Caveman2Cosmos

Does anyone have an Idea why my game would be just closing with no error in Medieval times on Snail on duel sized map? I can never finish a game no matter what I do. Is this normal?

Does anyone have an Idea why my game would be just closing with no error in Medieval times on Snail on duel sized map? I can never finish a game no matter what I do. Is this normal?

If you read the first post of the C2C Bug threads you will see what it is we need to diagnose the problem. In this case it sounds like the mini dump would be sufficient. Where the mini dump is is also explained in those posts.

Just tried the mod and the first thing that struck me as strange is after I select it to load from the mods menu it takes around a minute before anything begins initializing. Game and mod are both installed on a SSD.

Just tried the mod and the first thing that struck me as strange is after I select it to load from the mods menu it takes around a minute before anything begins initializing. Game and mod are both installed on a SSD.

If your first starting the mod for the first time, it can take 10ish minutes to load completely, then after that if you keep your PC on, it will take less than 2 minutes, otherwise its back to 10 minutes.

ah ok so it's to be expected then. I was just thrown off a bit because there was no loading screen for a minute. Wasn't sure if the game had self terminated.

did I do something wrong ? missing a hole lot of civs that were in v34
game loads n runs ok

A few may be added back - it is under discussion now. But mainly civs that originate in South America and Oceania (the Pacific).

did I do something wrong ? missing a hole lot of civs that were in v34
game loads n runs ok

The following have been added back to the SVN, so will be in the next version.

South America
1. Jivaro
2. Tupi
3. Brazil

Oceania
1. Aborigines
2. Maori
3. Polynesia.

I have tried to extract the mod a couple of times, including using 7-zip, and there are multiple errors that pop up. Basically, I cannot get the program unpacked. Just to be clear, I am unpacking this in the BeyondtheSword\Mods folder correct?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the advice. The latest stable version (per their website) is 9.30 alpha - I used that. There is a more recent one 9.34 alpha, but the website suggests it only as a development version.

After extracting, I got the same errors. Some I figured were help modules in different languages, but others appear to be important. What did not extract was (abbreviating to save space:

C\programfiles\firaxis/\civ4\BtS\Mods\C2c\C2C\Doc\combined mods\BUG mod info\Bug Mod help-ESP.chm (and-FRA.chm, ITA-chm, etc.) which I figures were less imporatant than:

C\programfiles\firaxis/\civ4\BtS\Mods\C2c\C2C\C2C.Ink
C\programfiles\firaxis/\civ4\BtS\Mods\C2c\C2C\Saved.Ink
C\programfiles\firaxis/\civ4\BtS\Mods\C2c\C2C\Assets\CVGamesCoreDLL.dll

Any further assistance is appreciated

MichaelB

C\programfiles\firaxis/\civ4\BtS\Mods\C2c\C2C\Doc\combined mods\BUG mod info\Bug Mod help-ESP.chm (and-FRA.chm, ITA-chm, etc.) which I figures were less imporatant than:

C\programfiles\firaxis/\civ4\BtS\Mods\C2c\C2C\C2C.Ink
C\programfiles\firaxis/\civ4\BtS\Mods\C2c\C2C\Saved.Ink
C\programfiles\firaxis/\civ4\BtS\Mods\C2c\C2C\Assets\CVGamesCoreDLL.dll

Any further assistance is appreciated

MichaelB

You cant rename it C2C, it must be Caveman2Cosmos. It also looks like you have 2 directories, if you have caveman2Comos twice in folders only i needed the one with the assets in it.

I was abbreviating when I typed C2C. The filename is Caveman2Cosmos just a Civ4 is actually Sid meier's civilization 4

Strange thing about the duplicate filename. If look at the actual folder on the computer for the mod, it doesn't show up: That is C:program files\firaxis\Civ4\BtS\Mods.

But if I open 7-zip file manager, its there.

I have the feeling I'm doing something wrong that is very, very basic. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Michaelb

I was abbreviating when I typed C2C. The filename is Caveman2Cosmos just a Civ4 is actually Sid meier's civilization 4

Strange thing about the duplicate filename. If look at the actual folder on the computer for the mod, it doesn't show up: That is C:program files\firaxis\Civ4\BtS\Mods.

But if I open 7-zip file manager, its there.

I have the feeling I'm doing something wrong that is very, very basic. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Michaelb

When you transfer the folders to the Mods/Caveman2Cosmos area, is there another C2C folder inside of that or does the 2nd folder say Assets?

When you transfer the folders to the Mods/Caveman2Cosmos area, is there another C2C folder inside of that or does the 2nd folder say Assets?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean about transferring the files. If you mean moving files from the second (unnecessary) C2C folder into the first one, I did that inside of the 7-zip file manager, including the folder that says assets

But after doing that, the unpacked file does not show up in the C: Program files\firaxis\Civ4\BtS\Mods directory except in the 7-zip file manager. Even not seeing the file on the computer, I tried to load it through the game itself, but the mod doesn't appear in the BTS load a mod option

Thanks

Michael

Top Bottom