Achievement Saves (for the lazy and/or the frustrated people out there)

Mr. Shirk said in the tech support forum that it seems they fixed it, and he wants to have some saves for it.
So if anyone can test if the bug appears in some of the achievement saves, then you should go to this thread and note it there ;).

http://pds24.egloos.com/pds/201207/03/50/Fall_of_Rome_3_Achievements.Civ5Save
Capture Rome and Constantinople.

I Sunk Your Imperial Capital! (Capture Rome as the Vandals using a boat in the Fall of Rome scenario.)
Turks Shmurks! (Capture Constantinople as any enemy power in the Fall of Rome scenario.)
Double KO (Capture both Rome and Constantinople in the same game in the Fall of Rome scenario.)

http://pds24.egloos.com/pds/201207/03/50/I_Missed_That_Day_in_History_Class.Civ5Save
Capture the Sassanid city, then end the turn.

I Missed That Day in History Class (Capture any Sassanid city as the Celts in the Fall of Rome scenario.)
Et tu, Brute (Win the Fall of Rome scenario.)

Mr. Shirk said in the tech support forum that it seems they fixed it, and he wants to have some saves for it.
So if anyone can test if the bug appears in some of the achievement saves, then you should go to this thread and note it there ;).

I used the achievement saves after G&K launched, and the vast majority of them worked. The only ones I had issues with were those for the Korean scenario; things were switched around enough that after using all the saves, I still did not have Samurai Delicatessen (Win as Japan), Taekwon-DOH! (Lose as Korea) or Dragon Emperor (Win on Emperor).

Just wanted to pop in and say that this thread is a great help... I'm a bit OCD when it comes to gathering achievements, but I simply don't LIKE playing on high difficulties - I'd rather settle in for a nice, long, relaxed game on Chieftain or Prince, than having to constantly fight tooth and nail for my mere survival on Emperor or Deity... the sheer number of 'Emperor+' achievements was making me despair, until I found this thread!

So thanks - you guys have made my day. :goodjob:

I'm really happy that this actually works! =D

Interestingly, it appears that the New World scenario victory conditions have been changed, since reaching 1000 points alone does not seem to trigger a victory. Other than that, all scenario achievements have unlocked for me (save for those that I couldn't do because I already had them).

Anyway! Aside of the Korean and Smoky Skies ones, I'm not a big fan of the scenarios, and especially not on higher difficulties - not to mention most of the grinding achievements, so this was a HUGE help in getting those things that are simply time-consuming and not really fun at all to unlock. Thanks a lot to FeiLing and ggmoyang specially.

Maybe I'll be able to provide one of the G&K-specific ones myself as return (perhaps the Smoky Skies ones because I actually do enjoy that scenario).

Smoky Skies is a great scenario... but for better or worse, it's got no really hard achievements. Just play through it on Settler, and you can sweep up all of them easily. Still, I suppose what's easy for me may not be easy for someone else...

Smoky Skies is a great scenario... but for better or worse, it's got no really hard achievements. Just play through it on Settler, and you can sweep up all of them easily. Still, I suppose what's easy for me may not be easy for someone else...

Well, even then, it's a start! Not to mention I could put it on Warlord difficulty since that hasn't been covered by the saves yet. ;)

I just want to say thank-you very much for helping me get the achievements that were alluding me.

And now we need the ones for "Gods and Kings".

Nice thanks very useful got a couple of achievement scenarios that I missed here.

Has anyone in the world ever gotten the Pax Romana Aeternum achievement? Is it even possible?

I cannot for my world understand how I am supposed to be able to retain all my original cities as one of the Roman factions on deity difficulty level...

Merely winning it is hard enough!

Here is one for the G&K Achievement Apocalypse now (2012 Nuke use as Maya). Not hard, and I wasn't mindful not to include any DLC civs, but here you go. Just nuke the remaining Incan city.

Attachments

• Maya2012Nuke.Civ5Save
    1.6 MB · Views: 494
Alright, here's all the Smoky Skies ones. Sadly, I couldn't get them to work out all at once, but eh. Also, as mentioned, I added in the Warlord difficulty, since that is the only one yet to be covered by the saves in here - for completion's sake! Already organized for FeiLing should he decide to update the OP some time. =)

Gods & Kings - Empire of the Smoky Skies Scenario:

Option_SmokySkiesWin.Civ5Save
End the turn.
The Alexman (Beat the game on Warlord difficulty.)
Modern Major-General (Win the Empires of the Smoky Skies scenario.)
Quite Accomplished (Retain control of the same honourable title for the entire length of the game it is available in the Empires of the Smoky Skies scenario.)

Option_Share_intrigue.Civ5Save
Open the Diplomacy Window and contact Dalmace. Select the Discuss option and then share intrigue with them (the last option before the Back button).
Gentlemen's Agreement (Share intrigue with another player in the Empires of the Smoky Skies scenario.)

Option_Flyer.Civ5Save
The only active Flyer unit should be selected - if not, it's the Northernmost one. When selecting, make sure to click on the triangle icon, not the actual airship. Attack Antwerp's cannon with a Tile Attack.
Sky Admiral (Destroy an enemy unit with a Flyer based at a Sky Fortress in the Empires of the Smoky Skies scenario.)

hmm not getting the Dr. Heidegger's Experiment (Find the Fountain of Youth) achievement when I load the save game here. Maybe some DLC is actually required for that one? I got no dlc atm im hoping for steam sales so I can get it for a nice price :)

And another one~, this time the action-specific one for the Huns. I'll also add the one for the Celts in a bit. But first I need a break. ;P

Edit: Putting everything together in one post...

New post for convenience and collecting all the links that have been dropped since the Expansion. Will edit this as they come up, at least until FeiLing picks the thread up again. I also mirrored all of the downloads on my dropbox (just for even more convenience).

Gods & Kings Achievements:

For all of these achievement savestates, you need the Gods & Kings Expansion pack. Thanks to ggmoyang and Wuddel for their contributions.

Empires of the Smoky Skies Scenario:

Instructions:
Download the savegames. Copy them into the following folder (scenario savegames are saved in a different folder than normal savegames!):
C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModdedSaves\single

Option_SmokySkiesWin.Civ5Save
End the turn. Optionally, you can ask tribute from Antwerp, Sydney, Cape Town and Monaco to get some progress on the bullying achievement.
The Alexman (Beat the game on Warlord difficulty.)
Modern Major-General (Win the Empires of the Smoky Skies scenario.)
Quite Accomplished (Retain control of the same honourable title for the entire length of the game it is available in the Empires of the Smoky Skies scenario.)
Progress for: Gimme Your Lunch Money! (Bully 3000 gold from City-States across any number of playthroughs.)

Option_Share_intrigue.Civ5Save
Open the Diplomacy Window and contact Dalmace. Select the Discuss option and then share intrigue with them (the last option before the Back button).
Gentlemen's Agreement (Share intrigue with another player in the Empires of the Smoky Skies scenario.)

Option_Flyer.Civ5Save
The only active Flyer unit should be selected - if not, it's the Northernmost one. When selecting, make sure to click on the triangle icon, not the actual airship. Attack Antwerp's cannon with a Tile Attack.
Sky Admiral (Destroy an enemy unit with a Flyer based at a Sky Fortress in the Empires of the Smoky Skies scenario.)

Fall of Rome Scenario:

Instructions:
Download the savegames. Copy them into the following folder (scenario savegames are saved in a different folder than normal savegames!):
C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModdedSaves\single

ggmoyang_Fall_of_Rome_3_Achievements.Civ5Save
Capture Rome and Constantinople.
I Sunk Your Imperial Capital! (Capture Rome as the Vandals using a boat in the Fall of Rome scenario.)
Turks Shmurks! (Capture Constantinople as any enemy power in the Fall of Rome scenario.)
Double KO (Capture both Rome and Constantinople in the same game in the Fall of Rome scenario.)

ggmoyang_I_Missed_That_Day_in_History_Class.Civ5Save
Capture the surrounded Sassanid city, then end the turn.
I Missed That Day in History Class (Capture any Sassanid city as the Celts in the Fall of Rome scenario.)
Et tu, Brute (Win the Fall of Rome scenario.)

Into the Renaissance Scenario:

Instructions:

ggmoyang_Mehmet_the_Conqueror.Civ5Save
Capture Constantinople with the Privateer unit.
Mehmet the Conqueror (As the Turks, conquer Istanbul on Deity in the Into the Renaissance scenario.)

ggmoyang_Richard_the_Lionheart.Civ5Save
Capture Jerusalem
Richard the Lionheart (As England, conquer Jerusalem on Emperor or above in the Into the Renaissance scenario.)

General G&K Achievements:

Instructions:
C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Saves\single

Option_GK_RAM.Civ5Save
End the Turn.
RAM Usage (Research Satellites while playing as Attila on a huge map.)

Option_GK_Petra.Civ5Save
Conquer Douglas using one of the 4 Landships near the border.
Last Crusade (Capture the city that built Petra using a Landship.)

Option_Llainfair.Civ5Save
Found the city with the one remaining Settler.
Longest. Name. Ever. (Have the city of Llanfairpwllgwyngyll in your empire.)

Wuddel_Maya2012Nuke.Civ5Save
NOTE: You need the Spain & Inca DLC pack for this save.
Use a nuclear bomb on the remaining Inca city.
Apocalypse Now (As the Maya, nuke a city in the year 2012.)

Ah, thank you! Must have missed that one. =) I'll add it to the list momentarily.

Top Bottom