DLL work, but lots could be copy-pasted with few adjustments straight into C2C.

As a postscript I've been hoping for the SMAC concept of orbital buildings to be added. This might be the big thing for V20.

There will be problems...:spank::trouble:

Im watching you!

There will be problems...:spank::trouble:
Im watching you!

They have nothin done!
I am studying Business Law.
It does not matter where it was written in, you want steal without asking!
I hope i will not find equivalents!

"They have nothin done!", correct; none of your ideas have been stolen.

So what did Maniac have to say over your plundering PlanetFall.........?
JosEPh

C2C is about exploring ideas, and working with other modmakers, if they want to participate. I think it is the best community type mod yet. Yes, many ideas are inspired by other mods. Yes, many times code from other mods is used. Yes, they try to contact the modders before incorporating any code.

Just like you should have done, the C2C modders would ask you before they were wanting to use your code, they work hard to credit all inclusions.

Monaldinio, Too bad you weren't open to feedback and preferred to attack. ;)
I did not take a single idea, I was encouraging these guys to consider your ideas and contact you to participate. I supported your mod and encouraged others to play it.
All you are doing is convincing me to avoid your mod and burning me for supporting you. I was probably your biggest supporter here.

It really is a shame because these guys would have given you positive feedback on your mod and asked to improve upon your ideas. They probably would have shared some C2C ideas and code with you to help out your mod as well.

I think both C2C and your mod would have benefited, if you had worked together a little. Now we will never know.

I am very sorry, The_J, that discussion will not continue,
I promise to be on my best behavior. He apologized to everyone :)

I hope you allow the continuing discussion of C2C here, because it is that controversially good:)
I am passionate about the progress this mod is making.
Thanks again. C2C modders!! I love playing this mod :)

I have two issues I'm wondering if anyone can help with.

The first issue is that I end up with so many buildings in the cities, that it requires a lot of effort to sift through. All the icons look fairly different, but I still have to pretty much mouseover all of them, see what they are, and decide whether I need it or not. The thing that really bothers me though, is that a ton of these buildings are never going to be buildable. Either I dont have the specific resource, or the specific culture, and all these unbuildable stuff really starts to clog the interface. I'm not sure why other civ units are showing up anyway.

The popup that occurs when your city is idle in the beginning of the turn is great, because it lists all the building icons and building names in a top down list, and ONLY the stuff you can make. But you cant queue multiple production in that popup. The auto governer also doesnt make use of multiple production, and its usually a bad idea to use it anyway.

The second issue is that when playing multiplayer with a friend, we get random out of sync issues. Rejoining doesnt fix it, and we have to save and rehost the game. It may be related to the huge numbers of barbarians and barbarian animals wandering around. While exploring the fog with an invisible unit, there are unbelievable amounts of animals wandering around. This was around 120 turns in or so. We even found some large stacks of neanderthals idling around.

The number of barbs stuck inside fog should be decreased. Maybe after a certain amount of turns outside any civs vision, they should be deleted.

Is it possible to either hide/move all unbuildable stuff into its own section in the city screen? How about organizing them in alphabetical order at least. Or sorting them based on what they do (all science/commerce/food/military into its own section). Even when I'm looking for something, like in a new city, it takes a lot longer than it should.

I think predator animals (lions, jaguars, bears) should hunt down prey animals. In that note, why do the barb prey animals attack me anyway. Its pretty weird to see rampaging ducks, iguanas, and rabbits attacking ( and winning sometimes).

A great mod otherwise, but were having a hard time progressing too far in.

I have two issues I'm wondering if anyone can help with.

The first issue is that I end up with so many buildings in the cities, that it requires a lot of effort to sift through. All the icons look fairly different, but I still have to pretty much mouseover all of them, see what they are, and decide whether I need it or not. The thing that really bothers me though, is that a ton of these buildings are never going to be buildable. Either I dont have the specific resource, or the specific culture, and all these unbuildable stuff really starts to clog the interface. I'm not sure why other civ units are showing up anyway.

The popup that occurs when your city is idle in the beginning of the turn is great, because it lists all the building icons and building names in a top down list, and ONLY the stuff you can make. But you cant queue multiple production in that popup. The auto governer also doesnt make use of multiple production, and its usually a bad idea to use it anyway.

The second issue is that when playing multiplayer with a friend, we get random out of sync issues. Rejoining doesnt fix it, and we have to save and rehost the game. It may be related to the huge numbers of barbarians and barbarian animals wandering around. While exploring the fog with an invisible unit, there are unbelievable amounts of animals wandering around. This was around 120 turns in or so. We even found some large stacks of neanderthals idling around.

The number of barbs stuck inside fog should be decreased. Maybe after a certain amount of turns outside any civs vision, they should be deleted.

Is it possible to either hide/move all unbuildable stuff into its own section in the city screen? How about organizing them in alphabetical order at least. Or sorting them based on what they do (all science/commerce/food/military into its own section). Even when I'm looking for something, like in a new city, it takes a lot longer than it should.

A great mod otherwise, but were having a hard time progressing too far in.

Wait for a few days, i will be releasing version 20 then, with a TON of changes for the betterment of just such ideas as you stated:)

The number of animals/barbs is under ongoing optimization but it is not a source of OoS.
I am happy about every report of sync issues.
What I need in a report to fix an OoS issue is this:
  • Both players need logging activated, especially random logging (that is activated separately in the Civ4 ini)
  • Then when an OoS happens store the random log from the Civ4 Logs folder (other logs in there might help sometimes but not very often)
  • Post the OoS log (usually in the BtS exe folder) and the random log in the C2C subforum
  • Ideally include a savegame from before it happens, especially if it is reproducable

I recently fixed some OoS that occur quite often (the fixes will be in the V20 release).

Do you have V19 or newer? Check the buttons and drop down menus right above the build selections. They are for filtering, grouping and sorting what you can build (if you see the unit or building stuff depends on which button on the right of the build selections you clicked or if you selected a unit or building last).

I think predator animals (lions, jaguars, bears) should hunt down prey animals.

Can't be done since they are on the same side, all are barbarians. We have not figured out how to have more than one type of barbarian yet. When we do the first priority will be for "barbarians" that are not thrown out by the Great Wall so we can have slave revolts and jacqueries. ;)

If we did a realistic pray to predator ratio we would need 20-200 more prey animals in game.

In that note, why do the barb prey animals attack me anyway. Its pretty weird to see rampaging ducks, iguanas, and rabbits attacking ( and winning sometimes).

We are working on this. When a duck attacks just imagine that your troops were hungry and attacked before it was their turn to attack.:mischief: Others can be considered rogue animals. However remember that in prehistoric times animals were very dangerous, even the ones we have tamed and domesticated were able to kill.

Anyone besides me have the problem that Patrician gives me 600000000 espionage per bazaar (smells like an unitialized value somewhere)?

Anyone besides me have the problem that Patrician gives me 600000000 espionage per bazaar (smells like an unitialized value somewhere)?

That is a know problem in v19. Saving, exiting and reloading sometimes fixes it. I think ctrl-shift-T fixes it also. V20 is being prepared for release as we speak, it may take a day or two;)

Top Bottom