Caveman2Cosmos

Quick followup, i tried to fix this by adding more "CommerceChange" lines to the buildings, this seems to fix the issue, but i get lots of warnings on startup that the number of entries is larger than the array size (which is weird, because there are generally 4 commerce types)

in gerneral, this seems to be a deeper issue, probably in the C++ code, which i unfortunately have no way of compiling, so i can't even do any testing on that thought.

Attachments

• espionage_fix.diff.txt
    12.8 KB · Views: 85
Can it be that you have everything you find in the download section Civ4, just installed? :crazyeye::lol::dubious:

Do not think that it is too much?? Less is often more.
Or there are so many unique buildings and units??

The game principles I have not been tested.

BUT: The F-35 (95) is stronger than a modern battle ship (78) ????????? :eek:

And that's not the only example in which the units strength appears to others is illogical. Or not....:eek2:

Less is often more.

The principle one of the team follows is "more is more and less is less". ;) Mind you this mod is so big that I can't play it past early modern. We have not included WLBO or Eusebius World Religion-Revival mods yet.:mischief: Plus I would like to include some stuff from the Civ III mod "Paths to Glory".

BUT: The F-35 (95) is stronger than a modern battle ship (78) ????????? :eek:

And that's not the only example in which the units strength appears to others is illogical. Or not....:eek2:

We are balancing the classical to medieval eras at the moment. This means that some things that have been included in the later eras may not be correct. Reports of these errors is appreciated.

Sometimes, when a animal attacks and gets subdued, the game out of syncs. It seems the animal was subdued in one players game, but not the other. After reloading the game, the animal was no longer there. I wonder how many other % chance to happen events are also sometimes causing out of sync issues.

Could you please rehost c2c movie installation on some European server, while USA goes SOPAshistic ? :)

I always forget to check this thread. Its like an outpost far away from the big city of the C2C subforum.

Anywho C2C is a great mod. Its scope is so huge it dwarfs most other mods. We have a very talented team and are always looking for more helping hands so if any modder is interested in helping out C2C just head on down to our subforum and say hi.

As for new players, if you have not played C2C then you have not experienced awesomeness.

Is there only one type of cavalry for C2C? I just made it far enough into the game to start building cavalry. I'm playing as England, but my first cavalry unit looks like a U.S. Army Frontier cavalryman. Is this how it's supposed to look? Any plans to add some flavors?

Is there only one type of cavalry for C2C? I just made it far enough into the game to start building cavalry. I'm playing as England, but my first cavalry unit looks like a U.S. Army Frontier cavalryman. Is this how it's supposed to look? Any plans to add some flavors?

IIRC there is only one unit style for all units. If you want different ones you need to get the cultural units. We may add flavors after we redo all the starting nations with more realistic ones.

Hey, I remember you from Elucidus website long ago right?

I have been trying to get into playing Civ 5, without much success. Last year I tried your mod back at revision 17 I think. I loved the Mod then, though I found it hard as hell to build key elements with all the requirements you placed on making certain items. At times these resources were never available forcing me to start all over again. lol

I also think the year you start out should be around 100,000 B.C. or even 250,000 B.C. due to the fact humans were just managing to get a foot hold around this time period.

Other then these few comments, This Mod has to be the best ever made! I want to thank you for the hard work you have done with this Mod. I love it and wish you the best in all you do. We the fans appreciate your efforts and making my civ experience so rewarding. :D

Look forward to checking out version 20! w00t! :goodjob:

Hey, I remember you from Elucidus website long ago right?

I have been trying to get into playing Civ 5, without much success. Last year I tried your mod back at revision 17 I think. I loved the Mod then, though I found it hard as hell to build key elements with all the requirements you placed on making certain items. At times these resources were never available forcing me to start all over again. lol

I also think the year you start out should be around 100,000 B.C. or even 250,000 B.C. due to the fact humans were just managing to get a foot hold around this time period.

Other then these few comments, This Mod has to be the best ever made! I want to thank you for the hard work you have done with this Mod. I love it and wish you the best in all you do. We the fans appreciate your efforts and making my civ experience so rewarding. :D

Look forward to checking out version 20! w00t! :goodjob:

If you wait a few days you can get v21. ;)

Cool! I am already playing v20, a little confused lol but loving it! :p Glad it is being worked on still, I had thought I read it wasn't being updated no more. :D

Thanks for info

I cannot get this mod to load. I get to XML and it freezes. Can you advise as to this problem.

I cannot get this mod to load. I get to XML and it freezes. Can you advise as to this problem.

There is a lot of XML, it can take awhile to load, especially the first time. I think my record was almost a minute. If you don't play another mod between the the next load goes much faster.

Actually I forgot to mention, it stops and I get the message that Civ has stopped working . There must be another issue.

Cool! I am already playing v20, a little confused lol but loving it! :p Glad it is being worked on still, I had thought I read it wasn't being updated no more. :D

C2C is one of the most actively worked on mods. It would change literally on a daily basis, frequently multiple times per day, if you updated your game to match the SVN.

Look at the C2C: SVN discussion thread over in C2C's sub-forum of the Civ4 - Project & Mod Development forum. That thread is mostly announcements of things that have changed in the SVN. It has gotten almost 1600 posts since it was started last July 4th, for an average of around 7 posts per day.

There are some critical bugs that lock up the game. If you turn on auto promotion for hand ram, battering ram, it locks up the game. This can corrupt files, I had to reinstall a couple of times due to forgetting.

Top Bottom